[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I have been so great in boxing they had to create an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>"I have been so great in boxing they had to create an image like Rocky, a white image on the screen, to counteract my image in the ring. America has to have its white images, no matter where it gets them. Jesus, Wonder Woman, Tarzan and Rocky." - Muhammad Ali

What are some other good films about White Mediocrity vs Black Excellence?
>>
And before someone tries to say Ali was being racist rather than making an insightful cultural observation, please witness the absence of butthurt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nftb43LL5g
>>
>>70478026
>>
>>70477937

What a stupid fricking "sport".
>>
Nothing?
>>
Inoki was better
>>
File: 1405572239366.jpg (76 KB, 750x390) Image search: [Google]
1405572239366.jpg
76 KB, 750x390
>>70477937
>italian
>white
>>
>>70479083

literally who
>>
>>70479184

Italians are my favourite whites.

>dat food
>dem wimmenz
>dat history and culture
>dat scenery
>>
>>70478026
we won't say that because, by definition, black people cannot be racist.
>>
>>70481171
>black people cannot be racist

Of course we can. There are many forms of racism. Racial oppression and social discrimination is of course going to be a lot more difficult and less likely if you're historically oppressed or systematically discriminated against, but that doesn't mean that a black person is incapable of racial biases, racial prejudices or racial hatred and the use of racial slurs. That's absurd.
>>
File: racism-explained.jpg (266 KB, 1224x453) Image search: [Google]
racism-explained.jpg
266 KB, 1224x453
>>70481332
>racial biases, racial prejudices or racial hatred and the use of racial slurs
That's not necessarily racism. Educate yourself before you speak. Please.

And don't even try to quote some dictionary at me. Dictionaries are written by and for white people, and white people have no say in these matters.
>>
>>70480869
>italians
>white
>>
>>70481332
>racial biases, racial prejudices or racial hatred and the use of racial slurs

those things do not constitute racism. They exist in all tribes of our small, blue planet and, alone, are harmless since you can meet and live with different people and change your mind.
Racism is the systemic incorporation of subjugation on the basis of physical differences and implies a hierarchical structure.
I 'm not attempting to present black people as victims of a hurricane that need philanthropy, I 'm just stating what is historically proved.
>>
>>70481508
>That's not necessarily racism.

It quite literally is racism. Racism is an umbrella term. "Reverse racism" is however what retarded white people say becuase they think racism is a black/white one way street and that a racist black person "reversed" it somehow, fucking keks for days.
>>
>>70481588
>>70481599
what's with the dubs
>>
>>70481508
So white Americans are racist but white British people, from whom many white Americans are descended, aren't racists because they don't live in the US
That's pretty racist
>>
>>70481588
>Racism is the systemic incorporation of subjugation on the basis of physical differences and implies a hierarchical structure.

Nah, it's a broadly applicable term for the mistreatment of a race other than one's own. Subjugation is a form of racism, not the sole form.
>>
>>70477937
Sounds like a racist desu
>>
>>70478954
It used to be conflict resolution.
Now our society's been so pussified, people will actually pay good money to see two guys engage in what used to be a passage into manhood.
>>
>>70481763
you can't really put them in the same basket, are you kidding?? what is this bullshit "it's just one form"? You think putting a people down for generations can be put under the same category as "calling out a racial slur"?
Are you a rightwing black?
>>
Tumblr is strong in this thread. Stop biting
>>
>>70482039

Not at all, I'm jut not an idiot. Racism is not one thing. Racism is many things. You can't just pick oppression and say only oppression is racism, that's obviously bullshit.
>>
>>70478954
>fricking
>>
Can we just admit Cassius was a miserable piece of shit that deserved to die?
>>
>>70481948
>Now our society's been so pussified

>I 'm 14 and am ashamed of my generation's music
>>
>>70482219

He was a god bruh.
>>
>>70477937
This is Roger Ebert paraphrasing Ali, so he may or may not have even said it.
>>
>>70482221
Whatever you say limpwrist.
Go pat yourself on the back to your tumblr friends about how you threw your starbucks at an evil Trump supporter because they were practically raping you with their prescence.
>>
>>70482221
Are you saying western society isn't in a continued process of pussification for the last 100 years, with focused effort on the last 30? If you are, you're wrong
>>
File: aMQvMYR_700b_v1.jpg (81 KB, 540x660) Image search: [Google]
aMQvMYR_700b_v1.jpg
81 KB, 540x660
>>70478026
>>70481171
>>70481332
>>70481508
>>70481588
>>70481599
>>70481763
>>70482163
I guess the thing we can take away from this is that "racism" has been so overused, it can mean any number of things and thus is a useless label.
>>
>>70482163
>You can't just pick oppression and say only oppression is racism, that's obviously bullshit.

well I can say it, because it's definitely more heavy than saying a bad word or have a misconception! Can't you evaluate those things?

And it's good that the us put voting rights on the federal level and it's good that they had affirmative action and it's now good that people all over the world realise that prisons are overcrowded and that the war on drugs was another manifestation of a racist system that needed to produce its own dependant labour force.
And still, look how shit the world is. I mean even for us. Double that if you are black or non-white in general. And still we look to the black people to take courage, because they have survived centuries of hell and they fought back right within the belly of the beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZ3ZG_Wams
>>
>>70477937
>Jesus, Wonder Woman, Tarzan and Rocky

Team-up movie when?
>>
>>70482328
just white males
>>
>>70482633
That's some quality work. Very good tone throughout, with image and youtube giving even more credibility. Solid 7.5/10, the baiters are getting better.
That or tumblr making tourism.
>>
>>70479184
>>70481563
>germans
>white
>>
>>70482767
I know it hurt you. And I am not feeling any better. Unlike you, my political compass is not how to piss off my perceived enemies. It's more substanital and it's actually a compass. A compass used by people in the north hemisphere for millenia.
>>
>>70482881
You should start threads. Really, pretty good your work. Guaranteed 370 replies and 127 images omitted
>>
File: 960.jpg (33 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
33 KB, 960x540
>>70478954
>people play sports
>nobody 'plays' boxing
>>
>>70482219
I don't agree with a lot of his methods, but his character was airtight and good on him for having the balls to tell the government to go fuck themselves when they tried to draft him
>>
>>70482633
>it's definitely more heavy than saying a bad word or have a misconception

No shit, but that doesn't mean that both can't be categorised as racism.
>>
>>70477937
Fuck Ali I'm glad he's dead
>>
>>70477937
If you think a man who had severe brain damage by 30 was "great" or had any good rational arguments, go back to /r/politics
>>
>>70482393
"Racism" or calling someone a "racist" is just a way to shut down an argument.

It's never utilized in a constructive way to appeal to the other person in a discussion/debate.

It's simply used to silence.
>>
>>70484121
Indeed, this very much. It's time for people to realize the bullshit and start ignoring being called that, considering it doesn't mean anything in the glorious year of 2016. It's merely a cowardly political tool. Other examples are sexist, misogyny and problematic.
>>
>>70484121
>It's never utilized in a constructive way

have you been paying attention to this thread?

>>70482393
>I guess the thing we can take away from this is that "racism" has been so overused, it can mean any number of things and thus is a useless label.

I guess you are a fucking idiot who didn't learn to tie their shoelaces until after they graduated from high shcool.

>>70483402
>but that doesn't mean that both can't be categorised as racism.

that's exactly what it means and that's the point I have been making in those two posts.
>>
>>70482633
centuries of hell? look at africa, niggers been in hell since they were concieved. murica did them a favor bringin them over here tbqh
>>
>>70484454
>Ad Hominem

This is why you Schizos are loosing. You use "Racism" to explain away everything like conspiracy theorists.
>>
>>70482680

The REAL Fantastic Four!
>>
>>70484454
>that's exactly what it means

You're a fucking retard mate.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.