[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, Batman V Superman shitpiles on Superman as a character.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Batman-V-Superman.jpg (49 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Batman-V-Superman.jpg
49 KB, 1200x600
You know, Batman V Superman shitpiles on Superman as a character.

Like, totally wrecks hims. Every person out there seems to fear and hate him, and the very few that don't, treats him like a devine figure, which arguably is an even worse reaction. The only persons who appear to think "damn, Superman is awesome" are his mom and his GF.

There is a montage of Superman doing all sorts of superhorices, which in other movie would have been inspiring and cool, but here is brought down by a mix of bleak visuals and the contrasting TV show where the whole point seems to be "smart people think Superman sucks". Shit, there is a scene later that has Superman with tears about to pour out his eyes, moping to Lois that he can't understand what the hell does this world want of him.

And by the end of the movie, nothing shows better the general callousness and distrust towards Superman like that fact that he was seconds away from dealing with Doomsday in a quick and bloodless manner, but was ruined because people simply don't believe in him. They would rather throw nukes than stop for a moment and think "hey, Superman can take care of this".

The worst part is not that the movie kills Superman as a climax, but that such death is robbed of any "heroic sacrifice" factor by the blatantly obvious hinting that the plan is to make him return as bad guy in a future film. The final slap in the face is Bruce's comment that "I failed him in life", which is a reminder that Superman had to die because Batman made a mistake.

It's no wonder I liked BvS so much. Seriously, fuck Superman and fuck his autismal fandom
>>
File: image.png (256 KB, 389x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
256 KB, 389x500
>>67773402
>shits on supes
>literally portrays him as Christ
>>
>>67773402
>that such death is robbed of any "heroic sacrifice" factor by the blatantly obvious hinting that the plan is to make him return as bad guy in a future film
Where is this ever implied? The film clearly shows us that he's inspired Bruce in particular, and is on the path to inspiring everybody (if you seek his monument, look around you).

The entire "dogpiling" was the whole point. Superman is shown to have pure intentions throughout the movie, the problem is with how cynical most people are, or how some see him as a saviour instead of an inspiration. It's about the place of Superman in popular culture, does he really fit in today's world? And the answer is ultimately yes, because he becomes a source of inspiration. That's much more uplifting than him winning everything and saving cats from trees, he comes across real world problems and overcomes them.
>>
>>67773468
>whole point is that he isn't christ and the people seeing him as such as as wrong as the people seeing him as an evil alien
>>
>>67773581
>Where is this ever implied?

Bruce's Vision. Earth is conquered and Superman is both evil and obviously part of it. That Flash warns him that Bruce was "always right about him" is pretty damning.
>>
>>67773468
yeah and we remember what happened to that guy
>>
>>67773468
Christ wasn't a murderous asshole.
>>
is it safe to say Donald Trump has reached superman level? Every person out there seems to fear and hate him, and the very few that don't, treats him like a divine figure, which arguably is an even worse reaction. The only persons who appear to think "damn, Superman is awesome" are his kids and his wife.
>>
>>67773946
So, Ted Cruz would be Doomsday?

Dunno man, that would be insulting to Doomsday
>>
I feel bad for him in these movies, everyone hates him and he is kind of bad at his job.
>>
>>67773468
>LOOK GUISE JESUS IMAGERY ARENT I DEEP
>>
>>67775730
In MoS it was about him emulating the best of earth
In BvS it was about how he isn't Jesus and people are wrong to portray him as such
>>
>>67773402
supes wakes up after 3 weeks
>>
>>67773682
But that future is averted because Mom Kent survives
>>
File: 1458892885989-1.jpg (74 KB, 310x440) Image search: [Google]
1458892885989-1.jpg
74 KB, 310x440
This film is like Passion Of The Christ if Gibson was a militant athiest who made Jesus look like an asshole.
>>
File: 1449685988678-1.jpg (74 KB, 322x474) Image search: [Google]
1449685988678-1.jpg
74 KB, 322x474
>>67773682
> him
I wonder if Snyder thinks he is so smart because he has an M Night tweest that Flash wasn't talking about Supes.

Then again, he reaaally hates Superman
>>
>>67777990
But Superman is portrayed as having pure intentions. It's everyone's reaction to him that's the problem.
>>
>>67776845
It boggles my mind that people think he's dead for good.
Superman can't die as long as the yellow sun burns.
>>
>>67778207
> yellow sunlight
> in a grave six feet undergound

maybe if they adpted the Superman nuke scene from DKR better where he absorbs energy from the Earth that absorbed the yellow sun's energy
>>
>>67778635
of course he still sure the fuck isn't dead

just saying it is horribly horribly set up
>>
>>67773402
Really it was a beautiful character drama
>>
File: Superman-The-Animated-Series.jpg (33 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
Superman-The-Animated-Series.jpg
33 KB, 435x326
OP is right. This movie doesn't understand Superman at all. The point of Superman is that he's somewhat miraculous, and that's not because of his powers or his costume or where he comes from, but because of his nature.

Superman is one of those very rare people who actually are as good as they seem to be. You've probably met a few of them in your life. Again, they're very rare, but they exist, and Superman is one of them. He actually is wholly altruistic and self-sacrificing. He does good simply for its own sake.

In turn, his goodness is so great that it actually changes the world around him. The whole DC Universe has a positive attitude towards superheroes thanks to Superman. People trust superheroes because of Superman. He doesn't succumb to the cynicism of the world, he faces it head-on and turns it into hopefulness.

Snyder's Superman is a failure of an adaptation. I'm glad everyone hates it. It's not Superman.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.