[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: youcant.jpg (358 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
youcant.jpg
358 KB, 1024x1448
Find a flaw
>>
>>70601896
No one found a flaw, that's cause there are none. Empire is perfect.
>>
>>70601896
There isn't really a plot. It's a series of set pieces of variable quality. Some of it is fucking boring.
>>
>>70602786
spotted the Millennial
>>
>>70601896
>flaw
The scene when Vader is force throwing shit at Luke during their fight is the most cringe-worthy moment in the whole series.
>>
>>70602990

Why?
>>
>>70601896
Not enough blacks
>>
>>70601896
the falcon hiding directly on a star destroyer with magnetic clamps and not being detected because i took off dah power and tie fighters not seeing it, shit doesn't have cloaking tech
>>
>>70603052
Because the acting is horrendous, even for Mark Hamil, and that's saying something.
>>
>>70602818
Nope.
>>
>>70601896

>Inert narrative glossed over by action scenes
>Bad pacing
>Lacks thematic cohesion
>Lando sub-plot is underdeveloped making his betrayal meaningless
>Shit comedy Vader scenes

IV is the best Star Wars films.

'V is the best' only gets up voted on reddit because it has the most action in it.
>>
The dialogue between Han and Leia isn't great.
>>
>>70603105
>>70603090
>>70602990
0/10, Millennial
>>
>>70601896
>Palpatine on the poster
Is this a shoop? The real Sheev was only in the more recent special editions.
>>
>>70603204

Calling someone a millennial isn't a valid argument you monstrous fucking faggot.
>>
>>70603196
>>Inert narrative glossed over by action scenes
>>Bad pacing
>>Lacks thematic cohesion
>>Lando sub-plot is underdeveloped making his betrayal meaningless
This guy gets it.
>>
Cloud City is fucking boring.
>>
>>70603204

>Millennial
>Insult

Top kek. Your generation destroyed the planet and entrenched male white privilege.

Millenials are nobly saving the world from your bullshit.
>>
>>70601896
In "the return of the jedi" it pissed me off how the imperial army was buffucked by a bunch of teddybears.
>>
Why is he wearing a german helmet?
>>
>>70601896
According to George himself:

>Weak level of technology did not allow to show the Imperial Capital for all of its glory.
>Few planets in general.
>Establishing shots of cool starships that never get to the space battle part.
>Han/Leia romance ended up too good to ignore, so he had to get rid of the Luke romance somehow.
>>
>>70602818
>>70603204
>implying millennials don't blindly love Star Wars
They spent their whole lives hearing how great this bland, overrated trilogy was from Gen Xers and literally take it as gospel that they're great, even though there's nothing particularly good about them.
>>
>>70604285
To play devil's advocate, George is also just buttmad that the most well received of his movies is the one he had the least to do with.
>>
The story is weak and boring, and poorly paced.

The "to be continued" ending was bullshit given the three year wait between films. Jedi suffers from Empire's shit ending because it has to spend time cleaning up the mess and tying up the loose ends.

Ultimately, Star Wars '77 is the superior film. All Empire has is Old Kermit and Vader masturbation. Fuck it.
>>
>>70604596
Wait, I'm confused.

OP is insulting people by calling them millennials. By even the most narrow definition, millennials started in 1983, which would put OP at being 34+.

So, a 34 year old who is still going on a Chinese cartoon forum to argue with 18 year olds about a sci fi flick.

Well, I for one have been put in my place.
>>
Cannot be watched as a standalone movie.

If you tried you'd be wondering why Luke can magically move a flashlight that cuts things. You'd also be perplexed as to why Luke sees a ghost he calls "Ben". Among other things. You need some setup from Star Wars 1977 to fill it all in.

The story also ends on a cliffhanger. Not a big mark against it, but again, not a movie that can really be watched by itself. It needs the other two parts of the trilogy to complete it.

Star Wars 1977 is really the only self contained SW movie. Which makes it less flawed than ESB.
>>
here's a flaw:

when the Millennium Falcon lands inside the asteroid and Han and Leia get out to investigate they take their masks off when they are effectively still in outer space and there is no atmosphere.

I turned it off at this point.
>>
Fozzy bear is a character voice and an annoying one at that.
>>
>>70601896
Not enough CG backflips. Seriously, that fight was so boring, where's the explosions?
Yoda never even dueled
I am left questioning Luke's feelings towards sand
>>
why would the Empire attack the rebel base on Hoth from land? they knew its exact location and could have just fired upon it from space.
>>
The part in cloud city where Vader uses the force to throw shit at Luke has aged pretty badly
>>
the emperor in this isnt even sheev its some pepe looking dude, what the fuck lucas = MASSIVE FLAW
>>
>>70603202
I know
>>
4>3>5>6=1>2>7
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.