[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'll be back How did this quote become so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: I'll_Be_Back.jpg (56 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
I'll_Be_Back.jpg
56 KB, 1280x800
>I'll be back

How did this quote become so popular?

It's the most iconic line of both Schwarzenegger and the Terminator series as a whole, and it's arguably one of the most famous "Action Movie" lines of all time. If you go back and watch the first time it was spoken in the first Terminator film, however, there's nothing special about it. It wasn't delivered at the climax of the film like "Hasta la Vista" in T2. Unlike subsequent uses of the lines in later films, it also wasn't used as something badass to say before doing something cool. It also doesn't have that inherent cool factor like "Come with me if you want to live"

It's just a deadpan response that the Terminator said to some random police officer. How did such a flat line become so popular?
>>
>>70549736
the accent
>>
>>70549736
because he fucking runs a car into the police station
>>
File: 429542.gif (2 MB, 450x329) Image search: [Google]
429542.gif
2 MB, 450x329
>>70549754
why even live?
>>
>>70549736

Because he literally came back, you moron.
>>
>>70549771
This.

It's hilarious because it totally undersells the next scene
>>
Fuck you asshole.
>>
>>70549849
>It's hilarious because it totally undersells the next scene

exactly
>>
>>70549736
>It's just a deadpan response that the Terminator said to some random police officer.
No shit, almost like something a machine would say.
>>
>it also wasn't used as something badass to say before doing something cool

Are you stupid? He said this before driving through the front fucking door
>>
>>70549736
He plays an autistic cyborg killer from the future. The whole fucking movie is hilarious because of how straight he plays it. He fucks it up in the sequels where he actually becomes self-aware a little bit and becomes an A.I. normie
>>
File: cock.png (520 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
cock.png
520 KB, 1280x534
>>70549754
>>
File: T1.webm (3 MB, 576x312) Image search: [Google]
T1.webm
3 MB, 576x312
>>70549736
It precedes one of the best scenes in action movie history
>>
>>70549754
he's the penitor
>>
>>70549754
That is a large penis.
>>
>>70549736
>If you go back and watch the first time it was spoken in the first Terminator film

You mean in Commando
>>
>>70549754

damn thats a big dick
>>
>>70549754

WHALE DICK
>>
>>70549976
Now what is that from? I remember it from some shitty YouTube video, and I think I saw the source one time and freaked out because I recognized it, but I don't remember what it was.
>>
>>70550006

I love the Terminator's thought process.

>Okay, I'll try the social route
>doesn't immeddiately work
>Goes into kill crazy mode
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.