[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Asian men will get more masculine lead roles in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x353
Do you think Asian men will get more masculine lead roles in Hollywood in the near future?
>>
i will handle the majority of responses for you

>asian men are cucks
>asian men are manlets

personally I would say yes but very slowly. You might get a few movies with glenn once he kicks the bucket on TWD but thats probably it for the forseeable future.
>>
File: kim-daniel-dae.jpg (32 KB, 293x473) Image search: [Google]
kim-daniel-dae.jpg
32 KB, 293x473
>>70527864
Why should they? Most of America is white and mexican, why go for the asian demographic? It wouldn't sell. Plus asians aren't brodude manly, only kung fu manly. An asian couldn't be John McClain.
>>
We all saw Last Samurai, you don't want Hollywood writing Asians.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (57 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
57 KB, 1600x900
Kaneda, what do you see?
>>
>r/asianmasculinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22xbHamdlEE
>>
Asian men are the least masculine group out there
>>
no because asian people have their own cinema which defines their cultural norm of "masculine"

asian americans (2nd gen) are fucking lost cause they feel underrepresented and forget about their ethnic background.

American pop culture is shit. The people who feel they need representation in a shit culture can suck my asian ass.
>>
>>70528419
Except for bronies and children and women.
>>
File: sunshinekaneda.png (327 KB, 990x407) Image search: [Google]
sunshinekaneda.png
327 KB, 990x407
>>70528330
>I can't, the Sunshineâ„¢ is in my eyes

seriously? how do they get away with this?
>>
>>70528443
>bronies
dude 2 0 1 6
>>
>>70528478
You trying to tell me you think bronies are masculine? Use your words, Redditor.
>>
>>70528420
Ip man would have died like 3x over during the fight with the Brit. Like his skull would have broken.

Explain that, athiest
>>
>>70528551
plot skull armor
>>
>>70528017
People responded positively to him being Asian in the walking dead, no one really spoke badly of the interracial relationship either
>>
File: XHUVDFql.jpg (51 KB, 383x478) Image search: [Google]
XHUVDFql.jpg
51 KB, 383x478
>>70528145
>tfw there will never be another Toshiro Mifune
>>
Asian men are slowly coming back.

Still have to recover from the days of Long Duck Dong and Mr. Yunioshi.

Harold and Kumar were great starts.
Then there was Han from F&F, who was arguably the best character from the whole franchise.
Glenn is also another great Asian male representation.
>>
>>70528776
I saved that pic because the guy is very ayy lmao looking
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.