[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was that 70's show the last great tv show with a laugh track?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 70s show.jpg (52 KB, 369x627) Image search: [Google]
70s show.jpg
52 KB, 369x627
Was that 70's show the last great tv show with a laugh track?
>>
Seinfeld was a 90s show, and it was better imo.
>>
>>70539106
This show ended in 2006
>>
It's a shame how much the last season dragged down the overall quality.
>>
>>70539165
Didn't know it lasted that long.
>>
it basically had the standard formula. Relatable mediocre main male character, wise burnout, retarded prettyboy, clueless adorable foreigner, hot tomboy, and hot rich bitch. Now we add some deadbeat parents, parents who don't give a fuck, parents who are good but just stupid, and then the caricature conservative dad and the cute alcoholic overworked mother. At that point all you need is decent writers and you have one fucking good show.
>>
I really loved that 70's show, however I stopped watching because of Donna
>>
>>70539833
can you enlighten me to the wise burnout trope?
>>
>>70539834
Yeah, she turned into a lesbo and erik never really grew up, he stayed whiny.
>>
>>70539764
lol, it ended in 98
>>
>>70538090

desu on a rewatch, 70s show isn't that good. run of the mill laugh track stuff. the only real quality in this show is Kurtwood Smith's performance as Red.
>>
>>70539106
>>70539764
>14 year old actually though that '70s show aired in the '70's

That's enough reddit for me today, I'm out of here
>>
>>70540498
Hyde was top tier and carried the show in my opinion. But you're pretty much right.

Eric and Donna are shit
>>
Lucky Louie.

>>70540671

Same realisation.
>>
I thought it was pretty good for its time, aside from the last season. It still had a crude charm about it, kind of like Married with Children, or early King of the Hill.

However, too much relationship drama and Eric and Donna stuff bring down the show, but it still has a lot of great episodes and situations for a sitcom about a bunch of losers hanging out in a basement.
>>
File: feelsgoodman.png (4 KB, 172x160) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.png
4 KB, 172x160
>>70540671
>>70540783

>tfw when people fall for my shitty bait
>>
>>70541017
>I-I was trolling the whole time!

Go back to class
>>
File: 86986986.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
86986986.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
No, the last great one was HIKINOMYM
>>
I never watched it when it was on so I don't have nostalgia factor and I think it's thoroughly average.
>>
Was till Eric left
>>
>>70541153
I agree.
>>
>>70539855
not the best way to word it but what I meant was the character who often gives sage advice while also being more than a bit of a degenerate. Hyde often gave Eric advice and it was usually pretty solid. However he was also the first character you'd assume would get arrested
>>
>>70541181
Ya,pretty much all the shows by that 70s shows creators were solid too.
>>
That 70's Show wasn't great.

So, no.
>>
>>70541153
>HIMYM
>great

I do not understand this meme.
>>
>>70541181
I still don't know why they didn't cancel the show when Eric and Kelso decided to leave. Was it really that popular at the time?
>>
Red was the only reason to watch the show.

Many things were the beginning of the end before Eric and Kelso left.

1. Hyde dating Jackie
2. Kelso having a kid
Donna dying her hair

Etc., etc.,
>>
>>70541443
Yes
>>
File: BrBa.jpg (160 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
BrBa.jpg
160 KB, 1200x800
Are you telling me that 70's show didn't run in the 70's?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.