[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Marvel supporters explain picrelated? Can they defend the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1465175014244.jpg (594 KB, 1650x2272) Image search: [Google]
1465175014244.jpg
594 KB, 1650x2272
Can Marvel supporters explain picrelated? Can they defend the exceutives for accepting giving the rights to Disney and ruining the potential their shared universe could have?

Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.
>>
Captain Kino: the first avenger
>>
>>70542020
>tfw it wasn't until this year that people started respecting The First Avenger for the capekino that it is even when based Joe Johnston literally remade The Rocketeer for you schmucks.

I will always defend it as the second best comic book movie after Batman '89.
>>
>>70543471
Both posters are the same too.
>>
>>70542020
Early on Marvel got legitimate film directors for their movies. Joe Johnston, Kenneth Branagh, Jon Favreau, and Louis Leterrier. Not necessarily big names, but people who had helmed big movies and could be trusted to do a decent job. But they had their own ideas and wishes that clashed with what Marvel as a whole wanted.

Then avengers happened and it was directed by a guy who was basically a TV director. Marvel execs realized that they could basically hire TV directors for cheap and they'd be much easier to control since they're no-names.
>>
>>70543471
this. fuck you faggots for realizing this 5 years too late
>>
>>70543667
Jon Favreau is probably the reason why the first Captain America was so good. He always puts a lot of passion into his movies.
>>
>>70543836
>Jon Favreau is probably the reason why the first Captain America was so good.
>jon favearu

nigga wht
>>
>>70543667
You forgot that all of the Phase 1 movies except for The Avengers weren't made under Disney.
>>
>>70543868
oh I thought he directed it I guess I was wrong
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.