[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There was a thread today about Neon Genesis Evangelion so I decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: m26_C461A_big.jpg (60 KB, 800x457) Image search: [Google]
m26_C461A_big.jpg
60 KB, 800x457
There was a thread today about Neon Genesis Evangelion so I decided I give it another try - because when I last started it I was like 12-13 years old.

I've seen some nice cinemagrids about it, a lot of conversations about how well-written the characters and the dilemmas are and how it's filled with symbolism and hidden meanings.
So as edgy this may sound I was intrested what it can offer and I knew that I disliked it in the past because I hated mechas - the thing I could easily indulge now if everything else recompense me.

But by God I realised why I haven't watched any anime since I finished elementary school. Everything is so over the top, the characters, the movements, the sound, everything. Even when I watched it with english dub so that I wouldn't hear the over the top japanese dub I cringed so hard.
I mean literally everything except its art and story is unbearable by western standards. It's like watching a child's play where every actor overplay.
And not only this but is there any anime where the characters don't behave like social retards all the time? No wonder that japanese people have so much weird perverted shit they are stunned even if someone from the opposite sex talks to them about semi-sexual related topics (like that fucking bleeding nose which is in every fucking anime ever - maybe NGE is an exception).

Seriously I really want to get into it because otherwise it looks good and I heared a lot of things about it which interest me but how do you turn off your brain to these things (over the top everything, social retardation)?
>>
>>70472185
You are a normie.
>>
japanese people lost their ability to act in the 70's just like pandas lost their ability to eat meat
>>
>>70472239
So? That's not an answere to my question.
>>
File: Questionman.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Questionman.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>70472276
>just like pandas lost their ability to eat meat
Tell me more about this
>>
File: 1462852664670.jpg (38 KB, 563x701) Image search: [Google]
1462852664670.jpg
38 KB, 563x701
>>70472185
>Even when I watched it with english dub so that I wouldn't hear the over the top japanese dub

Subtle. 7/10 bait
>>
>>70472331
they lost their gene which gives them the ability to taste meat in some fucked up mutation
this is why they just eat bamboo and eggs even tho they have and omnivore body
they are so fucked up the babbies have to eat shit for a period of time since they can't digest the bamboo
The JUST of the animal world, literally an evolutionary dead end
>>
>>70472511
Wow
>>
>>70472185
>if a film is not subtle it's bad

this is the epitome of literal reddit "I'm such a film buff" mentality. I'm guessing you think the Furious Saga is bad too. Go back to your entry level PTA and McQueen trash flicks you imbecile.
>>
Evangelion best anime
>>
>>70472185
I've never had that impression, about the overacting. Maybe I am used to that part of anime, I don't really know.

But what's really great about the series to me is the pacing, shots and editing. The first episode has some really beautiful shots when they are awaiting the first angel. Visuals are also very interesting overall.

I think its great.
>>
>>70472964
If everyone have reaction to simple things like it was the most shocking moment of their lives is just "not subtle" then you are a socially retarded weeb who carries samurai sword with himself on the streets.
>>
Anime is poorly drawn so the characters always emote what they're feeling. It's bad writing most of the time.

Surprisingly, Evangelion has a lot of "subtle" moments that you don't find in other anime. It's still has a bunch, but there are "quiet" moments.
>>
File: shinji on the holohoax.png (691 KB, 1275x707) Image search: [Google]
shinji on the holohoax.png
691 KB, 1275x707
>>70472185
>where the characters don't behave like social retards all the time

You'd be surprised how accurate these characters are and how many people IRL relate to them.
>>
>>70473284
Like who?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.