[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously though, why didn't the Eagles just fly the ring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: eagles_by_tobycarr-d5y8r8k.jpg (270 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
eagles_by_tobycarr-d5y8r8k.jpg
270 KB, 880x587
Seriously though, why didn't the Eagles just fly the ring to Mordor?
>>
File: 1464870973903.jpg (51 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1464870973903.jpg
51 KB, 499x500
>>70481111
They didn't have quads
>>
The Eye of Sauron is actually a magical AA defence system.
>>
>>70481111
The Eagles were like the Ents, they didn't give a fuck
>>
>get spotted by eye of Sauron
>get Zerg rushed by wring wraiths on their flying beasts
>all the orcs set up a defensive perimeter around Mt. Doom
>>
>>70481111
The eagles didnt give two shits about middle-earth and only helped those few times because ganondalf promised them human women to fuck or some shit, that and arrows,nazgul etc.
>>
>>70481111
5 minutes into the flight the eagle carrying Frodo would have been corrupted by the ring. He would have dropped Frodo from on high, then taken the ring off his corpse.
>>
>>70481111
Using the eagles to fly the ring to Mordor is like using only your queen in a chess game.
>>
>>70481111

Eagles eat hobbits and small sheep, grandalf knew these feathery fucks couldnt be trusted.
>>
>>70481111
Tolkien considered the eagles as an explicit plot device and compared using them capriciously to subvert the arduous journey to using a helicopter to fly up Everest when the goal is to climb and conquer it, woop woop juggalo for life mmfwcl.
>>
>>70481111

Not enough birdfood
>>
File: do i look like a fucking taxi.jpg (284 KB, 1280x1128) Image search: [Google]
do i look like a fucking taxi.jpg
284 KB, 1280x1128
>>70481111
>>
>tfw Thorondor will never bring you to Gondolin the Fair
>>
File: Grandalf.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Grandalf.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>70481111

only Gandalf knows the Eagle phone number. he did tell them to fly but they went full emo.
>>
>>70481568
>dwarves riding eagles
Did that happened more than once in Arda's history?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.