[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion of Carlin, honorable members of /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: george_carlin.jpg (30 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
george_carlin.jpg
30 KB, 360x359
What is your opinion of Carlin, honorable members of /tv/?
>>
Left-wing douche.
>>
>>70485252
DUDE FUCK EVERYTHING THE CIRCUS
FRONT ROW SEAT AT ALL AT ALL ASLEEP TO BELIEVE IT
>>
I loved his earlier shit but later on aside the obvious jadedness he got lazy and just figured yeah I'll just shout FUCK THE BANKERS at the audience and they'll cheer and thats easier than writing material cuz I'll die soon anyway
>>
>>70485252
youtube reccomended his videos all the time when I was like 20 and he seemed wise as fuck if only occasionally funny.

Silly voices kind of ruin the whole charade tho. Can't for the life of me think of why you would pay to see a standup like that.
>>
>>70485280
>>70485325
>>70485356
/pol/ leave
>>
people like him because there was no internet back then and complaining about everything like a whiny faggot was still seen as edgy
>>
>>70485252
why are most of the comics from the 80's and 90's unfunny?
>>
I think he has one of the best older years headshots, the lightning on this is just spectacular imo...It's probably why so many people who make posts about him end up using this photo, subconsciously they know it's a damn good picture. About as good as it gets.
>>
DUDE DUDE FUCK THE CHURCH FUCK THE
BANKS LMAO
LOOK HOW ENLIGHTENED AND AWARE I AM
*TIPS FEDORA*
>>
>>70485252

Babbys first redpill

he said real shit, and he was an absolute magician with words

only i didn't think he was really funny, but that's ok, his message was what counted
>>
I thought he was great, his bit about euphemisms is funny as hell and very relevant.
>>
I'd say in terms of memorization of lines, he might be the greatest standup of all time.

He almost never flubbed his lines. That's impressive shit, especially for an older guy.
>>
His audiobooks are better than his standup.
>>
>>70485601
my nigga

He wasn't as edgy or obnoxious as Hicks
>>
>>70486731

i really don't get what people like about hicks, he's the edgy fucktard bragging about his "redpill knowledge"

carlin wasn't like that
>>
>>70487169
Hicks struck a chord with disenfranchised Gen X's. Carlin spoke about things that rang true across several generations and despite what people might say, he was unbiased. He lashed out again the right and the left. Meninists and Feminists.

His only bias was against religion and the rich. Having grown up Catholic, I can fucking sympathize.
>>
>>70485280
What were all of Carlin's left wing opinions? Seriously asking, because he seemed far more Libertarian than anything. I don't expect an answer.
>>
>>70487534

to each his own, i have watched some of hicks' stuff and he made chuckle like once
>>
>>70485522
>lightning
>>
>>70487659
I did like some of Hick's material, but his redpill material always rubbed me the wrong way
>>
>>70487653

Carlin constantly called liberals "a bunch of pussies" throughout his career. I don't think he was left wing at all.
>>
>>70487877

carlin was on the side of carlin

you can't put him in a box
>>
>>70487877
I've read all his books, and I vaguely remember in one of the forwards (I think it was Brain Droppings) he goes into depth about what he considers himself politically. He definitely did not identify with the left. I guess some people only notice when they were the ones being picked on, so they pigeonhole him on the other side.
>>
>>70487653
>you can't be a left wing libertarian
You don't know how political compasses work do you?
>>
>>70485252
Carlin was smart but not knowledgeable. He sensed that there were important questions but was too arrogant to seriously look for the answers.

But more importantly, he is a symptom of a disease that Americans have, where they can only talk about meaningful things when they pretend they're joking. American "comedians" are just politicians.
>>
I don't dislike him, but I think the only time I've ever laughed at him was during his flamethrower bit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.