[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Movie is about not judging people by their looks and beauty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
>Movie is about not judging people by their looks and beauty comes from being a good person
>Esmerelda teaches him about this
>Eww no too ugly gonna marry Phoebus instead

The movie essentially defeated its own message.
>>
Thank god, teaches ugly kids that they will never find true love
Puts them in their place
>>
>>70602502
The movie was realistic, you shouldn't think someone's a literal monster just because they're ugly and throw shit at them, but it doesn't try and give ugly kids the kind of hope that all they need is to be a good person in order to find someone. The message was good and in execution it didn't try to spew some unrealistic garbage to get any abomination's hopes up.
>>
>>70602502
And every woman I've had the displeasure to meet who was taking a woman's "studies" talked about how women in Disney filsm are only deemed valuable if they are beautiful.

Honestly though I think this movies presents a dangerous message to children regarding gyppos
>>
You shouldn't throw shit at uglys but you also shouldn't look past the ugliness.

Very reasonable message.
>>
eww I hate ugly ppl
>>
>>70604739
maybe the women should look at the male protagonists.
>>
>>70602502
The message is sound. Don't let your physical appearance inhibit how you live your life but know that you are at a disadvantage and the fact that you aren't maimed in the street is a courtesy of merciful normies.

Kids need to know the truth.
>>
File: 1347985609655.jpg (26 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1347985609655.jpg
26 KB, 500x476
>>70604980
>that you aren't maimed in the street is a courtesy of merciful normies.
did that happen to you Anon?
>>
>>70602502

It's Jew-era Disney, what do you expect?
>>
>>70602502
You aren't supposed to beat up retards but that doesn't mean you have to fuck them.
>>
WTF I HATE UGLY PEOPLE NOW
>>
Same with The Lion King:

>"Oh shit - I got my Father killed"
>Runs away for several years
>Comes back
>"Simba you must face your problems yourself in stead of running from them"
>"JK it was some other guy, not you."
>>
>>70605015
DELETE THIS
>>
>>70602502
The message was that ugly people can still be kind people and you shouldn't throw shit at them, but women will still prefer good looking chads over ugly people.

So in essence, it was realistic. Better than a movie that falsely tells kids that if they are good people women will look past their ugliness and love them.
>>
>>70602502
The message is that latina women are complete sluts
>>
what if the gender's were reversed
>>
>a gipsy and a deformed guy
nazi wet dream
>>
>>70606905
>Better than a movie that falsely tells kids that if they are good people women will look past their ugliness and love them.
I agree. This movie is better than Shrek.
>>
>>70607267
No, Shrek tells ugly guys to shack up with ugly women and play on their insecurities.
>>
>>70602502
>implying he would give a shit about her if she was an uggo like him
>>
>>70607267
But Shrek showed that manlets will get BTFO at every chance
>>
>>70607379

doesn't the girl go from a beauty to an ugly ogre because of Shrek? so the lesson is that dating beneath you makes you drop your standards and become a fat ogre just like them.
>>
>>70602502
>go back home during uni break
>watch this movie for the first time with my mother
>while eating dinner afterwards she asks me "anon, do you talk to any girls at university?"
>tell her the obvious truth
>hear her trying to stifle her sobbing just before I go to bed

It's an abstract kind of feel. It's surprising that it took her watching The Hunchback to make the comparison between Quasimodo and me.
>>
>>70602502
>gypsies are all thieves and scum in general
>Frolo wants them removed
>they find the Court of Miracles, and are almost immediately executed, and literally all the gypsies are actually lowlife criminals.
>Frolo did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>70607647
I don't see why parents are upset with this. As long as you're doing good at college and can land a good job they should be happy because that's the priority
>>
>>70607815
they want grandchildren
>>
>>70605485
Even worse when you consider know one would have given a shit about Simba if Scar wasn't such a shitty king.
Screw circle of life. We just want someone better than Bush.
>>
>>70602502
Read the book.
>>
>>70608063
Quasimodo got the girl corpse
>>
>>70607815
>>70607864

Your mother is an impatient and melodramatic cunt who cares more about her unborn grandchildren than the people who actually exist and are in her life.
>>
>>70607995

This. However I think there's the implication that anyone who would violently usurp a great king would not be a great King their self.
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>70608350
>I should have an abortion. /pol/ was wrong
>>
>>70602502

at least it was real.

Thats exactly what would have happened.

Poor quasey.
>>
File: ds-82-qua-mad-song-3[1].png (802 KB, 1080x640) Image search: [Google]
ds-82-qua-mad-song-3[1].png
802 KB, 1080x640
Today I will remind them
>>
>>70608389
I love that Simpsons episode with the bible parodies where Bart/King David kill Nelson/Goliat Jr and reclaim his throne but Goliat was the best ruler Israel ever had and David was arrested for magnicide
>>
>>70602502
Why does he remind me of Dustin Hoffman?
Was he a jew?
>>
>>70608551
>loses gypsy scum
>wins qt blue-eyed blonde aerialist

Quasi dodged a bullet.
>>
>>70606938
Esmerelda isn't latina, she's a gypsy.
>>
>>70608883
honestly it felt pretty forced. Like when someone doesn't like the ending to a show or film and just writes their own fanfiction so the main character can slay the jabberwocky, save narnia, and fuck the princess
>>
>>70605485
It's fucking Hamlet though. You're essentially criticising Shakespeare.
>>
Isn't the real message that women are shallow whores not worth giving a fuck about?
>>
>>70607995

Scar was such a shitty lion king that him running things somehow caused a fucking drought.

Never understood that one.
>>
>>70610273
The message is than any male below 8/10 is not a real man and so not worthy of any attention.
>>
>>70609798
That is literally the reason the sequel was made.
>>
>>70605485
Please. Even if Scar hadn't killed Mufasa, it was never Simba's fault to begin with.
>>
File: latest-2.png (299 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
299 KB, 608x448
>>70608551
I bet you think Pocahontas getting a harem is canon too.
>>
Even if you got past his looks, he was still a short religious manchild who spent most of his life in an attic talking to inanimate objects.
>>
>>70602502
In the novel, Esmeralda was a dimwit horny teen who got half of the city killed, not even intelligent enough to save her own life when she needed to.
Phoebus is a literal Chad who had his way with her... and the sole survivor.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.