[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Civil War makes less money than Iron Man 3 Why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Civil War.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1432) Image search: [Google]
Civil War.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1432
>Civil War makes less money than Iron Man 3

Why.
>>
>>70605608
It just makes no sense at all

What is wrong with you world
>>
>>70605608

More like who cares?
>>
people are sick of seeing capeshit
>>
>>70605608
Captain America is a poison brand. Feige said it himself it's hard to marketing, why do you think they got all the Avengers in the third movie?
>>
>>70605782
While I have liked all the Marvel movies recently, I'm hoping this is the case. There's only so much saturation a market can take.
>>
>>70605608
How do you even know? It's still in theatres and still has DVD/blu Ray/digital sales.
>>
File: Marvtard.jpg (68 KB, 1528x502) Image search: [Google]
Marvtard.jpg
68 KB, 1528x502
>>70605608

MARVTARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>70605608

because Robert Downs Junior is far more popular that Laughing Hyena Man.
>>
>>70605608

It should finish about the same domestically, a little bit less internationally.
>>
>>70605809
Its a shame since winter soldier is the only thing outside of the iron man movies that felt like a movie and nit just a placeholder for the product line.
>>
capeshit movies are becoming like buses, if you miss this one then dont worry they'll be a new one next week.

greedy studios have fucked their own shit up
>>
>>70605809
This, crossing a billion is still an impressive achievement
>>
And you people wonder why they try shove Robert Downey Jr in every marvel flick
>>
Iron Man 3 came right off the heels of the Avengers when Capeshit mania was at its all time high

Also Civil War is still gonna end up with 1.2 billion, I think Marvel is very satisfied with its performance
>>
>>70605944
Yeah I agree with this, it felt like it wasn't attached or a prequel to any other avengers movie. It was a stand alone movie same as Captain America first avenger. BvS was supposed to be really The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 standalone movie focusing on Batman and then Superman. If botb studios follow the material we woukdnt have these shit movies
>>
because its not Iron Man
>>
>>70605608
It's going to finish very closely by the time CW finishes it cinematic run, Iron Man 3 probably still finishes marginally ahead. Disparity seems to be in the worldwide so maybe China and 3rd world countries aren't as interested in movies with America in the title.

Regardless it's going to make over four times its budget and finish as the 11th highest grossing film before inflation which is massive.
>>
pretty sure Iron Man 4 with no other Avenger would also gross over 1b
>>
>>70605809
Maybe because after Age of Ultron he lives with them and its literally unavoidable
>>
>>70605608

No China in Civil War
>>
Winter Soldier made a lot less. Both made less than IM because CA's adventures are boring and Chris is a fag.
>>
>>70605782
>people are sick of seeing capeshit

Let's see, $1.133 billion, at the movie theater I work at the ticket price is $12.60 for an adult...

About 89,920,635 people are not yet sick of capeshit.
>>
>>70605608
We've reached peak marvel. It's unlikely they will ever get any bigger (unless infinity war is amazing).

Same thing happened to twilight. The last 3 movies made the same amount of money.
>>
>>70606211
That's actually... not much. Box office should count only tickets sold. That would give us a better perspective of success.
>>
>>70606240
Twilight came and went in 4 years
>>
>>70605608
Iron man 3 camed after Avengers. People expected to be as good if not better than the Avengers. Civil war camed afer Age of Ultron wich was pretty meh.
Also RDJ is more popular than Evans. Or Captain America for that matter.
>>
File: baylogo.jpg (11 KB, 450x269) Image search: [Google]
baylogo.jpg
11 KB, 450x269
>>70605608

>here is your answer:

TCrip came out earlier on torrents.
>>
>>70606286
>That's actually... not much.

It's greater than the population of most countries. It is slightly less than 1/3rd of the population of America. Also my theater has pretty high ticket prices as these things go. In 2015 the average movie ticket price was $8.70. Assuming there wasn't a massive jump between then and when Civil War came out, that would then bump the number up to about 130,229,885 people, or a little under half the population of America, or 13 million less than the population of Russia (143 million).

At $8.70/ticket, this would mean that, for example, Mad Max: Fury Road had 43,494,253 people see it, or roughly the population of Spain.
>>
>>70605782
More like too many movies.
>>
the problem is Captain America in the movies, he's a shit character

the typical Lawful Good character that has never done nothing wrong and does things just because it's right to do so

he got his powers from a bottle, never did any effort other than be a good guy

what is his inner problems? him wanting to save his murder friend even though he knows he is brainwashed to kill people and his strive to save 1 friend costs the life of hundreds

On the other hand we have a character like Tony Stark

A millionaire arms dealer who gets bitten back by his own weapons and realizes how much destruction he aids, so he stops making them and he becomes Iron Man, risking his own life to stop not the evil guys that live in the world, but the bad guys that happen as consequence of his past actions

He has a drinking problem, paranoia problems after the avengers, and a the feeling he needs to give back to the world after all the destruction they caused in the avengers, winter soldier, avengers 2, while captain america ignores people they've harmed and keeps fighting for "justice"

this also causes him problems in his relationship as he must dedicate his life to protect the earth from possible threats like ultron (which was part his fault, but mostly the inifnity gem) supernatural people like the twins, villains from thor. and why? because he's the only one that can do it, Not captain america, he can't do shit against someone like Ultron or Thanos. Hulk and Thor aren't reliable, he's the one that must take charge and defend the earth

that is why Iron man will make so much more at box office that captain america
>>
>they don't release their movies in america at the same exact time as other countries

>release it in china where telecines come out within days

studios are retarded as fuck

release worldwide except china for first weekend

release in china 2 weeks after the release
>>
>>70606432
It's probably more accurate to do domestic numbers/ticket price than worldwide numbers. Specially since ticket prices would vary based on the country. In Australia we pay about 20 for an adult ticket.

So at a domestic box office of $390m, taking a ticket price average of >>70606211's $12.60 and your $8.70, gives us $10.65 a ticket. So over 36m tickets sold in the US
>>
>>70605608

Because Captain America is literally nobody's favorite. If they'd named the movie Avengers: Civil War, it would perform better.
>>
>>70605608
its a bad movie
they wasted too much time on collateral damage
like i give a shit about destroyed buildings and muh dead people
besides it had such a shitty villain
>>
>>70606539

So over 10% of the entire population paid to watch capeshit, wtf is wrong with that country?
>>
>>70606211
>ignoring how many people double dip into a movie

Tickets sold is a more accurate indicator of success than how many people may have watched it.
>>
>>70605782
Me. I love classic Marvel comics. Just bought the new Howard the Duck and Iron Fist classic collection TPBs. I'm fucking done with these movies. They feel like McDonalds meals at this point.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.