[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aronofsky originally planned to direct The Fountain on a $70
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1415559954335.jpg (991 KB, 2122x1574) Image search: [Google]
1415559954335.jpg
991 KB, 2122x1574
Aronofsky originally planned to direct The Fountain on a $70 million budget with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett in the lead roles, but Pitt's withdrawal and cost overruns led Warner Bros. to shut down production.

Would it be better or worse if the original plan was succeeded?
>>
>>70479400
It's garbage because Aronofsky is a hack, it would have been shit no matter the budget
>>
>>70479400
i only cared about the fountain because of rachel weisz
>>
>>70479400
well now he could cast his waifu rachel weisz

why did you have to cheat on her with natalie, darren
why
>>
I like the film we ended up with but I can't imagine what it would have been like with double the budget
>>
I always imagined it would be literally The Tree of Life with Brad Pitt.
>>
It's fine the way it is.

What made the movie wasn't the actors, it was the music and visuals.
>>
>>70479851
Wouldn't they be even better with a bigger budget?
>>
>>70479901

no. The music is near-flawless and the visuals used a neat method of magnifying and twisting images of bacteria under a microscope. It really was marvelous to watch the making of it.
>>
>>70479400

It can't be worse than it is.

Honestly the worst movie I've seen. Wasted potential, bullshit "story comes to life in images", and contradicting bullshit that doesn't work out at all.

This movie is like what a quarter of a Kubrick would come out with. It's shit.
>>
The moment Wolverine turns into a floating Buddhist, I exploded with laughter. Fucking hell...
>>
File: 1358026710224.gif (520 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
1358026710224.gif
520 KB, 500x238
>>70479503
>I like the film we ended up with

>>70479851
>It's fine the way it is.
>>
>>70480412
transformers 5 will come out soon enough, don't you worry
>>
>>70480360
>:Honestly the worst movie I've seen
The Fountain is not a movie, what the hell are you talking about.
>>
>>70480497
>transformers 5 will come out soon enough, don't you worry

I'm sorry, friend, but if you think The Fountain is closer to Tree of Life than it is of Transformers, you weren't paying attention.
>>
File: Marina-Abromovic-Cry-3.jpg (60 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
Marina-Abromovic-Cry-3.jpg
60 KB, 480x477
this is legit one of my top 5 films

you guys need to stop being so cynical and actually enjoy things
>>
>>70480868

I think this way usually, but The Fountain was too fucking horrible to be enjoyed in any single way.

It tried too hard and in all the wrong ways. It came out as if imagined up by some teenager.

I'm sorry. I enjoy most things, most films, but this I couldn't take. I very rarely hate a movie, or think something is shit, but this I do.
>>
>>70480868
You should tell that to Aronofsky too. Fag is a total edgelord
>>
>>70480360
wew, is summer here already?
>>
>>70481047
To be fair, I think even on rotten tomatoes it is about 50% exactly, which reflects the general marmite attitude towards this film.

People seem to either like it or hate it, I fall into the first group.
>>
>>70480568
I think your constant memeing is causing you serious psychiatric distress. You need to get some help. Or just kill yourself.
>>
>>70480868
It's just one faggot with a hateboner, ignore.
>>
>>70481601
>he thinks the difference between a film, a flick, a movie and a kino is a meme
Hi, Reddit, enjoying 4chan?
>>
>>70481666
Is this is what brain damage looks like?
>>
File: Reddit.jpg (242 KB, 750x946) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.jpg
242 KB, 750x946
>>70482026
>he is from Reddit
>I have brain damage
Just kill yourself.
>>
The Fountain was fucking great, and the OST is absolute elder god tier

Shitters with pleb taste prob complain that there werent many battle scenes in the movie
>>
>>70482147
And paranoid? I think you need to go outside and get some fresh air for once.
>>
>>70482427
>I think you need to go outside and get some fresh air for once.
Literally normaltard tier reddit, the post.
>>
>>70482914
For someone who is terrified of the reddit boogeyman you sure like to talk about it in every post. Just go back into your little fort where they can't get you.
>>
>>70483258
If that makes tou sleep well, Reddit...

I bet you also are into capeshit and hates baneposting.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.