[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this movie. Is this the most convincing right-wing movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Just saw this movie. Is this the most convincing right-wing movie ever made?

It's not just right-wing, it's smart right-wing. Its left-wing villains are believable modern archetypes. Swedish Republicans and American tech billionaires.

And it celebrates the parts of being right-wing that are actually very defensible, such as the idea that being restrained and noble means something important.
>>
>movie ends with DUDE ANALSEX LMAO
>right-wing

Choose one (1).

Sodomy is for liberal degenerates.
>>
>>70534908
If a movie has Colin Firth in it, you can count on it having conservative BBC establishment morals.
>>
>>70534908
>>70534984
1) Matthew Vaughn is unironically right-wing FOR ENGLAND. he votes conservative and is pretty equivalent to Jeremy Clarkson. however by American standards that probably makes him a communist.

2) Mark Millar is an epic troll and has admitted to intentionally trying to find combinations of ideas that will upset people. Hence the villains being anti-global warming and liberal: Millar isn't actually saying global warming isn't happening he's just trying to make everyone confused about how they're supposed to react.

3) The movie is also a deconstruction of James Bond in that the villains are actually trying to save the world (they believe) while the heroes are trying to stop it from being saved. In some respects the movie is parodying the right-wing POV by showing how ludicrous it is. Maybe the sequels will expand on this but Kick-ass 2 completely missed the point of what made Kick-ass work so who knows.
>>
>>70535276
Anal sodomy is for liberal degenerates.

Try again.
>>
>>70534908
The only thing stopping me from watching it is that it was designed to rehabilitate chavs.
>>
>>70534908
This movie has its finger on the pulse of the modern internet right-wing. You couldn't ask for a more /pol/ plot point than having a Swedish politician betray his own princess in order to impress a left-wing American figurehead.
>>
>>70535371
it is and it's great, thanks.

enjoy getting married at 19 to the first girl to give you a handjob.
>>
>>70535441
I'm 24 so try making a new strawman argument again, Reddit.
>>
>>70535276
I think Matthew Vaugn is a good director but there was nothing he could do with Kick-Ass 2 as a producer. The original Kick-Ass is a weak link in his filmography, I have no idea why that was every adapted, the comic was absolute shit and rode on its notoriety so that retards thought it was a profound deconstruction of the superhero. Man, fuck off with that. Good director, though. I even enjoyed Stardust.
>>
>>70535500
it was a deconstruction, though. doesn't mean you have to like it. personally I thought Stardust was a horrid Princess Bride wannabe but it was by Neil Gaiman and that retard literally doesn't understand tone so I wasn't surprised when it didn't work for me.
>>
>>70534908
Tons of nobility in bartering freedom for physical affection. At least Bond had the good taste and sense to save the Damsel in Distress knowing he was going to get it just for that.
>>
>>70535276
Kick ass 2 was directed by some scrub
Kingsman 2 will actually have Vaughn involved again
>>
>shooting up a church because jeebus is ebil xd

It's typical leftist trite. No wonder why /tv/mblr never shuts up about it.
>>
>>70538727

But you forget, it was the black liberal degenerate madman who caused that massacre to occur
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.