[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this since the second one is coming out. What did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: now_you_see_me_ver3_xlg.jpg (209 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
now_you_see_me_ver3_xlg.jpg
209 KB, 1000x750
Just watched this since the second one is coming out. What did /tv/ think about it? I genuinely enjoyed it.
>>
I think you're a disgusting pleb.
>>
>>70520269
Why?
>>
I liked the scene in the plane
>>
its fucking garbage.

it goes for a sort of symbiosis of oceans 11 and the prestige and fails on almost every single level. 4/10
>>
>>70520154
Drooling shit, fucking awful.

>le quirky jew magician lol
>the woman
>le drunk guy xDDD
>le young one
>>
It's ok but BvS is clearly superior
>>
It's a dumb movie who pretends to be smart. It's shit.
>>
Cringe worthy garbage
>>
Most pseudo intellectual 17-25yr olds hate it. They want to fit in with the cool kids.

I'm 31 and feel like I can overlook a lot of the silliness. Enjoyed it a lot.
>>
I just can't understand how you can make a movie about street magic but using CGi to make it work, it looks even worse in the second film.

It's like having a movie about stunt doubles but everytime there's a big stunt it's a cgi double
>>
How could they not name the sequel "Now you dont"
>>
it was ok. can't remember much that happened but i remember being satisfied enough to think to myself that it was acceptable for me to have spent my time viewing it.
>>
>>70520741
#truth
>>
>>70520699
>I'm 31
You're 13-19 for sure
>>
>>70520154
I hope you're talking bout the extended cut
>>
>>70520154
worst film i've ever seen
>>
1. This movie was terrible.

2. How the fuck is there a sequel? The ending to the first was "IT WAS LITERALLY MAGIC LOL." How can there be any threat to them from this point?
>>
>>70521235
The magician's circle is actually a cabal of super wizards who control the world with their not jew magic, the only people who can stop them by revealing their secrets are other magicians!

Cue inception bongs
>>
7/10 decent heist movie wished there was more practical effects instead of CGI for the magic tricks.
I think I have a good opinion of it because the last heist movie I saw was technically Fast and Furious 6. So that tells you where the bar was set.

>>70521235
Someone didn't see the extended edition
> Ruffalo sits on the bridge with QT agent
> Pretty much explains that everything was fake and this was all a plan to get back at the people who he believed killed his dad
> But he didn't expect to find love~
> Sit there for a whole year thinking Ruffalo's character killed the other magicians once he was done with them since he pretty much stated the Eye of Horus didn't exist.

I wonder how they're going to walk that back.
>>
>>70521820
Someone saw the extended edition.
>>
stupid plotline and the worst imaginable twist ever. Why would you tell a story about magicians if they are all actually wizards in the first place?

The fact that they even went so far with explaning the first trick makes it more disappointing when in the end everything is just full-on CGI wizardry.
>>
>>70520154

Stupid plot twist with Mark Ruffalo's character.

The entire premise doesn't make sense because of the plot twist.

Would be better as a straight up crime film with Magicians stealing money
>>
>>70521915
nice filename reddit
>>
Would have been better as a comedy. Everything came off as tryhard. Jessie especially.
>>
I think you should go back to /v/ you fucking moron
>>
The first movie was one of the worst things I've ever seen. It was all over the place with no real main character and that ending holy shit that ending was the laziest piece of writing. The fact a sequel was made just goes to show you the tripe people will continue to pay for.
>>
>>70520154
It was actually one of the worst movies ive ever seen
>>
Hate the cast. Jesse "reddit" Eisenberg, Mark "cuck" Ruffalo, Dave "not James" Franco. Fucking millenial gutter trash
>>
I almost enjoyed the movie for what it was, but there were two things that I just couldn't get past.

1. Rufallo's plot twist, he obviously went too far into playing the police, almost costing the life of at least one of the magicians, if I remember correctly.

2. The fucking safe scene where they just put a mirror in front of it (something along those lines that makes it seem like its not there). How could they possibly have fallen for that? They literally just used the trick the show before they pulled off that heist, they even had Morgan Freeman aka the fucking Magebuster alongside them and they didn't see that coming?

Hell, had someone had he clumsiness to bump or trip into the mirror their plan would've fallen apart instantly, but apparently they're just too retarded to even do that much.
>>
>>70520154
>I genuinely enjoyed it.
FUCK OFF
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.