[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside did you like this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: url.jpg (12 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12 KB, 184x273
Memes aside did you like this movie?
>>
I love the dark knight rises in the same way I love euro trip or the room

It's so bad and has no idea how garbage it is
>>
>>70525220
7/10
>>
>>70525220
It's the weakest of the trilogy. The meme scene itself is a prime example of why. Nolan was clearly burnt out by this point and was just trying to wrap this movie series up as stupidly as possible.
>>
Op here, i didn't like the movie as a whole but hardy's perfomance was god-tier
>>
>>70525220
no. i stopped watching after like 40 minutes into the movie. the plane scene can be considered so bad it's good but the rest of it is just boring
>>
>>70525220
yes. hate capeshit normally.. but this trilogy i liked
>>
>>70525220
If this movie hadn't been made, would The Dark Knight had been a good launching pad for the DCEU?
>>
The boat scene was unnecessary

Or, at least have the boat scene before the hospital scene.
>>
>>70525300
It really wasn't though.

The movie was bad. The first 2 are probably the best capeshit ever but this one was truly a bad movie. There is nothing redeeming about it. The actors did there best I suppose but the script was shit.
>>
>>70525220
I think I saw it once or twice and I don't really feel like re-watching it.
I've seen the other two a couple of times. I really like Batman Begins.
>>
>>70525220

It's watchable at best, to see the conclusion of the trilogy.

From the three movies it's worst by far for obvious reasons.

But it did give us baneposting.
>>
>>70525220
No, plot was a total mess with a garbage third act. The plane scene was the best part of the film, and I'm not even memeing.
>>
>>70525415
It's TDKR in the OP.
>>70525220
One of my main disappointments is that CHAOSH motive didn't pay off: besides the initial riot, there's zero feel of an anarchic metropolis taken over by criminals. There's no scale, grandeur to it and it feels much less daring than Joker's havoc or even the Arkham island takeover from Batman Begins.
>>
Everything up until the football field is brilliant and then the rest is garbage, save for the titular Rise.
>>
>>70525594
its so goddamn sad how true that is.
>>
>>70525220
Yes but I still think Begins is the best
>>
>>70525260

Pretty much this. I even fell asleep the first time I watched.
>>
>>70525220
Jesus Christ no
>>
This film is just ridiculous

>So much important information cut, ie, Bane's mask, how it works, how Batman gets back in to the city, etc
>Confusing motivations from its villains, especially Bane
>Strange exposition thrown in that completely ruins flow, the Clean Slate program's explanation, Alfreds storytime, JGL's explanation on how he figured out who Batman was, etc
>Confusing dialogue, made worse by strange editing
>From a cinematography standpoint, there's so much confusing lighting choices and angles used that makes the poor acting even more relevant

It's an absolute mess
>>
File: CIApeak.png (105 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
CIApeak.png
105 KB, 716x768
It was a big movie
>>
>15 minutes of meh action scenes
>Rest of it is like a piss poor political documentary with hilarious dialogue and awful editing

Terrible film overall
>>
This is one of my favourite short movies. Don't get why Nolan made the post-credit scene so long, the story was fine until after the plane crashed.
>>
>>70525220
No, not really. I enjoyed the other two though.

But, if I do remember it right, how did Bruce get back into the city after the river was frozen and the bridges were blown up? Wasn't he malnourished and left with no equipment after escaping the pit?
>>
I like The Dark Knight Rises over The Dark Knight but that's just me.
>>
No sarcasm, it's the best thing I've seen in my lifetime. I've seen everything too. Saw TDKR in real Imax on the Saturday of the opening - it was fucking incredible, I'll never forget.
>>
>>70527152
not just for you. i'm surprised it surpassed TDK in box office
>>
File: 1464541443898.png (934 KB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1464541443898.png
934 KB, 513x1117
>>70527392
>>
Yeah I did but I preferred Batman Begins.
It's good for capeshit but honestly TDK could well be one of the most overrated movies of all time.
>>
>>70527411
reported for breaking global rule #2
>>
>>70525220
7/10

Better than Batman Begins slightly, for it's epicness, but it really is the weakest written of the trilogy.
>>
File: true kino.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
true kino.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>70525220
Yes, GOAT cinematography.
>>
Best ending, very cartoony compared to other series
>>
>>70527342
>But, if I do remember it right, how did Bruce get back into the city after the river was frozen and the bridges were blown up? Wasn't he malnourished and left with no equipment after escaping the pit?
There was a town nearby the pit, he can be seen heading towards it after he crawls out. It is also established in Batman Begins that Bruce is capable of traveling the world and surviving with only the shirt on his back and the shoes on his feet.

Also - Bruce walked across the ice - he learned how to do so in Batman Begins, during the training montage.
>>
>>70527094
>From a cinematography standpoint, there's so much confusing lighting choices
okay, so it wasn't just my copy that looked way too dark/under exposed
>>
>>70527572
I dunno man it was like they filmed it thinking they could just improve it in editing, realised they couldn't, and released the fucking thing anyway
>>
>>70525220
Aidan Gillen stole the spotlight.
>>
>>70527523
Where is any of this stated in the film?

This is my main problem with the film. You have to dive in to fan theories or interviews with the creators to find answers to many of the movie's plotholes, which is also where we found out about Bane's backstory and his mask.
>>
>>70525220
People love to exaggerate for the sake of being edgy memelords. Sure it is flawed, but it's not that terrible. Solid 6/10.

>>70527094
>nitpicking about stupid shit.
>motivations are very clear, you either weren't paying attention or are pretty damn stupid
>"exposition ruining flow", lmao. do you even know what exposition is? the way the exposition was handled was fine for the most part
>muh memes
>cinematography is really no different to that of BB and TDK. same DP.

You're ridiculous.
>>
>>70525376
If they gave Batman a better costume, then yes.
>>
>>70527818
>>nitpicking about stupid shit.
The main villain, who seemingly doesn't feel pain, and how he does so, is barely elaborated on in the film. How the main hero gets back in to the city, isn't shown. How Batman survives the bomb, isn't shown. These aren't "nitpicking" these are core points in the bloody film. Also we're expected to believe that Gordon would send EVERY officer in to the sewers. In fact, we haven't even been shown how the police/Selina/Bruce knows about Bane in the first place. It's very confusing. Bane turns up, lives in the sewers, and that's it.
>>motivations are very clear, you either weren't paying attention or are pretty damn stupid
Bane's motivation is confusing. Talia was a kid when she left, he has a thing for her, for some reason. This isn't shown. Why Talia/Bane want Gotham destroyed isn't overly clear. Corruption? It isn't elaborated on, it's confusing.
>>"exposition ruining flow", lmao. do you even know what exposition is? the way the exposition was handled was fine for the most part
>Fine
>Alfred tells a story about where he'll meet Bruce in Italy and it was awful
>The guy off handedly explaining the clean slate thing was awful
>>muh memes
It became a meme because it was confusing
>>cinematography is really no different to that of BB and TDK. same DP.
There's not a single striking shot in TDKR. BB has a few, and TDK has a lot more. It's completely changed.
>>
i think Nolan and Zimmer elevated capeshit to a point where no other capeshit could reach in terms of art and ideas
>>
>>70527929
I'd like to see Bale in Batflecks suit.

He'd look like a kid wearing his dad's clothes
>>
It's quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. I've seen other shitty movies but they weren't trying to be serious or deep. The characters are completely 2-dimensional, it's overlong and so far up its own ass. I felt no emotion at any point other than wishing it would be over soon.
>>
>>70528279
Probably because Battleck's suit was fucking terrible.
What's up with it being completely made of gray painted papier mache?
>>
>>70528469
>Actor can't fill out a slightly padded cloth suit
>I-it's terrible

Anon pls
>>
>>70528555
No, it's terrible because it looks fucking terrible.
Why would Batman go around in a suit that gives him no protection whatsoever, and looks like something a fan-made cosplay outfit?
>>
>>70528649
>Why would Batman go around in a suit that gives him no protection whatsoever
It has plenty of protection. The cowl is reinforced steel, the gauntlets are the same and the symbol on his chest is steel as well. He's an old grizzled Batman, he goes about like that because he trusts his skills at infiltration and fighting enough to not need padding anymore.

Do you even Batman lore
>>
>>70528777
>middle of a fight
>someone tries to shoot him
>no protection, just normal cloth
>>
>>70528808
>Head for protection
>Gauntlets for defense
>Symbol to provide a target

Do you even Batman lore
>>
>>70528859
>shoot him in the legs, stomach, or arms
>>
>>70528882
Gauntlets.
>>
>>70528117
>Why Talia/Bane want Gotham destroyed isn't overly clear. Corruption? It isn't elaborated on, it's confusing.
it's the same motivation as Ras al Guhl had. They're all league of shadows
>>
>>70528956
So?
It's not like two hands can protect him entirely if you just spray him with an automatic rifle.
>>
>>70528279
He got super jacked for Batman Begins. I'm sure he could fit if he wanted to.
>>
>>70528999
Nigga, he's Batman. They're not going to see him long enough to spray him with ARs.
>>
>>70525220
Not really. It was by far the weakest movie in Nolan's Batman trilogy.

I would still rewatch it over MoS or BvS, though.
>>
Weakest of the trilogy. I re watch occasionally for the memes.

Baneposting provided so many laughs for me when it first started. Evanspost are hit and miss. Still good. Banepost were godlike.
>>
>>70525220

Not a fan of non-animated/comic batman so I didn't watch it until pretty late. At least it explained what the memes are about.

Movie was way better than I expected, much thanks to Bane's voice.
>>
File: 1426313294405.jpg (908 KB, 1635x942) Image search: [Google]
1426313294405.jpg
908 KB, 1635x942
Genuinely enjoyed it. I like it more than The Dark Knight, but it's probably a worse movie overall. The ending is kind of cringey, he should've just died.

Does anybody have the Vietnam CIA for me?
>>
>>70527217
But you're talking about TDKR's prequel - "Bane?"
>>
>>70525220
it. fucking drags on, the taliah chick is ugly, catwoman is terribly cast, and was the joker supposed to be in this? cause if he wasn't and this movie was plan a, my god. and wtf was with Gordon-Levitt
>>
>>70532072
ikr his voice is awesome
>>
>>70534495
the joker was supposed to return but you know what happened
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.