[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: TCM.jpg (14 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
TCM.jpg
14 KB, 250x211
Thoughts?
>>
That channel feels like there's Gone With The Wind on at all times
>>
>>70480518
I'm waiting for the streaming service, fuck cable
>>
>>70480518
Memorial day weekend was great. They showed all the classic war movies plus more. All commercial free HD. Decent channel desu.
>>
Pretty good
Used to watch it all the time when I had cable
>>
>>70480780
I watched The Dirty Dozen for the first time. Good movie.
>>
>>70480518
I don't think a week goes by where I don't watch at least two or three movies on there. It's my favorite movie channel with MGM HD a close second.
>>
TCM Underground is cool. You see some weird shit on there.
>>
TCM underground was the only cool aspect, and it's rarely around anymore. The channel basically exists as background noise for grandmothers and grandfathers in nursing homes.

Apparently all movies made before 1950 are five-star cinema...I never understood this, considering how incredibly boring and stiff these films are. You have the "whad'ya know Joe" guy from Brooklyn enlisted in "da Aaarmy" goin to fight "da Japs"...you have "speedy Sam", a criminal--also from Brooklyn, on the run "from da coppers"...then there's the white guy teaching ooga-booga tribes how to act civilized...and on and on. And of course (like Hindi movies) no matter what the genre there has to be tap dancing and singing with a big band out of nowhere...

I mean, put Taxi Driver up against every movie they show on TCM and Taxi Driver wins every time. From soundtrack to substance to action to being shot in fucking color. And Taxi Driver is a classic movie--much more deserving to be on a station called Turner Classic Movies than some bullshit movie from 1937 that nobody except for your great grandfather cares about...
>>
>>70482323
The Church last night was great.
>>
>>70480720
Impatient millennials
>>
>>70482567
Here's the attention you so desperately crave. Happy now? Now run along and post some "funny" memes, okay?
>>
Don't have cable but I watch when I can.

Hoping Filmstruck is as cool as it sounds. I use hulu for criterion a lot so that plus tcm library and curation should be fantastic.
>>
>>70480518
They always shows the same 4 movies in my country.
>The Fugitive
>The Sound of Music
>Pink Floyd The Wall
>The Ring
>>
My Dish package doesn't include it and I'm not paying an extra 10 bucks a month for it.

I really enjoyed the old time shorts and newsreels they'd show between films.
>>
Pretty good channel.
>>
>>70482745
it has nothing to do with patience, cable/satellite is a waste of money

TCM is one of the few channels I would watch if I did have a cable package

FilmStruck when?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.