[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donnie Darko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: donnie-dark-movies-578x200.jpg (11 KB, 578x200) Image search: [Google]
donnie-dark-movies-578x200.jpg
11 KB, 578x200
Well this was a waste of 2 hours.
I haven't seen such a ham fisted attempt at Kino since BvS.
>>
this is why you're a drone
>>
>>70587642
You suck a fuck
>>
>>70587642
that movie was hipster garbage. boring af and nothing happened.
>>
>>70587932
>>70587904
teen Donnies detected
>>
can anyone tell me what the film was about? he gets to time travel because of a demonic rabbit before seeing shit happen and then laughs as the jet engine crushes him?
>>
>>70588321
>he gets to time travel because of a demonic rabbit before seeing shit happen and then laughs as the jet engine crushes him
KEK GREATEST MOVIE REVIEW EVER
>>
i always forget that's jenna malone in this movie. she's my waifu.
>>
>>70588321

>it's a mad world, Donnie Darko
>>
>>70588493

>it's a mad world

used to like that song until it got way fucking overused in every commercial and video game
>>
>>70588451
aw fuck, yer right
>>
>>70588618
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>>
>>70588321
...I honesty don't know.
>>
>>70588321
>films have to be about something
>>
>>70590443
not everyone can make kino, kid
>>
Check out southland tales instead

Its actually good
>>
Just because it's hard to understand at first doesn't make it "hipster trash". The basic plot is the jet engine was supposed to kill him in the beggening but frank saved him. By doing this he created an alternate timeline which starts to become unstable. Donnie realizes the only way to save everyone around him is by sending that jet engine back to the other timeline with the powers he's acquired from being an outsider in this new timeline. I feel a certain type of nostalgia from my teen years when watching it and I think some of the imagery and ideas presented in the movie are unique.
>>
>>70587642
He slipped out of time by surviving the jet engine crash. Eventually he re-routed his time stream, and it fixed itself. He stopped the end of the world, by bringing about his own demise.

I think
>>
>>70590818
It's literally an episode of Star Trek mashed together with Heathers and shat out by an unbearable film geek faggot.
I was totally grooving it until the reset ending, a disappointing cop-out.
>>
File: deadOnAStick.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
deadOnAStick.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>70587642
>since BvS
>implying bibble symbolism
you are not far off
>>
>>70587642
people who like this movie and think it's deep make me cringe, much like inception.
>>
>>70590591
this
>>
>>70591450
your sex life makes me cringe2
>>
File: bfq2k3jio.jpg (25 KB, 601x498) Image search: [Google]
bfq2k3jio.jpg
25 KB, 601x498
>>70594057
ok
>>
The theatrical cut of Donnie Darko is a perfect movie. One of the few cut-jobs that knew exactly what it was doing.

Kelly is a very good director and has good ideas for movies. His problem is he's a John Carpenter in a filmmaking world which has been ritually sacrificing its John Carpenters for twenty years.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.