[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any show ever had a worse ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Prisoner.jpg (20 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
Prisoner.jpg
20 KB, 250x251
Has any show ever had a worse ending?
>>
>>70546390
No one here is going to know this series.
Post screens from the modern remake set in a desert.
>>
>>70546390
They wrote a comic thirty years after this show ended where he was just a crazy old bum on the now deserted island
>>70547622
I only know about this show because of the Iron Maiden song
>>
>>70547949

>They wrote a comic thirty years after this show ended where he was just a crazy old bum on the now deserted island

It wasn't canon though. It actually made sense the way they explained it as a drug induced psychodrama to break Number Six into accepting his new role as Number One, but that's not at all what Patrick McGoohan actually endorsed as what happened in the TV series.
>>
>>70547999
what did McGoohan want the series to convey?
>>
>>70546390

>BUH DUH ENDING

Fucking moron pleb
>>
>>70546390
NOT A PRISONER!
I'M A FREE MAN!
>>
>>70548352

I'm of the impression he wanted it to convey a lack of coherence. Not even trying to be funny or anything, it just seems from the interviews I've watched of him that his main concern was insisting no one understood what it meant. Reminds me of David Lynch in that respect.
>>
>>70546390
I'm sorry to tell you thid, OP, but it was legitimately 2deep4you.
>>
>>70546390

Dexter.
>>
>>70548749

Deep is just code for incoherent.
>>
>>70548772

Dexter was already a shit show long before the ending though so it didn't really sting as much when the ending turned out to be low quality.
>>
>>70548777
It was allegorical.

Here's an interview he did for Canadian Public Television that might clear things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiIUnCMpGbM
>>
>>70548835

You know you can have both allegorical meaning and a coherent plot, right? Using allegory as an excuse to stop making sense is lazy.
>>
>>70546390
Thanks for posting something unique OP, I've never heard of the show...is it worth watching?
>>
>>70548835
>smoking in a live studio interview
Truly a better time
>>
>>70548920
What part didn't make sense?
>>
>>70547622
>the modern remake set in a desert.

I wasn't hugely impressed with the remake, but the acting was top notch. Ian McKellen's delivery was just soooo ominous.

There is no out. There is only in.

Gives me chills just thinking about it.
>>
>>70548724
interesting
>>
>>70548941

>is it worth watching?

Yes. There aren't many episodes and it's a classic.
>>
>>70548941
Very much so. It's brilliant.
>>
>>70548984

None of it made sense. Number 6 was led down into some metaphor court trial, another prisoner made everyone in the court start dancing to a song, then number 2 was metaphorically brought back to life by shaving his face or something and spits at the number 1 camera, then they start fighting and shooting and number 6 runs into number 1 who is himself wearing a monkey mask underneath another mask, then they blow up the village and return to England but it turns out they haven't escaped for real because the door closes automatically the same way it did at the village.

Having metaphorical meaning is fine, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to stop making sense.
>>
>>70547999
"It was drugs lol" seems like a lazy rationalization that reduces the impact of the whole series.

Mirin those trips though Number 9.
>What do you want?
>We want repeating digits. Repeating digits. REPEATING DIGITS.
>>
>>70549971

Any plot that actually works rationally would be less lazy than the actual finale was.
>>
SO HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD
>>
>>70548835
>if you were making this show now and had to look ahead to the 80's, what would be the enemy?

>progress
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.