[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I understand changing faces, because magic n sheeeeit, but how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: boredom.jpg (37 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
boredom.jpg
37 KB, 590x421
I understand changing faces, because magic n sheeeeit, but how do they change their height, weight and voice? I didn't read all the books (they're fucken terrible), does it say anything about their apparent ability to change physical appearance completely? DAT MAGIC, IT'S BEST NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT
>>
>>70554710
Magic.
>>
>>70554710

> DAT MAGIC, IT'S BEST NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT

You just described the best way to handle magic in a low fantasy setting.

And you answered your own question.
>>
>>70554766
And yet the faggy fanboys are defending this shit entire season, especially those godawful Bran-nauwitenz-whispers-timewarging-burn them all-hold the door Deus ex Machina crap.
>>
Do they change their height and weight in the books? I don't remember.
>>
They never changed their height, and it's easy to affect a voice.
>>
>>70555102
>They never changed their height
Do you even watch the show, Down's?
>>
>>70555313
Yes, and I read the books. Feel free to show that they ever changed their height. Take your time.
>>
>>70554710
This discrepancy is a consequence of ripping off Wheel of Time wholesale without actually thinking about the elements of worldbuilding.
>>
>>70555329
Jaqen is taller than Waif, Jaqen was Waif. Remember that nigger from S5? Bigger than Jaqen, but it's Jaqen lmao. Also how do they change the color of their hands and chests? And what if it turns out to be that Arya from this past episode is just Jaqen in disguise to fuck with Waif? Victory's mine, Down's, keep defending this piece of shit show for literal retards.
>>
>>70555426
>Bigger than Jaqen
Show me.
>>
>>70554834
yes they are defending it because its stupid to point it out as some sort of plothole

its fucking magic, it does what they say it does.
>>
>>70555455
It's not hard, just check the S5 episode where Aria arrives in Bravos.
>>
>>70555517
>It's not hard
Then why are you avoiding the burden of proof? You can't prove it, can you?
>>
File: faces.webm (1 MB, 1108x720) Image search: [Google]
faces.webm
1 MB, 1108x720
>>70554710
Do people have any idea how much GRRM based GoT off Frank Herbert's Dune series?

This whole changing faces was done in the 1970's book: Children of Dune
>>
>>70555805
He ripped off Wheel of Time which ripped off Dune. GRRM has never read Dune (source: Locus)
>>
>>70554710
>please explain how this specific magic works in this fantasy series full of instances of magic

kys my man
>>
>>70555842
just checked, it's true
>>
>they just pull off the face like a scooby doo mask

fucking ruined
>>
Just because you don't have to explain how it works, doesn't mean you shouldn't explain why.
>>
>>70555860
Dune's House Atreides = GoT's House Stark

First Part of Dune House Harkonnen invades and kills Leto, the House's leader just like in GoT when Ned is killed by House Lannister.

The son of Leto must then flee until he meets a new group of people who are natives. Just like in GoT, Jon Snow flees and meets the Wildlings.
>>
>>70555900
Why should they? How could they? Why do autists like you need a real world explanation for everything in fiction?
>>
It's done with optical illusions, distraction and even magnets.
>>
does the face magically adhere to your skin?
>>
File: 70249655.jpg (59 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
70249655.jpg
59 KB, 665x375
>>70555805
>>70555842
House Atreides (Stark), moves their royal members to the planet Arakis (King's Landing) to mine the Spice (King's Hand) for the Emperor of the Known Universe (King Robert).

A feuding family who previously had the honour of mining the spice (King's Hand), House Harkonnen (The Lannisters), is conspiring against the Atriedes (Starks) to become rulers of the known Universe (Seven Kingdoms) through control of Arakis (King's Landing).

The Atriedes (Starks) eventually fall to treachery at the hands of the Harkonnen (Lannisters) who now rule Arakis (King's Landing). This is due to a traitor, Dr.Yuri (Lord Baleish) who serves the Empire (Seven Kingoms) but has alterior personal motives, eventually leading to the death of the patriarch of house Atriedes (Stark) Lord Leto (Eddard).

Lord Leto's (Eddard's) bastard son Paul (Jon) escapes his House's defeat early to live with the Fremen (Night's Watch). The Fremen are the poor of Arakis who hunt the fabled sand (snow) worms (giants/wildings). They live in giant mountain rocks (The Wall) which protect them from the harsh desert (winter) climate.

Aria Atriedes (Arya Stark) also survives the fall of her house, and pursues revenge to an almost fanatical extreme. She becomes an assassin and vowes to kill everyone that wronged her and her family. She is also around 10 years old.

Eventually, Paul (Jon) through magical powers and prophecy, overcomes the worms (giants/wildings) and leads them over the protective wall, in events that follow the Empire (Seven Kingdoms) is destroyed by Paul's (Jon's) army, and the spice flows
>>
>>70555900
You know why, you stupid cuntface.
To cover his\her own identity.
Dumb fuck.
Stop pretending to be idiot.
>>
>>70554710
Mask is illusory magic.
If they wear it, it projects an image of the person it once was.
People will think they're seeing a man fight a midget but it's actually just a man fighting a man.
>>
>>70555546
I'm not going through the task of finding an episode, finding the exact scenes, screenshotting and uploading them just so I could prove something to a retard like you, lmao, why lost precious time? Do it yourself, nutcase, this is not a court.
>>
>>70555992
Yep. Funny how the ultimate hack GRRM is praised among braindead neckbeards and libfag youth as some sort of genius, lmao. Disgraceful.
>>
>>70555546
You lost. Give up..
>>
>>70556058
>illusory magic
Sounds like a buzzword that means jack shit when shit hits the fan. So, if a real tall person takes the face of a short person, do I cut his throat if I wield a machete over short person's head? Because, illusions amirite?
>>
>>70556291

Basically yeah, it tricks you into thinking you're cutting a 6ft person's throat when in fact you're cutting a midget's throat.

It's a bullshit explanation because "It's magic I ain't gotta explain shit" and the easiest way for D&D to waffle their way out of it.
>>
>>70556257
Eh I am happy. At least secretly I am seeing Dune be televised instead of it just having a quick mini series and never being heard of again.
>>
>>70555965
>magnets
Now how do they work?
>>
>>70555805
>>70555842

Because changing faces has never been done before in the entire history of fiction....
>>
>>70554710
Its that zelda game majura mask
>>
>>70555965
Post your new video preston or those refugess will fuck your gf
>>
>>70555946
we dont need a real world explanation just something other than 'just because'
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.