[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the first good video game movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
469 KB, 1920x1080
Was this the first good video game movie?
>>
>>70596327
I honestly don't know but I hear Angry Birds was great.
>>
>>70596327
Mortal Kombat
>>
>>70596327

This was garbage as a standalone movie

It's an insult as an adaption
>>
File: courtney1.png (542 KB, 700x1341) Image search: [Google]
courtney1.png
542 KB, 700x1341
>>70596327
>no Courtney Gears
It wasn't.
>>
File: 1428198123126.jpg (621 KB, 715x884) Image search: [Google]
1428198123126.jpg
621 KB, 715x884
Marvel Vs Capcom
>>
I quite liked it.
It was true to the source material; and that's what I look for in a vidya movie.
>>
>>70596887
>It was true to the source material

>turning Drek into a pussy, Ratchet into a teen and Qwark into a good guy
>true to the source material
>>
>>70596887

But it wasn't.
>>
File: polly.png (268 KB, 848x358) Image search: [Google]
polly.png
268 KB, 848x358
Ace Attorney is the only vidyakino
>>
>>70596887

No it wasn't. The movie did everything to avoid its source material.

It's like the director was ashamed that he was directing this instead of a Minion's movie.
>>
>>70596910
Source material being the remade version not the original
>>
>>70597198
>owning a PS4
>caring about the cashgrab "remake"
>>
>>70596454

YES
>>
>>70597217
Im just stating the movie never made attempts to be like the ps2 game
>>
>>70597256
Fair enough.
>>
Pretty sure it was Goldeneye.
>>
>>70597123
Oh yeah, I need to watch this. Takashi Miike directed Audition which was great, and I played the first game last year.
>>
>>70597315
Its full of japanese "humour" like everyone falling over when someone says something out of place

Its an interesting film to watch but not everyones cup of tea
>>
>>70597217
>>70597198
>>70596910
As someone who lived the original, especially the excellent story, what's this about a remake? Did they fucking change things?

The first was by far the best character and story was. Can't believe people actually complained because ratchet wasn't a perfecting beacon of morality so they changed him into a generic good guy from 2 onwards. Story of the series really lost its sparkle with that.
>>
>>70597424

The couple of times that happens is built up well enough by Miike, I think. The courtroom is established as a place where words can drop like literal bombs, and everyone's on the edge of their seat. It's more like a wrestling match people buy tickets to than a trial.

When Wright seems like he's building to an important point and then brain farts and says something obvious, everyone falling off their seats is a great punchline. The whole movie is an exercise in over-the-top versions of mundane events.
>>
>>70597607
That's the point.
In the original trilogy Qwark was a piece of shit and Ratchet was essentially a space redneck.
Also why change the villain? Drek was very powerful in the first game, here he's Nefarious bitch.
>>
>>70597667
Yeah I just read the plot summary of the remake. What I also love about the original on top of the points you made was that ratchet and clank barely got along. Clank was such a stiff for doing the right thing because he had no life of his own, while clank didn't care that much about doing "the" right thing (ie wanting to get revenge on quark more than saving cities/planets). It was a great dynamic which completely disappeared after 1.

Also like you said quark was a piece of shit but it made his absolving moment in 3 great.

And yeah Drek was great but it sounds like hes a chump now.
>>
File: v1.jpg (249 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
249 KB, 800x1200
>forgetting this masterpiece
>>
>>70598104
What's hilarious is this was the best acting the rocks ever done.

Wish he would stop fucking around trying to be the hero, or worse the funny guy, and start doing more villains.
>>
Resident Evil
>>
>>70598104
I unironically love this movie and I will defend it till my last breath.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.