[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reviews have been extremely mixed and its box office performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 378937939732.jpg (2 MB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
378937939732.jpg
2 MB, 2184x1152
Reviews have been extremely mixed and its box office performance isn't all that inspiring (major weekend drop: 66.9%). Would it be wise to continue with what Bryan Singer started? Is it time to reboot the franchise, bringing in new actors and a fresh continuity? Or sell the rights back to Marvel?
>>
better question why do you care about this shit at all
>>
>>70523499
Many people want quicksilver movie now,
It will be foolish not to made one.
>>
File: disgusted bush.jpg (41 KB, 398x382) Image search: [Google]
disgusted bush.jpg
41 KB, 398x382
>>70523499

>basing your opinion on what the shows say
>>
>>70523627
sweet dreams are made
>>
>>70523627
But it's also a difficult task
>>
>>70523499
Its a sign to return the x men to marvel
>>
>>70523499
Movie would have been better if Jlaw wasn't in it and Apocalypse actually had depth and motive. None of it mattered and just seemed like an excuse for Singer to get the franchise back to where it was pre-Last Stand.
>>
File: 85188.png (49 KB, 153x105) Image search: [Google]
85188.png
49 KB, 153x105
ew
>>
I haven't watched much modern capeshit, but am I wrong to think those costumes look like garbage? I remember the X-Men movies from a decade ago looking better than this. The makeup is so poorly done.
>>
People don't connect with the characters.
>>
>>70523990
I wanted to connect my benis to Psylocke
>>
>>70523969
It's Singer, so we get the same gay fetishist leather ensemble for 2 decades.
>>
This is already the reboot, if you didn't notice
>>
>>70523499
it was the best xmen movie.. what the fuck is wrong with people.
they want Jlaw gone= stupid idea.. she is the heart of this adaption.
they want Singer gone= he is the godfather of capekino.
they may as well just stop making xmen movies if they reboot again.
>>
>>70523969
You're not wrong.

Singer never really understood what superhero costumes are supposed to look like, which is why he replaced all of them with leather motorcycle suites in the first X-men movie.

I don't think Singer is a bad director, but I think he's a poor choice to make a faithful adaptation of a cape comic.
>>
>>70524396
Hey Bryan and/or Jennifer Lawrence. Not even gonna ask you a question. Fuck off.
>>
>>70524362
Spider-Man was rebooted three times in 14 years. Maybe a completely new creative vision is needed. And won't contracts for some of the actors be expiring soon? Would that want to remain on what might be a sinking ship?
>>
>>70524396
>they want Jlaw gone= stupid idea.. she is the heart of this adaption.

That's the problem. Mystique is not a main x-men character. We're not supposed to know her. We're not supposed to understand her motivations or history. We're not supposed to empathize with her.

She's not supposed to be on the main 'good guys' x-men team.

She's supposed to be the mysterious third party with her own agenda. Her past, her age, all of that is supposed to be shrouded in mystery. That's the whole point.

She's supposed to be a lemme fatale thief and assassin that never looses her cool and never lets anyone see behind the mask. This entire role and characterization is summed up right in her fucking name: MYSTIQUE

She's an antagonist, not a protagonist, and a murky one at that.

Singer has completely destroyed everythign that she's supposed to represent in the comics.

Fuck this adaptation, and fuck Jlaw. They had to shoehorn the character in to a moronic starring role because they lucked into JLAW becoming a bankable actor and want to milk her fame. And they were willing to sacrifice good writing to make it happen.
>>
>>70523499

>movie is better than captain america civil war
>does worse

life is not fair
>>
>>70523499
Watching it right now.

Last time i checked wasnt storm originally from nubia(i think) and she was born with white hair.

Why the fuck was she egyptian?
She could have easily traveled there, but it didnt seem that way.

Its already started off a bit dull compared to DOFP going on my first judgement, but ill save the critique for when im finished.
>>
File: xmen.jpg (49 KB, 1275x533) Image search: [Google]
xmen.jpg
49 KB, 1275x533
so, did they just forget about this scene or why was wolverine captured again?
>>
File: not jlaw.gif (4 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
not jlaw.gif
4 MB, 480x320
>>70524625
>We're not supposed to know her. We're not supposed to understand her motivations or history. We're not supposed to empathize with her.

I could get behind her desu

Also she's been occasionally given sympathetic POV's in comics so it's fine if the films go that way.
>>
>>70524702
>movie is better than captain america civil war
So far no its not and i doubt that it is.

So fuck off with your shit opinion
>>
>>70524816
They had to save time to get a Wolverin cameo in it.
>>
>>70523499
>that image
trigger warning shitlord
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.