[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ava DuVernay: 'This patriarchy is often shocked when a black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 532526629DM00027_Paramount_[1].jpg (434 KB, 997x1500) Image search: [Google]
532526629DM00027_Paramount_[1].jpg
434 KB, 997x1500
>Speaking about Straight Outta Compton while at the Los Angeles film festival , the director said the Oscar-nominated hip-hop drama’s success didn’t catch her by surprise. The film went on to earn $161m from a $28m budget.
>“But I remember [at the time] a CNN headline saying: Compton film debuts with no shootings,” the director of 2014’s Selma recalled.
>“That’s why it’s incumbent upon us, women film-makers, film-makers of color, to track our own legacy,” she added. “This patriarchy is often shocked when a black film does well, or shocked when a film directed by a woman does well. That strips away the legacy from where that film-maker comes from. It assumes that because I’m the first black woman to do this and that, that I was the first one that had the capacity to do so – which is incredibly insulting to all the artists who have been doing the work for this moment.”
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/06/ava-duvernay-los-angeles-film-festival

Once again she is right about everything.
>>
File: Opinion Discarded Miia.webm (160 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Opinion Discarded Miia.webm
160 KB, 640x360
>unironically believes in "The Patriarchy"
>>
She has a point in that colored filmmakers have it tough, but she literally has a job due to white patriarchy.

As a director she sucks. But the leftist clickbait media and cucks try to make it seem like she didn't
>>
Bix n00d?
>>
Who's this Patrick Archie? is he the CEO of Hollywood or something? I'm not American so I don't know.
>>
Isn't the whole idea of a patriarchy sexist against men?
>>
>>70573851
>le patriarchy is real
*tips tinfoil hat*
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 320x180
>>70573947
>in ironically believes in the Matriarchy
>>
File: soundless slut.webm (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
soundless slut.webm
1 MB, 960x1080
>born into a wealthy family
>lived in the suburbs
>went to USC
>still complains about muh white male boogeyman
>>
>>70574195
there's no such thing as sexism against men
because sexism is privilege + power
and since men have all the privilege and power they cannot experience sexism. It is impossible for the oppressors to be the oppressed
>>
>>70573851
>Oscar-nominated hip-hop drama’s

I could have swore the blacks were mad it didn't get recognition from the Oscars.
>>
WE WUZ DIRECTORZ N SHIET
>>
>it's a privileged bigots who have never known discrimination invalidate the priceless experiences of a brave woman of color episode
>>
ooga booga wher da man at
>>
>>70574374
>Spaniard
>Privileged
I fucking wish
>>
>>70574342
They were mad no niggers got nominated for actor/actress because niggers are too retarded to understand film is much more than that. Mexicans all of sudden don't count as minorities.
>>
>>70574342
Because only the screenwriters got a nom and they were all jewish.
>>
She's right. I remember when /tv/ was shitting it's pants when Barbershop: The Next Cut got good reviews on RT.
>>
>>70573851

Straight Outta Compton did well because a bunch of white people in my age group or around my age group up to about 45 give or take (I am 32) grew up listening to that music.

Of course it did well. It was a nostalgia trip for a lot of people. Black films with no pop culture background like Compton will fail.
>>
>>70574285
tell that to the jewish guards in the concentration camps or the house niggers who oversaw the other slaves. both were far more violent that the white guards because they had to distinguish themselves apart from their underlings
>>
Why are African-Americans so unbelievable pretentious?
>>
>>70574277
Exactly this. What a fucking idiot. Based Ryan Coogler came from privileged backgrounds and graduated from usc too and he isn't whining about evil whitey
>>
>>70574493
No I can't remember the last before Star Wars when /tv/ posted about anything that wasn't for manchildren.
>>
>>70573851
>Compton film debuts with no shootings

The only reference on the entire internet to that is her own quote. The CNN headline never happened and the only article on CNN that even gets near that is, "Why you have to see this movie or else your a racist" article.

This victim complex bullshit is getting tiresome.
>>
>>70573851
>niggers
DROOOOPPED
>>
>>70574374
>woe is me, making movies is hard, how do i spend all my money, i'm so opressed
>>
she's got big tits and ass

any more of her body of work?
>>
>>70574493
This
>>
>>70574493
what? I come here almost every day and remember maybe one thread about the new Barbershop and no one was shitting their pants over reviews. Who the fuck cares about a Barbershop movie that is a decade too late?
>>
>>70574493
67 on metacritic and you can probably take 10 points off for white guilt
>>
>>70573955
Do you even know what the word "cuck" means you neo-memester?
>>
>>70574285
Sexism or racism isn't power + privilege. That's called institutional sexism/racism. Stop parroting things you've read on tumblr and use some critical thinking
>>
>>70574051
Wonder baited toast.
>>
>>70574652
Film got pretty bad review from stormfront.
>>
>>70573851
the fact a movie like Straight Outta Compton did well is a sad statement for a society.

>Literal thugs becoming famous rappers because someone handed them an opportunity.
What kind of shitty message is that to people?
Just another glorification of idiotic thugs who run around thinking "gib me dat"
>>
>the patriarchy
kek everytime
>>
>CNN is part of the patriarchy
really libs
>>
>>70573851

>makes a movie that encourages blacks not to study and instead become thugs or try to be rappers

>thinks she's helping

They still don't get it, do they...
>>
>>70575942
she didn't direct Straight Outta Compton
>>
>>70574985
>cuck complains about incorrect usage of cuck
everytime
>>
ok
>>
>>70574285
I guess Jews are immune to anti-semitism and racism, since they make up most of Hollywood and Wall Street
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.