[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pawn stay the pawn. >Look, the pawns, man, in the game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: slim charles.jpg (341 KB, 1443x1080) Image search: [Google]
slim charles.jpg
341 KB, 1443x1080
>Pawn stay the pawn.
>Look, the pawns, man, in the game, they get capped quick. They be out the game early.

>Slim Charles literally becomes the CEO

Why did the show just contradict itself like this?
>>
Excuse me, but how exactly did you watch 60 or so episodes of this show? How were you not prepared for something like that in the end?

The Wire always aimed to be as realistic as possible and to closely mimic real life. Some even criticized it for being too real. And because of this, the show is really special. The way the writers don't sensationalize anything. They never play sentimental music over a scene, or try to build up to some grand climax, or try to direct our sympathies or make us feel a certain way. They just show things as they happen.

Even when a monumental character like Omar dies, it's not built up with some big battle with stupid epic music playing, he doesn't give us a big long eulogy. Just, 'BAM!' That's it. Dead. His death changes nothing, means nothing, and yet we're more distraught by it than any character is. Fuck. What a great show.

Maybe we didn't watch the same version?
>>
File: stanislaus-valchek-512x512.jpg (123 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
stanislaus-valchek-512x512.jpg
123 KB, 512x512
>>67682258
>The Wire always aimed to be as realistic as possible and to closely mimic real life.

>I'll go as far as making an entire unit of policemen dedicated to investigating some irrelevant guy just because he took my stained glass window spot at the church

So uhh, The Wire is such a realistic show!
>>
>>67682417
>lets """"legalize"""" drugs in the ghetto and oversee the whole thing with random cops who don't care for the idea

>literally what can go wrong?
>>
>>67682481
don't forget about the genius fake serial killer sub plot!
>>
File: 6.png (99 KB, 275x308) Image search: [Google]
6.png
99 KB, 275x308
everyone knows that only the first season is good
and it is very good
>>
>>67682646
Nah.

4 > 2 > 1 >>>>> shit >>>>> 3 > 5
>>
He was the pawn who made it to the other end you twit
>>
>no D'angelo pasta

/tv/, i am disappointed
>>
>>67681826
>Unless they be some smart ass pawns
>>
PAWN
PRAWN
hehehe
>>
File: 1x9.jpg (26 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1x9.jpg
26 KB, 576x432
>>67681826
>implying based Avon wasnt controlling the whole thing from jail
>>
File: urkel terminator.jpg (25 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
urkel terminator.jpg
25 KB, 506x316
>>67682258
>The Wire always aimed to be as realistic as possible
>>
>>67682417

Stan was really petty and it showed trying to one up Sabotka. When his case against Sabotka grew into the whole drug/human trafficking ring he through a hissy fit.
>>
>>67687231
could have been a good character with a better actor than that manlet
>>
>>67681826
slim looking pretty fat there desu
>>
>>67682417
Wait, you think that part wasn't realistic? Do you realize how fucking petty and vindictive people with even a modicum of power can be?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.