[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie any good? It has high ratings on IMDB and with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: chrome_2016-06-06_19-19-04.png (407 KB, 434x644) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-06_19-19-04.png
407 KB, 434x644
Is this movie any good? It has high ratings on IMDB and with audiences on Rotten Tomatoes, but the critics gave it like 30%.

Who here has seen this? What can I expect? I'm into Sci-Fi shit, but the premise just seems weird to me.
>>
who gives a fuck what rt or imdb think

theres no movie like equilbrium you really have to see it if you haven't

it's not deep or anythng just a cool premise with great acting performances
>>
>>70524240

Yes it's good, classic Balecore
>>
File: 1364284557668.png (803 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
1364284557668.png
803 KB, 1280x544
Just going to leave this here
>>
it's shit
>>
It's great, the muzzle flashes are mostly real thanks to some cool muzzle breaks they made just for the movie. Really solid action film. Plus it's got William Fichtner. He's never done anything bad
>>
>>70524240
I thought it was enjoyable. The action is good, the dystopian setting and style of the film are both great quality. I really enjoyed how it was filmed. I don't remember a lot other than the action and aesthetic though, I should re-watch it. I remember really liking it when I saw it several years ago.
>>
>>70524240
it's good stupid fun, somewhat like the Matrix but not as great
>>
>>70525449
It does have jew ovens though
>>
It was great, but vastly overshadowed by The Matrix.
>>
It's pretty cool
>>
It's one of the few movies that covers a dystopian utilitarian society.

It's pretty unique you should watch it.
>>
>>70524240

It's a fun flick if that's what you're after
>>
>>70524240
Critics be like
Whats this?
>>
>>70525603

they kinda shoot thenselves in the foot when the marketing keep telling to ´´Forget Matrix!``
>>
>>70524240
It's literally just 1984 with action scenes, so yeah it's a fun movie.
>>
The action is good but it's not particularly smart. It's like a notch below Doomsday in regards to how insulted your senses will feel.
>>
It has dubs guy as a techno priest in a dystopian future with lots of guns or something
>>
>>70526986

Equilibrium is one of my favorite movies but the action leaves something to be desired, I would have enjoyed it more if the fight scenes were more like John Wick, for example
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-01_18-43-57.png (316 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-01_18-43-57.png
316 KB, 500x332
Thank you all, I have decided that I will give it a watch.
>>
>>70524240
>RT
>IndianMDB
How about you watch it and think for yourself for once
>>
>>70528067
I use them as kind of a general gauge in very specific circumstances like this.

It's where I'm initially interested, read the premise and think it's kind of odd, and just want a very general overview. I have other movies I could watch, but I understand how weird this sounds to an outsider. Just trust me on this. If you don't, I will take a shit in your kitchen when you least expect it.
>>
>>70524240
I haven't finished it, but we watched the opening in my old high school English class while discussing Fahrenheit 451.

The Gun-kata is fucking amazing from what I've seen though.
>>
>>70524240
gun-kata and sean bean dying, what more could you wish for?
>>
>>70524240
fahrenheit 451+ matrix
>>
>>70524240
It's okay, kind of a gay 1984 knockoff about feelings being as important as logic

It's less well done and more forgettable than V for Vendetta, which is in the same vein
>>
Its not bad
>>
>>70524240
It's fun as shit to watch, but the plot/characterization is less than stellar after the protagonist decides to fight "the system."
Atmosphere of the setting really carries the movie, as well as the very seamless sci-fi action.
>>
>>70524240
how the fuck?
7.5 rating on IMDB and 225k people rated it?

I thought this film was a financial and critical failure?
>>
>>70524240
I loved the concept, but couldn't get past the action scenes. EVERY fight is christian bale fighting guys grouped in a circle around him. Every single one.
>>
>>70524240
Yeah, I surprisingly enjoyed it. Give it a go.
>>
>>70524240
It's shit with some of the most ridiculous gun-play ever filmed.
>>
>>70528282
>>70528807
Fucking thank you, I am so sick of people saying it was based on 1984.
>>
I love it. The aesthetics are absolutely perfect.
Gunkata looks so cool if you don't mind something like this >>70529266
>>
>>70529123
Everyone saw it on dvd and pirate bay.
>>
>>70529266
Except when he's fighting the Father, and the two occasions when he's fighting the black guy. And gun kata says you must position yourself somewhere where the opponents can't shoot you without shooting each other, and that's in the middle of the circle.
>>
>>70528147
>general gauge
It means nothing in this day an age where 90% of it are paid reviews,voting bots and bad taste in general.
Outsider I am not Ive been to this dump for the past 7 year.
Your way of thinking is shit and you should reevaluate it.
>>
>>70524240
I watched the shit out of this on DVD back in freshman year of college in 2004.

It's basically like a choppy, half-realized incoherent 1970s mid-budget future dystopia movie (think Soylent Green, Logan's Run, THX-1138, or Zardoz) crossed with an early Hollywood-era John Woo film.

And it's exactly the mix of "monumentally stupid" and "entertaining as hell" that you would expect it to be.
>>
>>70529371
They're basically the same thing. 1984 had censorship in it as well and was written much better.
>>
>>70524240
It's pretty good. Cheap props, though. All the bad guys just wear motorcycle helmets.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.