[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meh, this is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Evans is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: top gear.png (749 KB, 648x405) Image search: [Google]
top gear.png
749 KB, 648x405
Meh, this is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Evans is a bit annoying, but Le Blanc is a pretty comfy narrator to listen to. They just need a 3rd host who can add a bit more spark/rivalry to it, or replace Evans.

Glad it's not a total train wreck, means with the Amazon show there's 2 car shows to watch
>>
>>70488368
go to bed Chris. FACT.
>>
Its trash chris, FACT.
>>
>>70488408
>>70488450
>FACT

Is there some meme I missed out on?
>>
>>70488408
>>70488450
Don't tell me FACTposting is a thing now? Did he say it too much?
>>
>>70488408
>>70488450
FACT. You gotta start the sentence with FACT.
>>
>>70488368
Le Blanc might be an ok host
of the american version
or a different show
or doing a segment on the old top gear
but they aren't as fun as the old guys, they were just 3 friends ribbing each other like real friends do
>>
>>70488508
Ginger Faggots twitter rant.
>>
>>70488588
This. I don't have anything against LeBlanc and he might have actually been good as a host. In another show.
>>
>>70488588
I agree, i'll watch the Amazon show too, but some people are acting like this is unwatchable shit, when it's alright standing on it's own as a car show
>>
>>70488695

In fairness evans's opening for the celebs in the car was unwatchable
>>
>>70488695
chris fucking stop, its shit now fuck off back to your radio bullshit, FACT.
>>
>>70489002
whos chris, are u a retard?
>>
chris evans is the poster boy for skinny fat beta men everywhere FACT
>>
>>70489078
i had to google the name just to see who u meant. seems dumb but hey 99% of posts are so sounds like ur fitting right in.
>>
what makes the dude from friends so likable
>>
>>70488368

it's not good enough, i find myself skipping through most moments where Evans is speaking, his voice is just so annoying

although the chemistry between the old boys is what i miss the most, i don't expect the newbies to have that down

but i did expect i'd atleast warm up to Evans more over time, but it just isn't happening, i can't stand watching or listening to him, and that's the majority of the show

think i'm done watching TG for now
>>
>>70489212
charisma
>>
>>70488368
I have a few issues

Chris:
>Shouting too much and generally using a radio voice which sucks for TV
>Doesn't know shit about cars all he does is buy expensive ones, the mac user of car owners
>Thinks the audiance are retards and will love something if he says "wow" "amazing" enough times
>Doesn't know how to banter or do the celebrity segments without it feeling like there are brand names on the screen at all times
>He's not funny

Matt:
>His LA accent doesn't feel comfy in a British show
>Clearly doesn't have passion for the show
>Sounds too scripted
>He's a literal 5/10 but next to Chris' 2/10 he seems better than he is
>Wont ever know British cars so cheep car challenges are gone unless people buy his shit for him

Rest:
>Fucking where are they?
>No seriously
>The selling feature of the show was all these amazing people
>Did Chris bury them under the studio because they're better than him?
>>
Its not good Chris, FACT
>>
>>70489318
i feel same about him. but at the same time i dont think id enjoy it anymore or leese if they swaped matt and chris around.
>>
I forgot this garbage was even on. I'm already over it, let this trash die.
>>
This is how you can instantly tell you weren't a fan of the original top gear. Yes, it's not horrible, but compared to what it was it's a fucking abomination.
>>
>>70489212
Charisma, people skills, just seems like a chill dude who you could have a beer with
>>
>>70489368
This, you summed evans up really well
>>
>>70489467
>This is how you can instantly tell you weren't a fan of the original top gear.

Wrong, but nice try
>>
>>70488533
he does in like every single tweet
>>
File: 1464715027614.jpg (39 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1464715027614.jpg
39 KB, 640x464
>Evans hasn't said shit on Twitter tonight about viewer numbers

Gee I wonder why?
>>
>>70489582
Guess they're not available yet, also it went up against Soccer Aid which may have hurt it.

Damian Lewis competing against himself on both shows
>>
>>70488533
FACT. it is
>>
>>70489531
How can you prove that you were though? I don't see how a fan of that could like this. I'm not saying it's dogshit but its bland beyond belief
>>
>>70489212

He's a proper alpha male.
>>
File: 1463603716895.jpg (23 KB, 404x422) Image search: [Google]
1463603716895.jpg
23 KB, 404x422
>>70489611
>Guess they're not available ye

That's weird because last week when loads of people tuned in out of morbid curiosity he was on Twitter within the hour running his mouth about numbers.
>>
>>70489611
Or that its shit so nobody watched it
>>
>it's a BBC uses tax payer money to shill on an Cambodian trail running forum episode
>>
>>70489635
>How can you prove that you were though?

I can't, and on an anonymous Taiwanese imageboard I don't really care enough to try
>>
>>70489318
>think i'm done watching TG for now
See you next week.
>>
Only saw the first episode, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Better than when Top Gear US was trying to straight copy the UK version, but worse than what it is now. In a couple years when they get more comfortable with it (and hopefully add another host, making Evans get less air time), it could be pretty decent.
>>
>mfw the big bucks from overseas syndications reduce to near nothing

BBC deserve to get fucked for being bitches.
>>
>>70490723
>thinking the BBC relies on foreign top gear sales

Top Gear made less than 1% of the BBC's income
>>
File: 4g63r.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
4g63r.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>70490763
You do realise that the heads of the BBC still have to answer to the BBC trust, which will kick up shit for them losing millions of free dosh.

This ain't a company that can laugh shit off, this is a governed entity.
>>
>>70490914
What's your point? These conversations were had a long time ago, and they understand the reality of the situation was that Clarkson had to go
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.