[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Keit Ai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14
File: keit ai.jpg (198 KB, 681x1000) Image search: [Google]
keit ai.jpg
198 KB, 681x1000
What does /tv/ think of Keit Ai?
>>
I think you should go to /a/ and never come back
>>
>>70605288
/v/**
>>
almost as good as cory in the house
>>
The trailer reminded me of a very similarly styled film I'd watched and sure enough I found out it was by the same director. The visuals appear haunting, just like The Garden of Words but I suspect the plot would be just as shallow. The atmosphere was top notch but I can't watch anime just for animation quality sake. A movie should do more than just look pretty and pull heartstrings just for pulling heartstrings. Isn't there a word for that? When, for example, you have a dog randomly killed just to spite the audience or a sequence of misery just for "look how terrible we are", as in the Grave of Fireflies?
>>
I think it's anime so it's sucks
>>
It was memed so much yet those jap fucking shits can't take a hint. Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>70605252
From Makoto style-over-substance Shinkai.
>>
>>70605252
Pretty poor meme. Go back to /a/
>>
>>70605477
I think anything that is live action has to suck.
>>
FINDS
>>
>>70606002
lol wtf
why don't you stay on /v/ if /a/ upsets you so much then? i mean you could go to /m/ but they don't usually put up with /v/ casuals
>>
worst radiohead album by far
>>
>>70606189
What are you talking about?
>>
>>70606189

>it's the autist who complains about /v/ in every thread episode

seek help
>>
>>70606241
>I think anything that is live action has to suck.
>>
>>70606348
Yes, that's what I said. How is your response related to it?
>>
>>70605453
emotionally manipulative?
anime is king of that

Makoto Shinkai is garbage
I'll let you know if I ever see a good romance anime
>>
>>70606371
why are you always browsing this board and replying to every post then?
>>
it honestly would be great and desu i might rip it off and make millions, screenshot this
>>
>>70606414
What are you talking about now?
>>
>>70606438
tits or gtfo
>>
>>70606438
>I think anything that is live action has to suck.
why are you browsing this board then? it is 99.9% live action save for forced meme threads like this
>>
>>70606469
?
>>
>>70606472
Did you look at what post I replied to?
>>
File: 1464624940749.gif (2 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1464624940749.gif
2 MB, 420x300
Epic meme my lad
>>
>>70606475
back to >>>/reddit/

pleb.
>>
>>70606523
What does Reddit have to do with this? How am I a pleb?
>>
>>70606493
yes
thats why hes here and not on /a/, /co/, /v/ and whatever other board
>>
>>70606535
Do you understand the meaning of my reply? Because it doesn't seem like you do.
>>
>all these newfags
>>
>>70606555
are you trying to meme yourself out of this one?
>>
>>70606587
What am I supposedly trying to meme myself out of? How am I "memeing"?
>>
>>70606531
just kill yourself and reduce the burden on earth.

pleb
>>
>>70606620
Why should I kill myself? How am I a pleb?
>>
File: 1462575819584.jpg (138 KB, 908x540) Image search: [Google]
1462575819584.jpg
138 KB, 908x540
Why do you people watch cartoons made for children ?
Serious question
>>
>>70606602
>Do you understand the meaning of my reply? Because it doesn't seem like you do.
??
you're memeing you are out of this mate
>>
>>70606638
if i have to tell you, then there is no point.

your plebiness is overflowing, you pleb.
>>
>>70606680
Anime and cartoons are two different things, and most anime today is not made for children.

Also, Keit-ai is not a real anime. It doesn't exist.

>>70606698
How am I memeing?

>>70606704
Why should I kill myself? How am I a pleb?
>>
>>70606727
>not made for children
Literally every anime have some little girl
>>
>>70606727
>another anime thread
>this autist again
lol
>>
>>70606727
>How am I memeing?
see
>>70606472
>>70606414
i mean you just did it again and revealed yourself
>>
>>70606727

>keit-ai anime doesn't exist.

and you were asking me to tell you how you are a pleb?

Listen this:

KEIT-AI FINDS A WAY
>>
>>70606751
Most female anime characters are in middle or high school, not "little girls," and there is no 1:1 relationship between the characters and target audience. Prince of Stride for example has mostly male characters, but the target audience is women. K-On has virtually no male characters but the target audience is men.

>>70606770
How am I autistic? And why are you acting like we're on Reddit?

>>70606802
How do those posts show that I'm memeing?
>>
>>70606620
>>70606698

Not even the guy you're arguing with but you're the one who needs to kill urself m8

he said he thinks all live action movies suck because you said 'I think it's anime so it's sucks".

he's just pointing out how dumb it is (how dumb YOU are) for just writing off an entire medium.

Did you not pick up on this? Probably not, you seem pretty dumb.

Also you're the one that came in this thread shitposting, i.e. being cancer. The other guy is being pretty level headed and you're just throwing shit around like >BAK 2 REDDIT PLEB

you're part of the problem
>>
File: 1464786746270.png (16 KB, 932x1042) Image search: [Google]
1464786746270.png
16 KB, 932x1042
>>70606727
>Anime and cartoons are two different things
>>
>>70606969
>he's just pointing out how dumb it is (how dumb YOU are) for just writing off an entire medium.
It's not that dumb if the majority of this medium is worthless.
>>
>>70606969

now you are roleplaying as an other guy.
and i never said "I think it's anime so it's sucks".

this is how i know you are a pleb.

go back, plebian
>>
>>70607028
When you say they are the same thing, you are saying these are the same thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGhAV-84iI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY

>>70607043
Then so is the majority of live action.

>>70607060
>now you are roleplaying as an other guy.
Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you is part of a vast samefag conspiracy to oppress you.
>>
>>70607043
why are you in this thread then shitposter?

go to a different website
this website was based off of japanese culture
the whole website is based on Futaba imageboard software. Why are you so dumb?
>>
>>70607086
Yes, but anime is a smaller medium. Even if 99% of all films are terrible I still have thousands of good films to watch.
>>
why haven't the mods purged this thread yet
>>
File: Untitled.png (113 KB, 564x703) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
113 KB, 564x703
>>70607060
nope sorry
>>
>>70607141
So you admit that nearly all live action is bad. Really, there's no reason to even both with it then.
>>
>>70606002
That's because you're a pleb
>>
>>70607086
>Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you is part of a vast samefag conspiracy to oppress you.

same, back to you.
i never said that about anime.

you newfaginess is off the charts
>>
>>70607141
there are lots of good anime films to watch
you just haven't seen them
>>
>>70607215
Did you look at what post I was replying to?

>>70607221
I never said you said that about anime.
>>
>>70607226
>lots
How many? 10? 20? Because there is more good films released in one year.
>>
>>70607086
I can imagine a 14 year old thoroughly enjoying that anime scene.
>>
>>70607221
I've been wasting my life on these boards since 2005 and I have to say it's quite the opposite.

You're complaining about anime on an imageboard founded on japanese culture and anime, in a thread about anime no less!

Who seems new here? Really though?
>>
File: 1364995490931.png (128 KB, 345x294) Image search: [Google]
1364995490931.png
128 KB, 345x294
>that subhuman news hit that replies to everyone is still here

Just stay in your game if thrones threads kid.
>>
>>70607258
Miyazakis filmography . That's pretty much it
>>
>>70607264
If it was live action you wouldn't be saying that, but because it's animated you immediately assume it has to be for teenagers only. Which is complete nonsense.
>>
>>70607285
>The anime image board argument
Are you saying the purpose of /tv/ is to discuss anime?
>>70607315
If it was live action it would be the equivalent of capeshit, in which case I could imagine a 14 year old thoroughly enjoying it.
>>
>>70607295
>Miyzaki's are the only anime movies I've seen
Fixed.
>>
>>70607086
>When you say they are the same thing, you are saying these are the same thing
anime is literally just a jap bastardized way of saying animation anon
>>
>>70607364
Yes, because they're the only ones worth watching. Him and maybe Satoshi Kon
>>
>>70607362
Capeshit means superhero movies. That's all it means. Sword of the Stranger has nothing to do with superheroes. It has to do with martial arts and samurai movies.

>>70607386
How does that means cartoons and anime are the same thing?
>>
>>70606727
>anime and cartoons are different things
Oh boy. Yeah sure bub, the stuff fleisher did(superman) is different to the work of dezaki(ashita no joe)
An adaptation from a popular comic, draw by hand, colored and finally animated by making 24 images for one second.
>>
>>70607285
Right

Then why was /tv/ made in 07 if /a/ was already around? The site and /a/ werent that fast so it had no real purpose

Why has the amount of cartoon threads on this board increased with the amount of new users? It wasnt like this 4 years ago

Since you been here since 2005 you should be able to give me a detailed answer
>>
>>70607412
Sword of the Stranger is a silly action flick. Capeshits are silly action flicks. Both appeal to kids and teenagers. Both are devoid of substance.
>>
>>70607362
No, but I'm saying the website in whole is the wrong environment for you if you're so against anime. Every board has a strong anime fanbase, especially considering most users don't go to specifically one board.
>>
>>70607412
Anime is a subcategory of cartoons.
>>
>>70607463
>Every board has a strong anime fanbase
Why should I give a flying fuck if I'm browsing a board that has literally nothing to do with anime?
>>
>>70605252
WTF did they seriously make a movie out of that meme from a while back???
>>
>>70607398
How do you know that if they're the only ones you've ever seen?

>>70607426
Anime has a completely different approach to animation and filmmaking than cartoons. As an industry, business and culture it's completely different.

>>70607447
Again, Sword of the Stranger has nothing to do with superhero movies. You are trying to force a connection so you can condemn Stranger by association. Capeshit is bad, Stranger is associated with capeshit, therefore Stranger is bad. But of course there is no association.

And at the root of this is the misconception that animation HAS TO BE for kids only, which is false. It's based on an American understanding of animation.

>>70607481
Anime and cartoons are subcategories of animation.
>>
File: 1462904588523.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462904588523.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>70607463
Oh for fucksake.
Mecha is anime and still has his own board. There was a reason moot did different boards
>>
>>70605252
hated '5 centimeters per second'. will I enjoy this? because I get that feeling it will be just like '5 centimeters per second'.
>>
>>70607412
>How does that means cartoons and anime are the same thing?
cartoons is a word for animation, anime is jap animation, hence anime is just a type of cartoons
>>
>>70607536
No.

>>70607553
Keit-ai does not exist.

>>70607556
Cartoon is a type of animation. It's not synonymous with animation. Anime is also a type of animation. They are both subsets of animation.
>>
>>70607541
>How do you know that if they're the only ones you've ever seen?
Because I've seen others and they're all retarded.
>Stranger is associated with capeshit, therefore Stranger is bad
No you misunderstand. That movie is similar to capeshit because it's a bad action movie that appeals to children.
>And at the root of this is the misconception that animation HAS TO BE for kids only
Almost all of it is for kids, or teenagers who think they're mature
>>
>>70607581
So yer just a legit autist defending anime on a thread about an non-existent anime???
>>
>>70607581
Cartoon is pretty much another word for animation
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1080
Anime movies kind of suck. i prefer the live action versions of them
>>
>>70607651
But you just said you haven't seen anything else.

>No you misunderstand. That movie is similar to capeshit because it's a bad action movie that appeals to children.
You are, again, just trying to force an association so you can attack Stranger as being guilty by association. That's your whole strategy here. Instead of attacking Stranger itself (which you are unable to do since you haven't seen it and don't know anything about it), you associate it with something that's already considered bad on /tv/.

>Almost all of it is for kids, or teenagers who think they're mature
American animation does not have ownership over all animation. Just because Americans do animation a certain way doesn't mean the Japanese must do it in the same way, and they in fact do not.

>>70607677
How am I autistic? How is the fact that Keit-ai doesn't exit relevant to what we're talking about?

>>70607681
Cartoons are a subset of animation.
>>
>>70607581
Animation is a technique, cartoon is a category of art using the technique of animation
>a film using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.
Anime is a type of cartoon
>>
>>70607779
Also, trying to associate something with teenagers is another instance of trying to attack something through guilt by association.

>>70607800
Anime is a type of animation. Cartoons are another type of animation. They are subsets of animation. Neither is synonymous with animation.
>>
>>70607439
To discuss Television and Film.
/a/ is a hellhole, and if you want to casually discuss an anime film or series it's pretty much not going to happen. I know why someone would want to talk about it outside of /a/. Have you been on /a/? Also /tv/ isn't specifically just for live action.

>>70607439
Just because posts about cartoons are becoming more prevalent doesn't mean anime posts are becoming less prevalent. You aren't incorrect, but the board is still steeped in Japanese culture and full of weebs.

Sorry for being an ass, I agree most anime (like 99%) is pretty terrible. I just think it's dumb to complain about it on this particular website, since it's a place where you're p much surrounded by people who like it. Espeically in threads about anime you don't even have to post in. Just report in hide if you feel like it's not appropriate for /tv/

yes technically all anime threads should belong on /a/ but /a/ is the most xenophobic board on the website, and they make it extremely difficult for people who aren't regulars on that board to post.

I guess that's a good and bad thing, but for someone like me who doesn't keep up with the seasons and doesn't get on /a/ very often, when I see an anime I do like, want to know someone's thoughts on one or just want some recommendations (I'd use a different website for that anyway, or /r/) it's way easier to deal with /tv/ than it is whit /a/.

Also a good deal of people on this board enjoy anime, or at least some of it, so I understand why /tv/ gets anime threads
>>
>>70607779
>How is the fact that Keit-ai doesn't exit relevant
cause then this thread has no point and I'm bummed out by not having a Keit-Ai anime because I love the idea, it's sweet as hell.

I wanted to make a live action short of it for my film class, but my bro said no 'cause it was too "faggy." ;_;
>>
>>70607779
>You are, again, just trying to force an association so you can attack Stranger as being guilty by association.
Way to misunderstand again. I compare it to capeshit because it's as bad as capeshit. I don't say it's bad because I associate it with capeshit. Are you incapable of understanding a simply comparison? I've seen the movie btw. It's nicely animated but the story is simple and lacks any substance. It's a vehicle to display flashy action scenes.
>Just because Americans do animation a certain way doesn't mean the Japanese must do it in the same way, and they in fact do not.
They do though. You've just been convinced they don't because they have blood and gore
>>
>>70607831
And again, trying to associate anime with cartoons is YET ANOTHER instance of guilty by association. Funny how often this technique is utilized to attack anime. I guess it's a lot easier than trying to attack anime directly.

>>70607853
>Sorry for being an ass, I agree most anime (like 99%) is pretty terrible.
Meme.
>>
>>70607831
Cartoon:
>a film using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.
Anime falls into this description
>>
>>70607905
You are constantly trying to associate it with capeshit for the reasons I already stated. I know exactly what you're trying to do.

>They do though.
They don't. Anime couldn't be more different from American animation.

>You've just been convinced they don't because they have blood and gore
I never said anything about blood and gore.
>>
>>70607914
>most _____ (like 99%) is pretty terrible.
you can apply that cynical metric to everything, it's irrelevant
>>
>>70607914
Show me some arguments as to why anime is substantive in any way. Hard mode: No Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon
>>
>>70607541
>Anime has a completely different approach to animation and filmmaking than cartoons.
Whoa you are not only a weeb but a retarded weeb.
Animation in japan even before it there was an industry was clearly influenced by the work of Avery, Fleischer and Disney (the propaganda short filns are prove of this with antropomorphic animals and designs clearly similars to the already mentioned creators).
After the world the people like Tezuka, Dezaki and Toei itself took inspiration from western animation, Tezuka is a clearly example I don't even have to explain but for Toei they took the model of the giant of animation Disney hy taking popular novels and making their own adaptation (being puss in boots their symbol and example of this) and Dezaki with adapting popular japanese comics(just like Fleisher)also know as mangas and using animation techniques similar to the western style (see aim for the ace and ANJ). The predominant style of the 60s in anime was a mix of Disney characters and characters like Betty boop. We don't even have to go that far the style of Oshii is based on the Hollywood style and Satoshi Kon from directors of europe and america (perfect blue a clearly example of his influence from movies like all about eve). Even today studios like Gainax are still under the influence of western industry (example PSG). Check /a/, you pleb
>>
>>70607932
That definition is incorrect, or rather it's lying through omission. Yes, a cartoon is a "a film using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects," but that's not ALL it is. It would be like defining a car as wheels attached to an engine, conviniently ignoring that that description also applies to trucks, tractors, forklifts, ATVs and motorcycles.

>>70607959
"Substantive" means anything you want it to mean.
>>
American toons are better
>>
>>70608020
>but that's not ALL it is
That's exactly what a cartoon is. It's a broad definition that encompasses every type of cartoon, including anime.
>"Substantive" means anything you want it to mean.
No it doesn't. What a fucking cop-out answer
>>
>>70608008
>Animation in japan even before it there was an industry was clearly influenced by the work of...
Well over half a century ago.

>After the world the people like Tezuka, Dezaki and Toei itself took inspiration from western animation
Again over half a century ago.

I see this all the time. People think anime/Japanese animation is just frozen in time and nothing has changed since the 40s, 50s or 60s, and the fact that Tezuka was inspired by American cartoon characters somehow means that K-On looks like it could have been made by golden age Disney.

But no, anime is not frozen in time. There have been tremendous changes since Astro Boy.

>Even today studios like Gainax are still under the influence of western industry (example PSG)
Wow, talk about cherry-picking.
>>
>>70608020
So present some arguments as to why anime fits into your idea of "substantive"
>>
>>70608085
They are inferior to anime by almost every single metric.

>>70608111
As I just explained: it's not ALL a cartoon is. It's misleading, just like it's misleading to define a car as wheels attached to an engine. It's a lie by omission.

>>70608153
I never used that word, you did.
>>
It's never been funny and people on /a/ should stop forcing it. Including the HURR DURR REMINDER THAT THIS IS ALREADY A THING
>>
>>70608175
>almost every single metric.
Except.... you know, they are ACTUALLY animated.
>>
>>70608236
So is anime. Your point?
>>
>>70608175
>As I just explained: it's not ALL a cartoon is.
Yeah, words can have multiple meanings. According to the meaning I've quoted above, anime is a cartoon. I don't know why you're so vehemently opposed to that fact. You seem awfully insecure about it.
>just like it's misleading to define a car as wheels attached to an engine.
This would be a fair comparison if that were the actual definition of a car, but it's not.
>>
>>70608235
>implying /a/ even knows or cares about /tv/
This is all on you /tv/, the same capeshit manchildren watch this garbage.

/a/ is super autistic and cringe at any attempt to evangelize or defend animu to normie filth.
>>
>>70608175
>I never used that word, you did.
Another cop-out answer. Ok then, explain to me why you consider anime as superior or on the same level as film.
>>
>>70608284
Again: if you define a car as wheels attached to an engine, it means that a truck or a motorcycle is now also a car, by definition. Except that trucks and motorcycles are not actually the same thing as a car. It's not wrong to say that a car has wheels attached to an engine, but it is wrong to say that that's all that defines a car.

How do you not understand this?

>I don't know why you're so vehemently opposed to that fact. You seem awfully insecure about it.
And why would I be insecure about it? Are you perhaps implying that cartoons are something to be ashamed of? In other words, you're implying that cartoons and animation are not synonymous after all. Thanks for agreeing with me.

>This would be a fair comparison if that were the actual definition of a car, but it's not.
It's irrelevant that that's not the actual definition of a car.

>>70608337
There was no cop-out. I don't need to start explaining why I think anime is "substantive" just because you happened to bring up the word for whatever reason. The world does not revolve around you.
>>
>>70608123
>clearly ignoring my example with oshii and Kon
Talking about cherrypicking
Hell you still want to go fine by me.
Going back to gainax, FLCL also has influence from the western going as far with having a south park reference. Anno clearly talking about Avery influence on him and the use CG in the 90s from the west had an impact on Japan by making them start working with it(Initial d, ghost in the shell).
Of course there have been changes hell if you weren't so stuborn you know Oshii and Dezaki are from the 70s and 80s with kon and Oshii still working in the 90s and 2000 and forward. Even Miyazaki had a lot of inspiration from side including western and eastern influence (tale of the white serpent). Even
Kazuo Yamazaki is also a clearly example of this. The influence of the western animation and filmaking is all over japanese cartoons.
Ange Egg is one of many example with Amano and Oshii
>>
File: BibleBlack_mook_000_01.jpg (2 MB, 1249x1754) Image search: [Google]
BibleBlack_mook_000_01.jpg
2 MB, 1249x1754
Post greatest animes ever in yer personal opinion.
Legit 10/10 animekino only.
>>
>>70606397
Does Millennium Actress count as romance?
>>
>>70608401
>if you define a car as wheels attached to an engine
That's not the definition of a car. Stop acting like it is. It's objectively wrong.
>you're implying that cartoons and animation are not synonymous after all.
see>>70607800
>It's irrelevant that that's not the actual definition of a car.
It's completely relevant because you're comparing it to the ACTUAL definition of a cartoon.
>There was no cop-out. I don't need to start explaining why I think anime is "substantive" just because you happened to bring up the word for whatever reason. The world does not revolve around you.
You keep telling me that anime isn't 99% trash for children, but you haven't given any argument as to why that is. I'm asking you to provide an actual argument. Stop avoiding the question.
>>
>>70608518
>tfw there will never be anything nearly as good as BB
>>
>>70608440
I ignored it because it has nothing to do with American animation, and because film directors around the world have been influenced by each other. American cinema was influenced by European cinema and vice versa. Star Wars was inspired by Kurosawa. Anime film directors are inspired by Ozu. And so on.

>Going back to gainax, FLCL also has influence from the western going as far with having a south park reference.
I never said that anime has no references to American animation or that there are no anime directors today who haven't been influenced by American animation. Or that anime has never been influenced by American animation.

You are taking minor things like references and a few directors being inspired by American animation to some degree to argue that there is no difference between American animation and anime, which is just pure lunacy. They have evolved to become very, very different from each other.

>>70608597
I never said it's the definition of a car. I was using it as an example to illustrate how your definition is incomplete and misleading.

>see>>70607800
No, you just clearly implied that they aren't the same thing. Too late to backpedal now.

>It's completely relevant because you're comparing it to the ACTUAL definition of a cartoon.
It's the wrong definition.

>You keep telling me that anime isn't 99% trash for children, but you haven't given any argument as to why that is.
Then where's your argument proving that it's 99% trash for children?
>>
>>70608578
does one person's delusional obsession count?
>>
>>70608674
high budget hentai is dead and gone forever ;_;
>>
>>70608518
Bible kino is just one of those shows where the things you want to happen just never happen. And the things you don't care about happen all the time.
>>
>>70608734
>the things you want to happen
such as??
>>
File: Aidan-Ai.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Aidan-Ai.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>>70605252
A CIA agent falls in love with Bane.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the big guy's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he engages in banter with the masked terrorist and asks what happens if he takes off his mask, he says it would be very painful. The CIA agent says he's a big guy, then the big guy answers, "FOR YOU."

Confused by these turn of events, the CIA agent investigates and finds out that the man he called is not the same man he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the big guy's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of BANE.
>>
>>70607294
Who are you quoting retard?
>>
File: 1416877825633.jpg (32 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1416877825633.jpg
32 KB, 509x619
>>70608785
>2012 was 34 years ago
>>
File: 1463279043311.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1463279043311.png
9 KB, 401x367
>>70608785
ok, I keked a little.
>>
>>70608689
> minor things and a few directors
You are under mental gimanstics if ypu actually believe this. Sure they have evolved different but not for that it makes the a completely different thing
Dude the process of animation is still clearly based on the old model and even with digital painting, CG.
You want the line to get more blurred fine
Animaniacs, Batman and Tiny Toons are cartoons but here's the thing. A lot of them were animated by japanese studios hell Tiny Toons was made by TMS but clearly that's a cartoon and not an anime even when they had the same process has any other anime. Even with Big O later produced by cartoon networks.
Even avatar when they hired studio deen to anime episodes
But like I said you are under this mental gimnastics to believe they are two different things
>>
>>70609187
animated*
>>
>>70608770
certain characters don't get hardcore scenes, just softcore scenes, or raped by T-girls and tentacles.

Basically, too many scenes with T-girls.
>>
>>70609187
To continue this
tekkonkinkreet was made by a japense studio with japanese people but directed by Michael Arias.
What makes an anime, anime?
It is the director? Because tekkonkinkreet clearly is anime with a western director, it is the production because Big O has american production and Batman has american production but was made in Japan
Tell me
Or are both just cartoons or both anime
>>
>>70609187
>Animaniacs, Batman and Tiny Toons are cartoons but here's the thing. A lot of them were animated by japanese studios
Which doesn't mean what you think it does. It just means that a Japanese studio was contracted to animate something by Americans.

>Even with Big O later produced by cartoon networks.
The show ended prematurely because there wasn't enough interest in Japan, but there was enough interest in America to justify producing the remaining episodes. The Cartoon Network was not involved in making those episodes.

Anime's entire approach to animation is very different from American animation (the Japanese believe that animation can be used for anything and can be for any audience, and should generally be made according to cinematic principles--Americans do not believe this). The animation and production techniques are very different. The character designs are different. The backgrounds are different. The cinematography, editing and camera work are different. The music is different. The voice acting is different. The story conventions, genres, character archetypes and visual language are different. Then there's the fact that anime is just one cog in a larger machine, which comprises anime, manga, light novels, visual novels, video games and music, and other things.
>>
>>70609515
If Arias had tried making the same movie in America, it would have turned out completely different.
>>
File: 1413406665461.png (17 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1413406665461.png
17 KB, 500x250
TELL ME ABOUT THE BOY
WHY DOES HE CALL THE PHONE?
A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A GIRL FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.