[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a good video game movie exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: alliance3.jpg (108 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
alliance3.jpg
108 KB, 640x379
Which came closest?

Is there any series you think would have promise?
>>
>>70583658
>God tier
>Mortal Kombat

>Aaaaalmost tier
>Silent Hill
>>
File: p17046_p_v8_ac.jpg (341 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p17046_p_v8_ac.jpg
341 KB, 960x1440
>>
street fighter, mortal kombat, like the first 60% of the first resident evil

silent hill's heart was in the right place but ehhh
>>
File: gyakuten-saiban.jpg (133 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
gyakuten-saiban.jpg
133 KB, 750x1050
>Does a good video game movie exist?
YES
>>
>>70583658

The Tekkin movie is actually pretty good.

Mortal Kombat is ok,
>>
The first half of Doom is okay. Everything leading up to and after the first person scene is dogshit.

The problem with video game movies is that, instead of trying to be a film, they just use controlled camera angles to stylize the combat from the game. Also, pic related.
>>
>>70583658

Mortal Kombat is "good", for what it is.

I enjoyed Double Dragon in the same manner.

Angry Birds is interesting.
>>
>>70583818
>The Tekkin movie is actually pretty good.
>Mortal Kombat is ok,
Bad bait or shit taste.
Either way here's your reply
>>
Hardcore Henry. It's essentially all the fun moments of a FPS game with an appropriate amount of cheesiness and fun
>>
>>70583949
>Angry Birds is interesting.
This had better not be that "it's a redpilled animation movie based on these stretched ideas" line.
>>
>>70583949
>Double Dragon
Damn. I legit forgot this abortion existed...
T-thanks
>>
>>70583949

Also, in the same vein, Dead Or Alive.
>>
>>70583976
Should have stayed a music video.
>>
File: am_002.jpg (14 KB, 504x465) Image search: [Google]
am_002.jpg
14 KB, 504x465
>>70583978

That's exactly what it is.

>>70583989

My 12 year old self enjoyed it for many reasons.
>>
>>70583978
They aren't stretched at all faggot

Films with much more subtle and possibly even imagined symbolism not even intended by the filmmaker are lauded as great works of Cinema
>>
>>70583976

ok if we're counting shit that's not actually based on videogames, scott pilgrim and edge of tomorrow
>>
>>70584129
>forgetting Riddick in general
>>
Gamer was a badass movie
>>
Nope and the fags that say MK was good are retards. Did you all forget about that shitty Goro? The fights sucked, the effects sucked even for those days, and the story was retarded, just like the games. You faggots need to remove your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>70583658
>Is there any series you think would have promise?
Dwarf Fortress would have the dubious claim of being the first movie to be displayed entirely in text and narrated by famous voice actors speaking normally
The 3D version of this movie uses 3D text.
>>
>>70584337
>I take movies super seriously and only watch things played at my local art house Cinéma
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454963141714.jpg (178 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454963141714.jpg
178 KB, 1080x1349
Surprisingly, this.
>>
>>70583658
Wreck it Ralph.

If you mean a good movie based on a video game, than no.

Most adaptations are hampered because videogames are an abysmal storytelling medium.

The minuscule amount of games that have a passable to good story are not popular enough for studios to adapt to film.
>>
>>70583961

I'm guessing you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtLFWWglAQ

The fighting is actually the worst part of the movie.
>>
I kinda like the RE movies they are washable but not good... Super hero in a zombie movie
>>
Why does nobody ever mention tomb raider in these video game movie threads? I thought they were pretty alright for being cheesy action adventure shit.
>>
>>70584780
literally a worse indiana jones
>>
>>70584910
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>70584945
It is?
It's like praising Fantastic Four for being worse than the marvel movies.
>>
Street Fighter was so bad that it was good, just like Starship Troopers
>>
>>70585241
Fun fact with street fighter, Raul Julia knew he was dying by that point, and his kids loved street fighter, so he was super eager for the role and over-acted the shit out of it for them, which is why he was the best part of that movie
>>
Tron
>>
File: MS003.png (862 KB, 580x863) Image search: [Google]
MS003.png
862 KB, 580x863
Pokekino = The Rise of Darkrai
Pokecinéma = Spell of the Unown
Pokefilm = Mewtwo Strikes Back
Pokemovie = Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
Pokeflick = The Power of One
>>
>>70585491

I think a movie based off an anime that's based off a game is cheating
>>
Apart from some already mentioned, Prince of Persia was alright I thought. Passable enough to finish it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.