[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Projected to make about the same as the first X-Men movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: xma.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
xma.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>Projected to make about the same as the first X-Men movie.

When other cape movies are making like 700mil - 1bil That's really bad.
>>
Maybe they'll make some changes
>>
>>70480553
considering it has no wolverine as a main, its expected to make less. look at first class
>>
>>70480553
America confirmed for plebs.
>>
>>70480553

It's a victim of civil war leaving a bad taste in every bodies mouth after the bvs kino
>>
>deadpool
Not funny

>BvS
A mess

>civil war
A bore

>Xmen
Dull

>suicide squad
????
>>
>>70481178
hot topic audience
>>
memes aside

it's actually a lot better than civil war. it's not disney and that's why all the negative press is here. but it seriously wasn't bad. 7/10 imo

>dat cringe'y polish
but there it was... even fasbender tried... respect
>>
>>70481196
That was deadpool
>>
>>70481178
A bore? I guess if you have ADHD.
>>
Please never give Olivia Munn work again.
>>
>>70481677

Hi Mouseketeer !

Movies with zero action and just talking could be less boring than Civil War if they well written. Civil War was boring because Disney can't do pacing and tension in a film. It's just full stretches of blad dialog waiting till the next poorly edited action sequence
>>
>>70481178

Where does TMNT 2 fall?
>>
>>70480553
Why does money matter? This is about art, and XMA is the best X-Men movie.
>>
>>70480553
X-Men never grossed a ton. Deadpool is the most successful X-Men film of all time God's sake.

But this one was DOA on arrival. Lame costuming makes everything look dumb (especially Apocalypse), absent marketing, poor critical response and word of mouth.
>>
Apocalypse was the greatest superhero movie of all time.
>>
>>70485147
It's the most "X-Men" X-Men movie.
>>
It was more enjoyable than CW/ BxS
>>
File: 1464918178149.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1464918178149.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>70482450
>27
>>
File: Supershredder.jpg (16 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
Supershredder.jpg
16 KB, 300x291
>>70488057
>>
>>70481178
>>Xmen
>Dull

yes but this one was not just dull. it was straight shit. the powers had no logic (Quicksilver running faster than light, Jean pulling a phoenix out of her ass), the bad guy was laughingly stupid and not threatening, magneto was a joke, the cgi was fucking shit at times, the beast in his true form had amateurish make up and the suits were shit as well. the actor for Cyclops was both shit and a nobody. olivia munn was super sexy... and super useless and pointless. wtf happened with this movie ?
>>
>>70480553
i'm just bored of all xmen movies being potential end of the world scenarios

just give me fassbender doing cool shit
>>
>>70481178
You seem to hate all of them anyways, so why even bothering using "????" ?

Just find a synonym for boredom, boring, dull, bad, terrible, etc... it will fill in the slot.

special snowflakes like you should just kys.
>>
>>70480553
You are still not getting the rights back musketeer.

Also, if there was anything wrong with the movie was trying to be more like the comic books. Should have stayed as a sci fi action movie, not generic capeshit.
>>
>>70488219
>was straight shit. the powers had no logic, Jean pulling a phoenix out of her ass, the bad guy was laughingly stupid and not threatening,

Just like the comic books. I bet you never realized Apocalypse was a joke since AoA in the comic books since clearly you dont read them.
>>
>>70486587
>Lame costuming makes everything look dumb

Singer's departure from the franchise can only mean good things on this front. He's still afraid to have his superheroes dress the part.
>>
>>70490126
>Just like the comic books.

please not that defense line again. At least in the comics Apocalypse is imposing. The movie literally has no plot. Apo is a purple vagrant manlet who at no point does anything at the least bit impressive - I mean not smart, impressive as a mutant to stand out- and his "horsemen" magically follow him. Ming control would have made more sense. Singer is inexcusable for having made like half a dozen x men movies and not making the powers make any sense. Apocalypse was pretty much harry potter tier movie, all the powers were for cosmetic purposes but god forbid they added some drama or sense of danger. Apocalypse himself was a glorified stylist.
>>
>>70481178
>Deadpool
Not great as a film, but amazing as a comic book adaption

>BvS
unironically fantastic. You have to read between the lines a lot, but that will be alleviated with the Ultimate Cut.

>Civil War
Pretty good movie. I'm a fan of the MCU, I expect it to grow on me over time.

>Xmen
Transitional Piece. I think that Bryan Singer really wanted to do a 90's Xmen film, but they have to go through the 80's to do it. Next film will be great.

>suicide squad
I expect it to be low-brow "HEY LOOK WE CAN BE GOOFY TOO" fun. Not good at all, but fun.

also on the topic of comic book adaptions

>TMNT 2
Extremely fun movie. Doesn't deserve the critical bashing.
>>
>>70491165
>apocalypse is purple

You just have yourself away. You haven't seen the movie at all.
>>
>>70480674
lol
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.