[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Arrive to new region >Bring horse to a halt >Say name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Roturn_King-Minas_Tirith.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Roturn_King-Minas_Tirith.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1080
>Arrive to new region
>Bring horse to a halt
>Say name of region outloud
>Continue riding towards the city
>>
>>70479822
name one movie where this happens
>>
>Come down stairs
>Pause on last step
>Say "the living room"
>Then walk into it
>>
>>70479842
scene in pic and several other times
>>
>>70479822
>be OP
>go on /tv/
>pause
>cry
>make same thread as again
>repeat daily until scuicide
>>
>>70479822

Where are the farms?

0/10 would never want to be besieged
>>
>>70479842
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Extended Edition)
>>
>>70479822
Is he on his own or does he at least have Pippin with him? Kinda telling him "we in Gondor"?
>>
File: Untitled.png (23 KB, 814x870) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23 KB, 814x870
>>70479822

I think this is the bigger problem
>>
>>70480077
The need for produce was diminished once meat went back on the menu
>>
He was a senile old man
>>
>>70483246
There's a big wall around Pelennor which might explain it. It was probably still manned that early in the war. Just my headcanon though.
>>
>>70483391

kek,
>>
File: 307.jpg (31 KB, 680x591) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
31 KB, 680x591
>>70479822
>two characters who are scientists hatch a plan
>one of them summarizes the plan with a simple methapor
>"of course, its like putting to much air in a balloon"
>>
>>70483681
"I know you're a scientist too, but let me explain it to you like you're five, cause breaking immersion is better than breaking the 4th wall."
>>
>>70483630

What about when Rohan arrived?
>>
>>70483630
>he has never read the books
lol faq
>>
>movie shows a new location
>writing appears at the bottom of the screen to tell you where it is

Lazy t.b.h
>>
>>70479822
>not doing this irl
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 804x743
>character goes to bed
>doesn't struggle all night with an itchy anus
>>
>>70485657

Those characters have a well balanced diet and dont weigh 400 pounds you know.
>>
>>70479822
>travelling with young man from the countryside who's never seen anything the likes of this giant, seven layered city fortress
>give him a second to take in the scope and magnitude of just how fucking epic it is.

Gandalf was always stopping to teach the hobbits something about the region they were in. Ain't no thing here worthy of discussion.
>>
>>70480077
This is really lame, why didn't they include the farms and homesteads? It would have been far more menacing and emotional to see the Mordor army burning and pillaging as they approached the city and would have made Gondor feel much more lived in.
>>
>>70480103
OP pic is fellowship of the ring tho, u fukd up
>>
>>70485751
Yeah, I don't really get this meme. He's talking to Pippin.
>>
>>70485712
And they probably wash themselves instead of only wiping.
>>
File: Scum & Villainy.png (1 MB, 1032x453) Image search: [Google]
Scum & Villainy.png
1 MB, 1032x453
>>70479842
Star Wars, if you replace 'horse' with 'speeder'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRPVsN2SVM
>>
>>70479842

Star Wars. (not a horse though).

Lawrence of Arabia. (not a city though, a desert waste that must be crossed - maybe 2-3 instances of the trope).

These do not substantively alter OP's thing. They are legitimate examples of same.
>>
File: and why would I want that.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
and why would I want that.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>70485751
>Ain't no thing here worthy of discussion.
im not sure if you know where you are
>>
>>70479822
actually, when you're traveling with people, you usually do stop and point the place out when you begin to see it in the distance. it's quite normal

maybe if you never get out and travel and don't know the experience, you'd think it sounds like an illogical, plot device-y thing to do, but it makes sense.

when you're traveling to a destination... some new city or park or landmark, you're going to make a big deal about finally seeing it
>>
>>70485851

And now we start to realize why Alec found the flick such a boring check to cash, but cash it he did.

I know he hated the whole project generally, from an artistic standpoint, but my dad always claimed to had read or watched some old story about one scene in particular: when Obi Wan "Senses" that Alderaan has been destroyed in its entirety and tells Luke to go back to the lightsaber exercise, dad sez that Alec sez that that was the single worst piece of acting that he (Alec) had ever done in his entire life.
>>
>>70485756
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHKmBMq7FMo
>>
>>70483391
lmaoing hard
>>
File: 4ch.jpg (48 KB, 845x383) Image search: [Google]
4ch.jpg
48 KB, 845x383
>>70485462
>>
Caught myself doing this irl the other day.

>open fridge
>roommate restocked it
>"now THIS is fridgekino"
>wait what the fuck did i just say

I need to stop coming here.
>>
>>70485991
>when Obi Wan "Senses" that Alderaan has been destroyed in its entirety and tells Luke to go back to the lightsaber exercise, dad sez that Alec sez that that was the single worst piece of acting that he (Alec) had ever done in his entire life.

But it was pretty alright what kind of horse does Alec think he's riding?
>>
>>70484606
Yes I have. What gives you that impression?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.