[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FREEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: freedom.jpg (39 KB, 785x526) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
39 KB, 785x526
FREEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!
>>
>>70475859
Who hasn't shed a tear with that moment?

Based Mel
>>
scenes women will never understand?
>>
>>70477891
LOL

oh god.

William the Bastard, will never be forgotten now.
>>
>shows the torture tools to the camera
>never shows them being used, just his reaction
Made me feel so fucking sick when I first saw Braveheart, holy shit.
I still feel a red-hot rush through my heart when I see that scene. The no-show makes it even more effective. And that score is gorgeous, great editing too. Brilliant scene.
>>
>>70478003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE
>>
>>70478003
>that moment she's in the crowd...
>>
>>70475859
scot
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
>>
>>70478074
It's still cheesy as fuck, but I don't care. Great stuff.

>>70478197
I fucking love that stuff.

>>70478627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU
>>
>>70475859
Then white men like William Wallace went on to slaughter natives and take their land, enslave asians and africans, rape women and deny them equal pay for equal work, and oppress the entire planet. So much for "FREEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!".
>>
>>70479579
not to mention Scotland and Scots are the womb of english aristocracy and never really fought for their independence since the 16th century, because why would they?
>>
>>70475859

Saw this in the theater, back in 1995. I was 12. First time going to the movies alone. No friend was interested.

No regrets.

>was so excited, ran all the way home screaming FREEEEDOOOOOM

>neighborhood got freed the fuck up
>>
>you have bled with Wallace
>now bleed with me

HNNNNNNNGGGGG
>>
File: 0042760001.jpg (21 KB, 230x292) Image search: [Google]
0042760001.jpg
21 KB, 230x292
>>70479579

>mfw white women are absolved from the sins of their ancestors because of their gender no matter how much they've benefited
>>
>>70480838

I've met the descendent of the guy who said this in the movie, and I mean the actual guy, the historical figure.

True story I know you'll never believe, but it's true. He lives in Sweden and is a giant.
>>
>>70480953
>he doesn't understand the patriarchy

check your privilege shitlord
>>
File: braveheart-3.jpg (57 KB, 403x335) Image search: [Google]
braveheart-3.jpg
57 KB, 403x335
>Remember men, Scotland will always be free, as long as you have a brave heart

Really Mel?
>>
Shame about how Scottish people have become the lefty immigrant loving marxists of the UK
>>
>>70475859

>there are actual retards who enjoy this schlock
>>
>>70481372
Scotfag here
I fucking hate it, nobody even questions the left the left except from the viewpoint of being more left.
But don't blame me, I'm not part of it.
In the Highlands we're now housing potentially thousands Syrian refugees, despite me struggling to secure a council house amongst all the braindead, toothless teenage families who are prioritised, and nobody asked me about it. There was no poll or vote on this, so whether you agree with it or not; guess what, fucko? You're stuck with it.
I can't wait to move to another country, any recommendations?
>>
>>70481645
Just move a little south to the Lake District or something.

The two lefty hotspots of the UK are Scotland and London.
>>
>>70481372

Nothing wrong with being a liberal leftist
>>
File: 1463616464561564.gif (998 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1463616464561564.gif
998 KB, 500x368
>>70475859
>8 years old
>this entire movie
>this scene
>rented Lion King same day
>mfw
>>
>>70481645
Canada
>>
>>70481756
>literally voted to change their anthem to be 'gender neutral' yesterday

right
>>
>>70481645
>In the Highlands we're now housing potentially thousands Syrian refugees, despite me struggling to secure a council house amongst all the braindead, toothless teenage families who are prioritised, and nobody asked me about it

well why didn't you study hard and worked hard, you damn lazy drunkard scot? Too busy tapping the vein? Cracking the smack? Dunking the junk? Chasing Nessy?
>>
>>70481645
Come down to Yorkshire and stay out of the cities lad
Old white people as far as the eye can see
>>
Billy Wally he ded
>>
>>70477545
I know I did a lot of it had to do with the music I even bought the soundtrack and also I'm scottish
>>
>>70481798
Wait what?
>>
>>70480954
Cool
>>
>>70475859
>nutted but she still suckin'
>>
File: fedora euphoric.gif (793 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
fedora euphoric.gif
793 KB, 360x203
>>70481440
yes, feel the hate my dimwitted, nerd friend
>>
File: image.png (49 KB, 1870x912) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49 KB, 1870x912
>>70481736
>>
>>70481728
London is worse than Scotland. I went there twice, and London's a fucking midden full of assholes.

>>70481756
Actually, I might really like Canada. I have some extended family over there who love Scottish accents and tartan and all that shortbread shite, so I might be able to move first and think about getting a place later.
Canada's cool.

>>70481883
I'm not racist, and if that's the implication you got then it's wrong. I'm just annoyed that I couldn't get housed when I needed it but anyone coming into the country can get a house like *that*.
The Midlands seems pretty friendly though, I have a lot of friends up here who are from Yorkshire, it's always fun when we meet up.

>>70481833
Not sure what you're on about pal, but you sound like a shit-talking cunt.
Fancy a pint?
>>
File: zack-de-la-rocha.jpg (36 KB, 682x400) Image search: [Google]
zack-de-la-rocha.jpg
36 KB, 682x400
>>70475859

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>70482012
>I'm not racist

You'll come around
>>
>>70481645
>In the Highlands we're now housing potentially thousands Syrian refugees

potentially, so not actually?

go back to /pol/ if you want to cry about non-whites in scotland, all seven of them.
>>
>>70481997
proof that this site is full of suckers
>>
>>70481997

>this is how easily triggered /pol/ gets

Literally the softest bunch of pussies out there. Grow some skin you offended faggots
>>
>>70482012
>Fancy a pint?

of your favourite heroin? I don't want to deprive you of it.

>Not sure what you're on about pal

yes, keep whistling, you 'll convince me you didn't understand what I was talking about. Was bringing up excuses (not even that either, just playing deaf) the way your merchant father brought you up?
>>
>>70482071

>I'm unironically racist

Why does Reddit continue to hang around even though they aren't wanted?
>>
File: 1459088944089.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1459088944089.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>70475859
>scenes the English will never understand
>>
>>70482119
Do you live where I live? Because if you do, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. It's a big thing.
"Potentially thousands" means "there aren't more than two thousand yet." I have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to be housed as someone who has paid fuck-knows-how-much into the council over the years, yet the local council is filling decent houses with refugees just to look good politically. It's horseshit, and sorry if you don't agree but go fuck yourself. Don't paint me as a racist because I'm not. They should have to go through the same procedures as anyone else who lives here. Equality!

>>70482154
Be a prick if you want to m8.
If you're talking about further education; well it wasn't available to me when it mattered, although it is now, but I now need to pay my way instead of taking out grants/loans if I want to do it. I don't have the money to move to a fairly distant city (200 miles and I can't drive, no money y'see) to simply end up in debt after four years living in some student squat. Fuck that, man.
>>
>>70482512
>implying

Scotland literally voted yes to remaining in the UK rather than choosing their own freedom.

If that's not the definition of cucked I don't know what is
>>
>>70482136
>look everyone I'm projecting
>>
>>70482704
"Their own freedom" was a choice that consisted of more than just FREEEEEEDOOOOMMMMM
There was everyday life to consider, and all the changes that would have to be made to accommodate those changes. It comes down to money, which isn't so much of a problem if you live in a city (where the money is), but the problem is that a large number of people in Scotland don't live in cities, those regional and financial centres which claim priority over everything else and which strangle funds from local town hospitals, for example.
This means that people have to travel 100+ miles to reach the nearest hospital that can give them an appointment for even simple skin conditions. We've been strangled dry by London and the archaic idea of "only cities matter."
I voted yes, but I don't look down on anyone who didn't because there's a hell of a lot in the balance. There's a lot to consider.
>>
>>70483017
Freedom ain't free.

Learn something from the Americans
>>
>>70482643
>Do you live where I live? Because if you do, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. It's a big thing.
"Potentially thousands" means "there aren't more than two thousand yet."

"Highland Council is ready to provide housing to the first families of Syrian refugees it expects to resettle. The local authority hopes to eventually offer homes to 25 to 30 families fleeing conflict in Syria."

couple dozen families, two thousand, maybe you should look into going back to education, learn to count.
>>
>>70478074
What were they doing to his stomach?
>>
>>70483094
Learn to read the difference between "regional" and "local" councils. Like I said, it's a big thing where I live, and it has already made a huge difference to the police for example. You can pick apart every word I type if you want, and that's largely down to my verbal inadequacy, but unless you live here you won't know what the fuck is going on. There are many, many upset people because they weren't asked first by any council who pretend to act for the people.
>>
>>70483106
pulling out his intestines
>>
Scottish cunt LOL HOPE THAT HURT FAGET
>>
>>70482643
Talk shite, you get all fees paid for you and a no quabble loan as well every year. Youre just lazy and making excuses.

its never too late, I started my degree 3 years ago and im going into my last year

im 26
>>
>>70483265
I worded that slightly wrong, I'm sorry about that. To be fair, I'm very stupid.
Our local council has offered to home up to five hundred families, and I'm guessing that's what the new building projects are for. Everyone's looking for labourers to work on these new houses on the town outskirts, which will join up three surrounding villages with new streets.
The local builders are desperate for joiners, bricklayers, labourers, on-site managers, cement layers, machine operators; and it's because houses are being built specifically for immigrants, not for people who have already been looking for homes of their own.
I didn't mean to be an asshole there, sorry about that anon. But it really is happening and it's so stupid.
>>
>>70483526
I won't get all fees paid for me at all; I'm 34 and expected to pay my way, which is fair enough. Plus, I haven't owed anyone so far and I don't want to have a massive, massive debt over my head for the rest of my life for four years of formal education.
I'm not lazy, and I'm not just making excuses. Money matters, believe it or not.
>>
File: 1428007677935.jpg (393 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1428007677935.jpg
393 KB, 1284x980
>>70477545
Not me; I laughed and laughed and laughed. Fuck that barbarian.
>tfw the only good Scot is a dead Scot
>>
>>70475859
signed in for highland barbarians war movie
got a love story instead
>>
>>70483686
I was classed as a mature student, and so will you be. Only expense youll have is, as you say, you dont stay near a uni so you would need to move there to student accomodation. But then youd be the creepy old guy in the flats. Aye fuck it mate no worth it.
>>
>>70481054

"check your privilege shitlord." -College Educated Upper Middle Class White Woman
>>
>>70483838
>the trouble with Scotland is
>it's full of SCOTS
Fucken Longjeans

>>70483912
I'd rather be the creepy old guy in student flats because those annoying fucking students might leave me alone
>>
>>70482136
>le both sides are the same I don't know what triggered means meme
>>
>FFREEEEDDDOOOOMMM

>hey Scotland, you want freedom?
>nah thanks we like being under the queen's thumb

it's a classic real-life meme
>>
File: freedom-braveheart-iroic[1].jpg (105 KB, 605x580) Image search: [Google]
freedom-braveheart-iroic[1].jpg
105 KB, 605x580
>>70484857
It's well known, you're not breaking ground
>>
As a Scotsman, this film is pure shite.

Voted yes anaw
>>
>>70485219
that doesn't look like Shrek at all, could the scots lay down the syringe for a minute and focus?
>>
>>70481736
Gauranteed replies: The post.
>>
>>70485219
>kilt
>William Wallace
>>
>>70484198
>>70482740
>Projecting
>i will repeat his post, but with "LE" at the beginning, this will show him!

you ltierally proved his point, you dumb fucking triggered /pol/trash. i don't expect you niggers to realize this, though.
>>
>>70485588
If the independence vote campaign had the big line "GET OOTA MAH SWAMP!" it would have been more accurate and real
>>
>>70475859
Saw this the first time when I was 9 or 10.

I cried bitch tears. Especially when he saw his dead wife walking through the crowd.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.