[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if this movie is really going to be as bad as the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (258 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.png
258 KB, 540x405
So if this movie is really going to be as bad as the internet is making it out to be, then it'll surely bomb at the box office, right?
>>
>>70588273
Only manchildren insecure internet people care about this movie.
>>
>>70588273
Yes
>>
>>70588273
at most it will do Alice TTLG numbers
>>
>>70588273

I'm sure it'll be popular with parents taking their kids to see it

I'm sure it'll also make money
>>
>>70588273
Nah, it's a dumb comedy summer blockbuster with a well known IP tacked on top. It'll do better than BvS
>>
>>70588273
Nope

It'll be loved by critics and will do good at the box office
>>
it'll have a moderately successful weekend due to all the publicity its gotten from the "controversy." Tumblr will hail it as their favorite movie. /tv/ will force a shitty new meme. it'll drop off in its second week.
>>
>>70588273
A detailed summary of the entire plot was leaked on reddit which was then posted here. The trailers have revealed the guy was not lying.

It's absolute dogshit. Even if it did have a specific market, wasn't alienating everyone else and had marketing that wasn't intensely disliked by just about everyone on the Internet word of mouth will kill it in the first week.

It's a guaranteed failure.

I'm going to enjoy watching it bomb, the producers and cast will be blaming this all on misogynists as the reason for its failure.
>>
>>70588273
Yeah dont worry
>>
Besides teenage girls and fucking faggy hipster dicks, who the fuck will be going to see it?
>>
>>70588273
Apart from a meme that /tv/ will eventually force, she'll be their favourite part of this movie.
>>
>>70588427
Kids/families

>>70588384
It's a guaranteed success

Critics will love it because it's SJW shit
It's a famous IP so it's impossible for it to fail at the box office
>>
>>70588427
The Happy Madison audience.
>>
There's this family who lives in a trailer park near me who made their van into a Ghost Busters themed shit show and drive it all around. This was done in retaliation to the over zealous hatred levied towards the movie that has made it into some sort of battleground of identity politics. It seems that this society we live in is almost entirely built around acting out in ways that will spite the people who have beliefs counter to yours rather than people assuming identities independent of social perception. This family little has assumed the identity of being massive Ghost Busters fans primarily out of some sense of wanting to oppose internet misogyny.

I mean, obviously nobody really gives a shit about this movie that revolves around jokes about how gross it is to be covered in slime, every single discussion about this movie has an underlining theme of "boys vs girls" at it's core..
>>
>>70588273
Critics will be pressured to inflate ratings, it'll bomb and the studio/actors/director will blame non minoritys/women for making a coordinated effort to ensure its failure
>>
It's pretty alarming to see the number of box office flops for 2016 already.
This movie is guaranteed to.
>>
>>70588546
I really expected BvS to make it past a billion, but at least it's showing WB that if your movie sucks then it won't make the money you're hoping it'll make.
>>
>>70588506
>It's a famous IP so it's impossible for it to fail at the box office

Are you pitching to Sony or something? Plenty of famous IPs fail. Especially when they've been spectacularly mishandled.

>>70588511
Teenage boys aren't going to want to see this.
>>
>>70588622
>Teenage boys aren't going to want to see this.
Those boys aren't teenagers anymore, anon. They're fully grown adults with stupid wives and children that'll easily shove money over the counter for fart jokes.
>>
It will be one of those movies that flops but fags on TV will claim it made its money back in the international market
>>
>>70588622
>Plenty of famous IPs fail.

Name one big IP that has failed the last 5-10 years
>>
File: 8764.png (284 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
8764.png
284 KB, 640x368
Saw a trailer for this in a packed theater a few weekends back. In the post-trailer whispers I was ready to hear, "That looks stupid..." "Why did they make another one...?" "I'm so sick if McCarthy..." "What's with the pointless all girl remakes...?" "Fucking feminists" etc. etc. etc. What I actually heard was "Haha that looks great!" "I can't wait to see that." "So and so was so funny on SNL!"

I was embarrassed for myself because I legitimately forgot for a moment that nothing you crybabies do or say means anything because you're all just a bunch of bitter whiny manchildren. Feel free to make 50,000 more circle jerky echo chamber hate threads, it's still gonna be a massive critical and financial success and you're gonna be the ones missing out because of your own baggage.

Ready for the (you)s so let them fly
>>
>>70588273
certain people will see it to prove the internet wrong.
>>
This movie will be a considered a classic by hipsters in about twenty years.
>>
>>70588708
Peter Pan,
>>
>>70588273
>bad movies always bomb at the box office
Why are you so retarded?
>>
>>70588273
It will flop and it will be forgotten.
Even Sony is pushing the narrative that the Ghostbusters movies were bad anyways and people are just misogynists.
They know it has no hope and they want to deflect criticism.

But it might give us some funny drama if Feig has a serious meltdown in the social media.
>>
>>70588811
>if

He already has, twice by telling fans basically what Michael B Jordan did about the Fantastic Four, "They'll see it anyway"
>>
>>70588753
>last 5-10 years

Internet wasnt big in 2003 so studios couldnt push their shit as effectively

Look, the movie looks like absolute garbage but If you think it'll flop youre fooling yourself
>>
jurassic world made 1 bajillion dollars, thats all you need to know

name recognition/nostalgia with people who are old enough to have kids to bring to the movies is a force to be reckoned with
>>
Calling it now: 21 Jump Street meets Ghostbusters
>>
File: 1430198198609.jpg (344 KB, 1752x1703) Image search: [Google]
1430198198609.jpg
344 KB, 1752x1703
>>70588273
entertainment business isn't about educated people or white men anymore

it's about women/minorities and kids
>>
>>70588867

derp
>>
>>70588927

Nevermind
>>
>>70588273
look, your movie has to be really fucking good to get me to get off my ass to go to a theater and spend 13$. i'm sure i'll end up pirating it and shitposting about it on /tv/ though.
>>
>>70588273
I don't know if it will painfully bad, but it'll be forgotten about in 2 years. And some other queen will remake an all female version of some other 80s/90s movie. And get upset when people call it female x.
>>
>>70588477
Yep, sucks because she's not even that hot.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.