[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/'s review of Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Warcraft Movie.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Movie.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
Ok /tv/ forget about the critics! If you have seen this movie give me your opinion of it. Cut through the marketing and bullcrap and bias and just give me your review.
>>
File: 1457551635471.jpg (30 KB, 342x409) Image search: [Google]
1457551635471.jpg
30 KB, 342x409
the movie literally gave me stomach cancer. i live duncan jones' previous work and i love warcraft, but the movie is pure shit. visuals were amazing, everything else sucked hard.
>>
File: 1464140738492.jpg (1 MB, 1544x3436) Image search: [Google]
1464140738492.jpg
1 MB, 1544x3436
>>70607207
>Cut through the marketing and bullcrap and bias and just give me your review.
How about no blizzdrone?
>>
>>70607207
I've just come back from watching it and it was much better than I expected. The actors weren't the greatest actors ever, but they did their job well enough. This movie is primarily a visual spectacle and as a long-time fan of the Warcraft franchise, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all on the big screen. It's a popcorn movie, but nothing more. Don't expect too much of it apart from great visual effects and you won't be too disappointed. I also have no idea how people who aren't as immersed in Warcraft lore as I am will see this movie. I think it will look pretty ridiculous to a non-Warcraft fan.
>>
>>70607207
Its decent. I liked the battles, cgi, and scenery. The costumes is good in a clean fantasy way. The story is basic but the villian is good. The biggest flaw is that it feels to short, like they had to cut alot and rush scenes to fit it in 2 hours. Overall 6/10 if you like fantasy.
>>
File: Reaction (625).jpg (44 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
Reaction (625).jpg
44 KB, 600x662
>>70607207

Its shit because its shit because it has to be shit because if its not shit il have to shit myself so its shit.
>>
>>70607732

>I can't tell ironic shitposters from actually shills

Oh fucking boy
>>
>>70608164
Fuckin' kek
>>
>>70608164
This is pretty much spot on how /tv/ has discussed the movie. I really dont understand why its so important for people that this peticular movie fails.
>>
>>70607207
Watched it with 8 other people, 6 of us hated it and everyone but me was a wowfag. We all acknowledged it was a very bad movie.
>>
I liked it and I am not fan of the game .When I tried to analyze the movie it became obvious that it has many flaws ,but while I was watching it I enjoyed a lot.
>>
its ok entertainment. i played WoW back in the days and it was kind of fun to see the characters and world in a movie. if youre bored and you have nothing else to do you might as well watch it, but you can probably find something better to do with your time.
>>
>>70608338
If it fails /v/ loses and /tv/ can pretend its not the biggest shithole on the internet.
>>
The fights are pretty neat, didnt give a toss about the characters, they kept jumping back and forth between them and never really developed any of them because there were so many. The acting is REALLY fucking bad from the live actors, jesus fucking christ.

Watch for the action scenes if youre into sword and sorcery action, because those parts are really good, its a shame about the rest of the movie. Shit, if you dont want to see it in cinema wait for youtube clips of the battles, theyre worth your time, much like in BvS the Batman parts, there ARE parts that are good, they are just buried by the shit.

This is more of an acquired taste movie, you have to like fantasy to have any kind of investment in this, I see why critics hate it, you dont really see movies this fantastical, and its asking alot of its audience to stay interested when the actors themselves dont seem interested. Whole thing shouldve been CGI to get around the stiff as fuck live actors, theyre the worst part and its very noticeable.

6/10. Bad acting and lack of a focused plot brings down the otherwise very good battle sequences where CGI is punching CGI.
>>
I feel like the whole film hinged on a sequel existing to play out its many plot strings. This took away from story elements like the orcs relationship with the fel and Stormwind's position following the films events, in the end there are still hundreds of orcs and Gul'Dan is leading them.

That said I liked a lot of the characters, Khadgar appeared like some form of Rincewindesque wizard archetype, which was refreshing given modern cinemas proclivity towards Mary Sues. Travis Fimmel did alright, I felt bad for him, he had that weird faggot son and a forced relationship with Garona dragging him down the whole time. It was a relief when he got to raise that sword at the end, finally freed from plot devices. Durotan carried the film though, clad in wolf skins facing down Gul'Dan he set about trying to save a forgettable third act.

All in all it was very average but enjoyable if you have a taste for Warcraft.
>>
I challenge you to dislike Duncan Jones after watching this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRnqCiRzKmo
>>
>>70607207
+
60 fps

Orcs
>>
>>70611553
He is a white hating nu-male faggot. That wasn't hard to do.
>>
File: 1463925494376.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463925494376.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
For someone who's totally ignorant why is this the 'lol marvelfags BTFO' movie of all movies?

Just curious.
>>
>>70609312
This was pretty much my impression. I had a great time watching it but there were clear issues. Pacing was off, the guy playing the King wasn't great, Alduin's son could have been handled better etc.

The orcs were great
>>
It was good. The plot moves too fast, so when deaths happen, it doesn't really hit you like it should. Can't wait for the extended cut though.
>>
>>70607207

will you like movie or not depends on your knowledge of Warcraft lore, if you are familiar with it you will just love the fact you see them on big screen but if you are not a fan of franchise and you never heard of any of those chars, you will be very confused.
>>
>>70612418
Seriously, what the fuck was up with Lothar's son? He was barely a character at all and thus when he was killed off by Blackhand you gave absolutely zero fucks. He doesn't even exist in the original lore. He was just added there for drama.
>>
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-08/-warcraft-has-largest-opening-day-at-china-s-box-office-in-2016
>>
File: 1987nerds.png (434 KB, 648x610) Image search: [Google]
1987nerds.png
434 KB, 648x610
>>70611788
>>
>>70612893
Studio forced Jones and editor to cut 40 min from the film so there's a lack of character development. Jones said there will be a director's cut if it does well.
>>
>>70610301
That's more of the fault of the source material.

The actors are pretty great. The problem is the characters are fucking awful and so is the Warcraft 1 and 2 story.

The best actors in the industry would not be able to make bad characters like Lothar, WC1 Medivh, WC1 Doomhammer, Llane, Garona interesting and the same goes for the story.

It's just impossible.

And god help us if we get to Warcraft 2 because the only interesting characters are Doomhammer, Guldan, Khadgar, Kurdran, and motherfucking Danath.
>>
>>70607207
8/10
great: orcs, gul'dan, true to source, brutal combat, human actors better than expected

less: lightning cgi, king's helmet, generic golem (but the scene was good)

suck my fucking dick if you didn't like it
>>
It's a 3/10 for me. Haven't played a Warcraft game since WC3, never got into WoW.

The first 10 minutes are decent, setting up Durotan and his story and the Orcs invading Azeroth, but then it's like the film's editor loses his mind. Characters just start flying around to different cities on griffins and finding kings in pubs and wizards in morgues at a breakneck pace with nothing established or explained. It slows a little by the second act, but by that point if you're not on board with the lore you'll be lost.

Also, a lot of the acting outside Durotan and based Guldan is pretty terrible, especially in the Alliance. Lots of Final Fantasy Spirits Within style cliche lines. On that note, lots of bad CGI. Lots of odd moments - that orc chick crowdsurfing at the end while sobbing was hilarious. The romance was disastrous.

I feel if they'd taken a cue from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and narrowed the focus to just one respective sympathetic member on each side, it might have helped ease us into this fucking weird world and story. Instead, we're spread too thin over a bunch of shit Alliance characters, too little time with Durotan (who does basically nothing despite being likeable), and the movie just kind of collapses.
>>
>>70607207
Awesome movie, only went because my weeb friends dragged me and my girl.

Sad that it wasnt IMAX though, was a shitty VUE cinema in Purley Croydon, might go imax to see this again because I really liked certain things about the film.

I liked more than a few of the characters, I liked the basic premise because there was a lot to take in visually so it was nice to be overwhelmed by everything.

Pacing was not too bad as people making not sure about it but can see things were cut.

Overal badass villain and made me feel for several of the characters, even Draka.

7/10 if I was a warcraft fan I would have given it 8/10 because I didnt know half the stuff people were sperging out about and clapping and cheering to in the cinema, but must be game references or something.
>>
>>70614669
>Like all Frazetta fantasy posters came to life all at once.

I fucking wish. That would be fucking awesome.
>>
>>70611553
This fucking chinese hyypocrit, I watched as he shat over every trailer on this collider show saying it look ok-ish and it shit and what have you and look how nervous he is interviewing him, he doesnt have the fuckign balls to ask the real questions and why for everything he was raping it about.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.