[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best film adaptation of Camus' The Stranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ManWhoWasn'tThere.jpg (128 KB, 500x718) Image search: [Google]
ManWhoWasn'tThere.jpg
128 KB, 500x718
Is this the best film adaptation of Camus' The Stranger we'll probably ever get? Even if it doesn't follow the plot, the themes are similar.

Also, why is this movie often ignored in the Coens filmography? It's probably one of their best.
>>
How do you pronounce Camus? I said CAME US in front of the librarian two weeks ago and she snickered at me. When I walked out the exit she was laughing with two other librarians and they were looking at me.
>>
>>70590056
kahmoo

He's french
>>
>>70590056
I remember when I was about 14 or 15 years old in that sort of phase and I asked for where I could find The Stranger by Albert Cameus at one of the guys at the local Barnes & Noble. The guy wasn't rude but he said "The Stranger by Kah-moo?" and then he directed it to me.

I read it a bunch of times over the next year or so. The whole chapter where Meursault smokes a cigarette on his balcony while watching the passers-by below still sticks in my mind more than anything else.
>>
>>70590398
mine's when he kills the mudslime and just stands there

Or when he is in prision thinken about lief
>>
Best Coen film tbqh
>>
>>70589798

MONK PLAYING THE BIG SHOT LAWYER WAS THE BEST PERFORMANCE

GREAT MOVIE BUT PACED FOR ADULTS, CAPESHITTERS WOULD TEXT ALL THE WAY THROUGH IT
>>
The scene where his brother-in-law punches him during the trial effected me more than it should.

"What kind of man are you?!". I ask myself that almost everyday, despite how fedora it sounds.
>>
>>70590854
The part where Jame Gandolfini's wife appears at Billy Bob's door in the funeral shroud talking to him about the UFO experience they had chilled me to the fucking bone. That actress had the perfect creepy look on her face during the whole thing.
>>
>>70589798
>Is this the best film adaptation of Camus' The Stranger we'll probably ever get?

uh no. are you a fucking idiot?

how about the awesome ACTUAL REAL ADAPTATION we have with Mastroianni and Karina? the fact that this exists is fucking awesome...and instead you're posting about the fucking Coen brothers....

fucking christ this board sucks.
>>
>>70591297
l o l
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.