[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 13
What's /tv/'s opinion on Seth Rogan's annoying new show?
>>
File: 1451006921273.jpg (26 KB, 321x333) Image search: [Google]
1451006921273.jpg
26 KB, 321x333
>wanting /tv/'s opinion on anything
>>
i like it

first episode was better though
>>
>>70606982

I kind of hate how Cassidy's reaction to sunlight is inconsistent as fuck, he even let's his hand get burned and is like whatever.
>>
>>70606982
It was as i expected
Full of diversity and story ruined
>making a on the road adventure tv show is hard, why not have the characters meet and stay in the same location, and spice things up with jokes stoners like
>>
>>70607056
Were you a fan of the comics?
>>
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 2048x2048
Makeup department should be hanged.

>open your heart
How does that translate to removing your heart your body?
>>
>>70607130
never read it
>>
>>70606982

They do right what it's good from the comics (Cassidy mostly), who the fuck cares if Tulip is a sassy nigger?
>>
>>70607187
I wasn't even able to tell Tulip was black in the first episode, she was way too lightskinned. Also she gave me a boner. Stop being faggots.
>>
>>70607134
I don't want to make excuses for the show even though I like it, but I think the purpose of that was to highlight that though Preacher has a powerful influence, what he says is ultimately interpreted by the people he says the things too. Which is why I predict that because he said 'open your eyes' to that comatose girl she will only open her eyes but not become conscious
>>
>>70607056
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>70607219
>>70607187

Tulip is a giant cunt in this, she's on her way to be Poochie.
>>
It's shit, and anyone who likes it is shit. There have been a handful of actually decent comic books in the entire history of the medium, and Preacher is one of them. Of course kikes have to ruin it, because kikes ruin everything.
>>
>>70607395
How does it ruin it? I've never understood this line of thinking for adaptations/remakes. This has never been the case.
>>
>>70607452
They ruined the adaptation, stupid.
>>
>>70606982
Dude must get so trim IRL. Handsome as fuck.
>>
>>70607484
How so?
>>
>>70606982
Is that the guy from "Office Space"?
>>
>DUDE
>>
>>70607056
this
>>
>>70607105
Read an interview with Gilgun where he described it as "like a really bad itch" or something of the like.

Also it's funny, he actually had never read the comics before he got the role and he's the most comic accurate one so far.

I presume, anyway.
>>
>>70607530
By fucking with basic character dynamics, aesthetics, and tone to the point where it might as well be a different show.
>>
>>70607661
Do you think it would have been a more accurate representation of the comic if it had been picked up by a different network? Ie, is it constrained by AMC?
>>
So, I'm enjoying the show so far, but I've never read the comics. I can't shake the feeling that the comics go even more insane with it all.

Should I read them? Will it ruin my enjoyment of the show?
>>
>>70607745
It's possible, considering what happened to The Walking Pleb(another show based on a decent comic book that was ruined by television)

However, I wouldn't put it past Rabbi and Kikeberg to change it up due to their own egotism.
>>
I just don't see until the end of the world with this tulip
>>
>>70606982
Tulip was ruined into becoming the Two and a Half Men's stalker neighbor, but we're supposed to think she's strong because she's a creepy ultra macho bully psycho stalker who puts people out and kidnaps and rapes them

also jessie is total faggot in this

arseface is a interesting change, but then you realize the humor was taken away because it was "insensitive".
>>
>>70608288
How was Arseface in the comic?

I thought it was really kinda funny how he seems like...so normal I guess. Aside from the whole assface.
>>
>>70608427
>>
how do they do it
>>
>>70608427
He's just a punching bag in the comic. Nobody takes him seriously even when he's pointing a gun at them. Cassidy gives him his name when he's all fucked from a car crash because he can't stop himself etc

It's an interesting they humanized him from the start (the book is ultimately fond of him) but once you see the bigger picture of why they did it it's pretty boring
>>
>>70606982
>DUDE BLASPHEMY LMAO
>>
>>70608581
His ending had so much impact because of how much absolute shit he was forced to eat by every character he came across throughout the series. The way they've handled all of the characters so far, I doubt the ending will have much impact at all when it comes to any of the characters. So much about the ending hinges on contrast and parallels between it and previous characterization that they've already thrown out the window in this version.
>>
>>70608489
Fucking kek

>>70608581
Ah, cool. I think humanizing him was a smart move, in that case. Not really from a political perspective but in general it'd be less interesting if he was just the butt of everyone's jokes (pun definitely intended)

Also I find it strange that I can understand everything he's saying. Even without subtitles.
>>
>>70608288
you knew shit was in the wrong tracks when Jessie is holding himself from doing anything against Le evil racist hicks harassing the new mascott because it wasnt racist enough

the guy in the comics hates PC shit, worships John Wayne etc

Here it's Rogen coming from gamergate-tier twitter fights and imagining racist harassers are a big thing in the "racist team logo" internet fights
>>
>>70608774
yeah, it's really sweet in the end because of that contrast.
>>
>>70607128
>making a on the road adventure tv show is hard
It's really expensive to build new sets for every episodes
>>
>>70608937
Yet there's a fucking comedy show on TBS that does it.
>>
File: arseface[1].png (657 KB, 640x774) Image search: [Google]
arseface[1].png
657 KB, 640x774
>>70607134
Why didn't they use this
>>
It's loosely based on the comics so far. I don't think any network would be crazy enough to do a direct adaptation. TV needs characters that people like to be successful, comics just need characters that are interesting. That being said, I'll probably continue to watch at least the 1st season.
>>
they ruined Tulip but everything else seems okay.
>>
>>70609066
>what is Seinfeld
>what is Always Sunny
Preacher was always a comedy, albeit a dark one, and you can have unlikable protagonists in comedy
>>
>>70607545
no, that's ron livingston. this is someone else
>>
>>70607128
>story ruined
Like there was anything good there in the first place
>>
File: preacher6.jpg (475 KB, 1415x803) Image search: [Google]
preacher6.jpg
475 KB, 1415x803
>>70607661
>Characters
Every character in the comics read like a British guy trying to do impressions of those people.
>Aesthetics
You must be thinking of another word because everyone had the same damn face by War In The Sun. There was male, female,fat male,fat female arseface,bob and Loraine. That's it. Even the black people looked the same except they were darker colored.
>>
>>70609660
nice contrarian opinion, but I think you'll fit in better over on reddit with that.
>>
>>70608800
The subtitles are really a joke from the comics. Weird considering how they toned him down and made him relatable in the show
>>
>>70609751
Its an opinion based on a fucking plain fact. What's your problem anyway? I can't have an opinion? The way I see something isn't the same as you, so I should go to Reddit?
From what I know about the place, it looks like it's right up your alley
>>
>>70609983
literally "i'm baiting for replies": the post
>>
>>70610099
If I was baiting for replies would I post this? I don't think so.
>>
>>70610258
Malcolm in the Middle sucked in the last two seasons.
>>
>>70607105
Glad to know I'm not the only one annoyed by this.
>>
>>70608288
>she's strong because she's a creepy ultra macho bully psycho stalker who puts people out and kidnaps and rapes them
For real, how do these people not see what they end up writing in their frenzy for good boy points?

They went so much for the "we love strong women, I'm actually the bigger man, look how secure I am" that they become weird creepy beta subs in imaginary bdsm rape fantasies with a masculine little shitbitch.
>>
>In the comics
"huh apparently i can't give cats divine orders, they don't understand english"
>tv
all dogs shut up

So in the show he's one inch away from telling cars to fly or what? That was a great little thing in the book, he's a hick who only speaks english (america fuck yeah) and that provincial little thing limits the word of heaven itself.
>>
>>70610598
Herr Starr even sends in a Samson team consisting entirely of people who don't speak English for this very reason. What haven't the kikes fucked up so far?
>>
File: 1462453364524.jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462453364524.jpg
38 KB, 600x600
>>70610598
>he's a hick who only speaks english (america fuck yeah) and that provincial little thing limits the word of heaven itself.

>Herr Starr sends team of only french speaking soldiers after Jesse
>Jesse: DROP YOUR GUNS!
>BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA!
>Jesse: Guess those boys don't speak American...
>>
>>70607056
this, haven't read the comics either
>>
>>70610598
Thats the only thing that's bothered me so far.
>>
>>70610652
>>70610684
I even forgot that.

it's like it's being made by the most humorless wimps who thought it should be written like Lost (just introduce vague nonsense "mystery" scene to get people curious for the next episode)
>>
>>70606982
It should start picking up now that he knows he has the power to fuck with people
>>
>>70610896
It will. I'm betting he does it to cassidy next episode.
>>
>>70610598
maybe Rogen thinks dogs can speak american because they're man's best friend but cats can't because they're cunts.

idk maybe the dogs were told to shut up before and understand it in the same way some dogs do when you train them to sit
>>
>>70610947
yes they show it in the preview, he tells him to fly
>>
>>70610970
or maybe Rokike and Goldheeb are shitty writers
>>
File: awfulness.jpg (36 KB, 663x579) Image search: [Google]
awfulness.jpg
36 KB, 663x579
>>70606982
Already dropped. Looks like the next WD soap opera to me.
>>
>>70608288
Yeah Tulip at this point is some shitty Chuck Norris joke.

You understand why John Wayne's ghost isn't in this as a commentary on american masculinity and his influence on Jessie - since women in media today are written to be even more of a ridiculously dickless overcompensating masculine exageration.
>>
>>70611012
I didn't see that. I figured he would make him stand on his head
>>
>>70611638
There's no John Wayne's ghost? What the fuck?
>>
>>70607756
I read all comics after episode 1 and then rewatched. I see them as 2 different stories.The comics have a huge western(the genre) influence and deal with both sides of the political spectrum. It is way more insane thougj and there are some scenes which i will miss
>>
>>70611638
I just figured they spend so much money on the music that they couldn't afford John Wayne or any of his well known characters. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they never showed John Wayne's face. Or old Elvis either.
>>
>>70611709
well maybe it wouldn't make sense in 2016. Maybe Schwarzenegger but that's too exagerated, or Chuck Norris or whatever.

But in light of show Tulip it'd be absurd to have it in there since it was a commentary on Jessie living up to fictional macho cowboy standards (and why it was understandable considering the pussification around him and his dad's ethos).
>>
>>70611883
Did those kikes even read the fucking comic books?
>>
>>70609025
Ayyy someone else that watches the detour. Severely underrated and what's her face from justified is a mega milf
>>
>>70611883
Comic tulip was so likeable.She was a heavy feminist but also wanted all the responsibilities.(fighting to the death at jesses side)
She was tough but also very vulnerable which made her appealing.Tv tulip seems to perfect for now.
>>
>>70611845
nah it's probably not that, since in the comics you're at first kinda lost on who he is (he only says shit like "pilgrim" and is always hidden by shadows) so it's vague enough to bypass rights
>>
>>70610315
>thinking that's only from Malcolm in the middle
>thinking that episode was in the finale two seasons
>not loving the final two seasons
Krelboyne detected
>>
>>70611995
I only saw the first episode, liked it quite a bit, but didn't keep up with it. Should I get back into it?
>>
>>70612095
I would say yes, I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Tons of small guest roles playing such absurd people
>>
>>70611996
yes and it wasn't about her being capable and strong. That was a given. She was great because she did her thing with motivation, for people she liked, that was the main foccus.

She overcomes her hatred of guns and being good with them (because of what happened to her dad) because she needed to help a friend.

The show version is like blaxpoitation satire. Just make Jessie fucking Black Dynamite and it'd be pretty much the same
>>
>>70611883
>But in light of show Tulip it'd be absurd to have it in there since it was a commentary on Jessie living up to fictional macho cowboy standards
"Jessie, stop trying to be some manly cowboy or I'll whip my 10 inch strong woman cock after I rape you and bring down choppers with my biceps while I bite down on cigars"

Well, we know Jessie won't cry at the end since he's already a pussy and there'd be no contrast.
>>
>>70609037
Not edgy and realistic enough.
>>
>>70607128
>full of diversity and story ruined
I think I know what answer I'm going to get but explain anyway.
>>
File: assface.png (642 KB, 1007x405) Image search: [Google]
assface.png
642 KB, 1007x405
How does this become someone who sounds like they're in an echo chamber.
>>
>>70612268
>>70612268
I don't even care that she is not white and blond. I actually like her look. But jesse and her together don't mix well emotionally.
Also big parts of the comics was masculinity and feminism. It had a nice balance concerning gender roles and made fun conservatives and liberals alike. The thing I like is the growing friendship between cassidy and jesse. Though I hope they get cassidy's character right. He is an amazing friend but also very weak in spirit and will.
>>
>>70612745
read the thread, candy ass
>>
>>70612787
yes at this point Tulip is this >>70608288

They dont feel like ex-lovers ("until the end of the world"), she's just a modern media strong woman cliche (every delivery is like some femdom "dangerous/ teasing" femme fatale) to the point the relationship is more of a big sister bullying a faggy little brother.
>>
>>70612927
Also, her accent is fucking shit, and the actress only got the job because the annoying limey who plays Jesse is a fucking her IRL.
>>
>>70612753
This scene is totally doable (think of Gob throwing the letter at the sea in Arrested Development) but now it's gone

idgi it's the guys from This Is The End, they're not terrible at comedy, how could they fuck this up so badly?
>>
>>70612927
The problem is she doesn't even feel "inspired" by the comic to me, there is nothing remaining from the original character apart from "she can use a gun". Also with her whole one last job shtick she doesn't have the instant rapport with Cassidy, except for maybe now they're going to team up to bully Jesse who is a wet blanket into being all badass and dangerous with them. It's stupid as shit.
>>
Does Tom Cruise or something die in it?
>>
>>70613067
He's killed by the thing that possesses Jesse, causes him to explode in front of a Scientology congregation.

It's only alluded to on a news broadcast.
>>
>>70610598
home animals usually understand people, cat's usually just don't care.
>>
>>70613067
He exploded. Genesis was looking for the right preacher to host it. It went through the African preacher, the devil warshipper, and Tom Cruise at a Scientology seminar.
>>
>>70612927
>woman cliche (every delivery is like some femdom "dangerous/ teasing" femme fatale
Don't people get tired of this? It seems every female role nowadays is this ("i have something on you"), I think I first noticed when Hathaway did it as catwoman. It's fucking Anne Hathaway.
>>
>>70613315
>Genesis was looking for the right preacher to host it.
Wow, they can't even get Genesis's characterization right. What the fuck are they even doing?
>>
>>70613362
You want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy.
>>
>>70613062
I think they're both written with the same thought behind, it's men writters going "yeah we're men, we can handle her ball busting and strong women, I don't need some woman being sweet, I can take it" etc

But that's it.
>>
>>70613424
YES THAT! It's always that sort of shit!

You go back to even a bad acting role from Natalie Portman and it feels so fresh and different in comparison
>>
>>70613381
Well can you explain on the comic genesis motivation? Because I don't remember what it was originally
>>
I reckon this is Evan Goldbergs and Seth Rogans Preacher.
>>
>>70613571
At the start? Human morality, basically it wants to bond with a soul to develop a full consciousness. Afterwards, being John Wayne.
>>
>>70613362
>>70613424
>>70613482
It's becoming more and more like something like "fast talking tough city gal" cliche acting from the 50s or whatever. It's starting to become a noticeable affectation of generic actresses, maybe because we're moving on from it.

I least I hope. "You want me and my evil smile and husky voice and I'm doing a naughty evil dominatrix face like I got electric fencewire in my pussy and I own you, Im dangerous blabla".
>>
>>70613571
It had nothing to do with Jesse being a Preacher.
>>
>>70613868
I honestly don't mind characters like that, I just kind of wish there was also someone to call them out on it. They can even portray that person as the evil cispig or whatever, but holy fuck most of these strong female characters I just want someone to ask them if they realize they're acting like cunts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yle_qeeOIMA
>>
how dare they shit on the dude in a boring fucking episode
>>
cant pass the first episode, is full pc propaganda and diversity, is the opposite of the comic so dropped
>>
>>70614068
Yes exactly, like in DRK Hathway broke Bruce's spine and gave his money away. And her line after they first meet is "you expect me to apologize?" in the Le "sexy romantic interest" evil dominatrix strong woman who's never apologetic bc she's always right and strong (ie cunt)

It's not seen as weird, they're together at the end and you're like wtf batman you faggot cuck go get a sweet young girl
>>
>>70614214
No...no that's a shite film.
>>
>>70611709
They change it to the ghost of ru paul.
>>
>>70614326
fucking top kek
>>
Just read the whole comic for the first time to understand better the first two episodes.

Why they changed so many things? its not like it was a complex or imposible to adapt, indeed the comic feels more realistic and than the show and the characters feels more lifeless on the show. The script is atrocious.

I mean, why bother?
>>
>>70614326
Even he'd be disgusted with what a pussy Jesse is.
>>
>>70614271
fuck you,

BY ORDER OF THE PEAKY BLINDERS
>>
>>70614384
Same boat as you. Did you like it? I loved it. Especially waynes ghost.
>>
>>70614384
Some probably for budget reasons (hard to take the crew to new locations or new sets every episode), the rest because of their own stupid artistic sensibilities and what they deemed was more modern, better for tv or appropriate or whatever
>>
File: reason.png (726 KB, 1012x600) Image search: [Google]
reason.png
726 KB, 1012x600
>>70614384
Because this offends the sensibilities of innocents.
>>
>>70614266
>Hathway broke Bruce's spine and gave his money away. And her line after they first meet is "you expect me to apologize?"

that shit could be tolerable if at least any character pointed it out. Even you there as an audience don't question it because it's the usual cliche (I never thought about it until now), you just presume feeling zero shit towards the romantic interest is normal - and that antagonistic cunty way and unpleasantness is the base line for women in media and in general.
>>
>>70608427
his a dumb innocent kid who becomes Cassidy's punching bag

then he dresses in all black leather to be some cool assassin and it's ridiculous

he then becomes a mega rock star (the joke being the world is dumb and would accept him and oasis is proof)
>>
>>70614888
>you will never see Michael Kane's Alfred recreate Drive's elevator scene on catwoman's face
>>
I don't think the edginess of the comics translates well to the TV.
If you haven't read the comics it's probably going to be a fun ride. If you have read them the acting and script is wank so there's no real reason to watch.
Jesse and Arseface are well done however.
>>
File: gamer4.jpg (19 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
gamer4.jpg
19 KB, 800x500
>>70614397
>Tfw ru Paul calls Custer a faggot
>>
>>70614483

When I start watching the episodes, I feel it was confused but I like it a bit, at least to be interested enough to read the whole series, but now Iove the comic and feel the show will not catch the greatness of the story.

The characters are too diferent, the story want to be somewhat of twin peaks of the south and the whole setting feels odd.

>>70614638
>probably for budget reasons (hard to take the crew to new locations or new sets every episode)

Maybe, but shows like X Files or Supernatural was able to do all the "travel" without going too far away from the main location.
>>
>>70606982
Who the hell keeps hiring Domic Cooper? Just stop.
>>
I'm genuinely enjoying this
It's like Banshee without the nudity and swearing with supernatural shit and vampires instead

I never read the comics though and this thread basically confirms that if you did, you'll hate it
>>
It's a shame this wasnt made in the early 2000s. McConaughey would be perfect for Jessie.

Nowadays it feels either tame or redundant fedacore/ hollywood-shits-on-christianity part 48392061.
>>
>>70617059
yeah i think it's not just budget, must be something else
>>
i think the girl that plays tulip is cute
>>
>>70619015
i dont judge teen boys liking black teen boys
>>
how are they gonna film quincannon's sex scene?
>>
>>70620013
Ill hazard a guess and say that they film it with the same camera they do every thing else. But don't quote me on that
>>
>>70620194
so they're gonna show full dick on meat penetration on basic cable?
>>
>>70610099
Not really, you're a pleb.
>>
>>70606982
>Seth Rogan
woah woah woah, they are remaking preacher into tv show? Arseface? Woah. I enjoyed reading the comic but it was fucked up. Too much gay stuff in it, too much preaching, it was stupid as hell, but somehow strange and enjoyable. just wow, never thought someone would go for it.
>>
I guess everyone hates it because it's a little pc, I quite like it.
>>
>>70607322

Yeah but dat fucking Ruth Negga! Fuck I been needing more of her since AoS
>>
>>70620529
nah, the hate comes not because it PC, but because they choose a good story and changed it to poor´s man version of the original comic.
>>
>>70620529
the pc shit is the least of it, that's just a tiny symptom of a overall humorlessness and lack of storytelling and tact
>>
>>70620469
>too much preaching
>comic is literally named "Preacher"
wew lad
>>
It just feels empty and dull.

None of the characters are likable.
No discernible story.
Standard Ennis over gore to make-up for the above.

Don't know why I expected comicshit to be good though.
>>
>>70620469
there was nothing gay in it except some characters who happened to be gay. If it was faithful to the comic it'd be accused of homophobia

and yeah it was preachy, it's basically "Bill Hicks as a texan stud kicking people's ass for good and petty reasons" but in a Tarantino/Ritchie road movie
>>
>>70621224
>>70621031
>>70621148
it's only been two episodes lads. most shows are awkward and forced in the first couple of episodes
>>
>>70621461
Capable dramas have a hook in 2 hours - i.e. two episodes.
>>
>>70621461
the thread goes through a lot of points on how many themes, atmosphere, humor, basic plots and characterization were broken from the start

this is like if black tranny Frodo was in a bdsm relationship with daddy Sauron in Fifty Shades of Mordor and everything took place only in the Shire
>>
>>70621224
>crazy psycho ex gf is likable
>main character is obviously holding back from his true self and eventually will turn badass and become likable
>vamp is very likable

It is starting a bit slow but has picked up nicely in the last episode. There is goign to be a big pick up in pace and shit that the show is obviously building up for.

I am glad it is going slow
>>
>>70621862
>crazy psycho ex gf is likable
>>
>>70621990
She is though, if you can look past the tough girl exterior you can tell she is desperate to be reunited with Preacher.
I guarantee you soon she is going to break down and tell Preacher she needs him and that will spark him into turning back into the badass he once was.

I dont understand why she gets so much hate for being an atypical strong womyn in the show when you have the exact opposite in the casserole piano bitch.

The show has a typical submissive useless female and a badass, it isnt pushing anything.

And give it half a season before you call the characters shallow please
>>
>>70607395
>There have been a handful of actually decent comic books in the entire history of the medium, and Preacher is one of them.
That's true if you're a nostalgic Fedora
The comic was awful
The show looks way better
>>
>>70611638
>Yeah Tulip at this point is some shitty Chuck Norris joke.
I the comic she was an ugly aryan bimbo in plain cloth who was just there to be Jessie's girl.
How is show Tulip worse than that?
>>
>>70614384
>indeed the comic feels more realistic
It was mostly religion bashing and gratuitous violence towards categories of the population the author is bitter towards.
>>
>>70606982
Tulip is the biggest maymay character ever. Jesse is nothing like his character in comix. Jews ruined another show desu.
>>
>>70622502
>ugly aryan bimbo
you're pathetic as fuck
>>
>>70609983
Nothing offends a Redditor more than belling called Reddit.
You can call him anything, any insult, but if you call him Reddit, he will shriek and throw a hissy fit. He's been found out and he hates it, he doesn't even understand how it happened, he tried to fit in but failed.
The Redditor is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a liberal, memer, SJW, faggot, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him Reddit and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
>>
>>70613381
Yeah, I have a big problem with that, Genesis just chose him at random in the comics, in this, they have to turn it into a le XD splatter joke instead of nuking the entire town in the very first episode sending him on his journey. Instead we've got a cooky True Blood type setup where it's a town where everyone has a story and blah. The problem is that it's actually directed with flair, the casting ( aside from tulip who is so obviously filling a diversity quota) is great with Robert Gilgan looking spot on as Cassidy, there's a consistent tone and feel throughout, it makes you wonder why they went to all this trouble only to throw the fucking comic out the window, I guess they didn't care if people wanted to see angels and demons and new york city and woodstock acid flashbacks as we go on a road trip we're our 3 main characters are the focus. I kinda hate Seth Rogen for this
>>
>>70610598
>when him and tulip are at the restaurant and are attacked and he says drop your guns and they don't.
>guess they don't speak american
>speak american
Love Jesse.
>>
>>70622319
there is nothing in her acting and writing other than fat beta numales writing to themselves "i take ballbustings and a woman's unpleasantness as a poor replacement of masculinity", ie "i can take it"

basically this >>70612927

>The show has a typical submissive useless female
jesus christ
>>
>>70622502
She was his motivation. Hence why he goes back to being submissive and catatonic for a while after Jody shoots her in the head.
>>
>>70623269
that is indeed fucking great. Not even an hamburguer. It's treated as "yeah it's small minded but admirable as fuck, better to be err on the side of proud than apologetic"
>>
>>70606982
I like it so far
>>
>SoK confirmed
>Jesse alluded to the L'Angelle family
>Bounty hunters confirmed to be angels or some other supernatural entities

Whining comicfags btfo
>>
>>70623534
that's like saying "he's a preacher and there's a vampire, btfo". Totally out of context.

it's the most low energy unfunny show. It's a mess, folks.
>>
>>70623534
>comicfags
its you. You're excited because a dramatic cue music alluded to Jody. You're the fag all excited because a comic book name was said on the tv
>>
Preacher was always edgy, but it was also pretty funny.
This show is neither
I dont want to talk about character, cuz it was mentioned millions of times. They should just make The.boy andeave this one out. Theres no.point in making preacher adaptaion if you dont stay faithfull to the source
>>
I finished the comic today actually and I can safely say it's a piece of shit and Ennis is a hack. You can't shoot god to death you fucking simpleton Jesus fucking Christ 66 fucking issues and they just shoot god what a crock
>>
>>70623899
Was it not clear that the running story became about the characters? Ennis pretty much goes "yeah yeah and God was killed blabla this story became about something else, now let's go back to the climax where it's Jessie dropping a single tear and Cassidy believing he deserves a 2nd chance to be a nice guy"?

It's jarring how the last issue starts. It's "who cares about the God shit plot, the heart of this became Jessie and Tulip"
>>
>>70624477
It was clear that I didn't give a shit anymore and realized how dated it was. Got really fucking tired of Vietnam and every southern person being an inbred swamp person. By the end Heer Starr was clearly best character.
>>
>>70624595
Yeah the southern stuff was clearly an irish writer influenced by coasr elites and Hollywood's concept of the South and fly over states. But it's kinda endearing in how it goes full hick at times, it's like the comic version of a white trash Lil Wayne
>>
File: Anemonas.jpg (6 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
Anemonas.jpg
6 KB, 213x237
I could care less about the original autistic manchildren edgy comicbook, but I'm liking this series quite a bit, it's really interesting, if a bit confusing at first, but every good tv show sorta starts like that. It's the best thing on AMC right now, and /tv/ is hating on it for the sake of hating on it.
>>
>>70624784
it's really weird and awful how the only remaining southern identity and white trash in pop culture now is jugallos and "black" music (to a foreigner like me at least)

there's no cowboy/ country shit, bluegrass was never exported etc. All the music used in the show is at least 30-40 years old. It's quite telling.

I think that's something in what people are saying how the show lacks an identity or atmosphere or a charm of its own.
>>
>>70625211
well it's a really simple story, almost retarded. Childlike even - it's a fucking comic book.

The fact you're confused and still going says a lot about how your media abuses you and it says a lot about you and how you take that for granted
>>
>>70625211
>autistic manchildren
>enjoying a poor man version of the same story
>best show on AMC

kek
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.