[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to have a comfy fun night tonight and I want to watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
I want to have a comfy fun night tonight and I want to watch something like pic related. Do you know of any movies with similar vibe? Probably gonna watch this again if I don't find any better.
>>
>>70569162
well, other movies by quentin dupieux
>>
>>70569162
>Quentin Dupieux
The Rubber guy?
>>
>>70569409
yes, also réalité, it's written on the poster
>>
>>70569335
I only seen the movie about cops other that the Reality and I don't know how other of his films stand, but I don't think they'd be as meta as Reality. I was thinking about something kaufman esque, but not that heavy.
>>
I got Smoke with Harvey Keitel on the disk righ now, is it any good?
>>
>>70569505
I think reality is his best, but the others are worth watching. Steak is weird and good.

maybe you'd enfoy exit through the gift shop
or F for fake
>>
>>70569645
How does F for fake relates? Exit Through The Gift Shop I've seen, and again, I don't really feel it relates to what I'm looking for. I might give Steak a shot, got it somewhere in here.
>>
>>70569721
I don't know what you're looking for man, watch it or don't. it's comfy and talks about deception, it's kinda meta.
don't let me do all the work
>>
File: Le Grand Amour.jpg (65 KB, 746x561) Image search: [Google]
Le Grand Amour.jpg
65 KB, 746x561
Since you mentioned Dupieux and Kaufman, watch The Science of Dreams from Gondry, who comes from music videos in the french electro scene like Dupieux and also worked with Kaufman. Jonze as well. Look into their music videos.

Maybe look into Bunuel, Jacques Tati for older examples of surreal comedies. Pierre Etaix's Le Grand Amour.

Haven't seen it but The Lobster seems to have a similar vibe to Dupieux. Maybe even Wes Anderson, for the deadpan oddness.

Recent decent French comedies with weird, meta elements: Kounen's 99 Francs, Les Clefs de Bagnole, Dupontel's Le Créateur.

If you liked Chabat, his most famous film is La Cité De La Peur, which is more like a Police Squad type of parody. He's basically known for creating a French version of SNL. Also worked with Hazanavicius, who directed OSS117 series and The Artist.
>>
File: 20537269.jpg (831 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
20537269.jpg
831 KB, 1200x1600
>>
>>70569162
Find and watch Les Beaux Gossses, Jacky aux Pays des Filles, Louise-Michell, Mammuth et Le Grand Soir
Also THEMROC
>>
>>70570276
Damn, you study this shit or something, man?
>>
So magic realism? Watch some Weerasethakul movies. They're not as 'fun' though
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.