[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If it had been made in present times, how would they ruin LotR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 17
File: 1461003465558-1.jpg (71 KB, 838x444) Image search: [Google]
1461003465558-1.jpg
71 KB, 838x444
If it had been made in present times, how would they ruin LotR with globalist multiculti propaganda?
>>
>>70470803
It just wouldn't get made
The core themes are racial purity and separatism
>>
>>70470803
what movies have been ruined with globalist multiculti propaganda?
>>
>>70470859
Or Sauron would have to be the good guy because he's the only one pushing for racial integration
>>
these movies are boring as fuck
>>
I prefer to not think about it at all. Lotr is a god tier series and nothing will be ever close to it.
>>
>>70470890
This poster is from Reddit
>>
Female orcs, black elves and gay, weak humans.
>>
Aragorn would be played by Idris Elba.
Arwen would accompany the fellowship.
Merry and Pippin would be female.
No more dark skinned uruks or orcs.
Crowd shots would always include brown people.
Harad and the easterlings would be more fantasy and less middle eastern.
>>
>>70470859
>>70470803
tolkien hated allegories and metaphors in stories and refused to have them in his
>>
>>70470803
They couldn't.

Orcs are just proxy non-whites. Humans, Dwarves and Elves are just whites with different political views, coming together to wipe out the shitskin plague.
>>
>>70470859
Nigger are you dumb? LotR is literally about the power of friendship.
>>
>>70470803
black elves black Legolas. Gimli gets shamed for not liking Lego because he's a knife ear. Stronk wymin takes fathers place and leads the battle at Helms Deep. Pippin and Merry openly gay. Gandalf changes gender when he becomes White, also Gandalf The White is now Gandalf The Brown. good guy orks lead rebellion against Sauron in Mordor and help Frodo to Mt Doom. Gollum is now trans female to male
>>
File: 1462989638381.gif (991 KB, 320x250) Image search: [Google]
1462989638381.gif
991 KB, 320x250
>>70471002
>Arwen would accompany the fellowship.
>>
>>70470909
i have seen a tumblr tard say pretty much this
>>
>>70471002
>Merry and Pippin would be female.
They weren't?
>>
File: 2016470.jpg (38 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
2016470.jpg
38 KB, 263x396
>>70471002
>Crowd shots would always include brown people.

Any race or region of people who were in any way mentioned as being "swarthy," "dark haired," "dark eyed" would be depicted like this
>>
>>70471169
kek
>>
>>70471229
they would be melissa mccarthy and the big gorilla from ghostbusters. not the one from the new one, but a guy in a transgendered multiracial gay gorilla suit.

and gandalf would be loud and proud as a child molester, like when he bangs frodo.
>>
>>70470938
globalist multiculti propaganda isn't what people are complaining about for Mad Max or Ghostbusters or Avengers movie.

You're talking about promoting the mixing of races...? People are actually complaining the new Ghostbusters is racist for not having more blacks in it, even though it's like an all women cast, there's 2 black chicks, that is a reference to the ORIGINAL 1980's Ghostbusters.

I just don't understand where you get this idea that all movies in 2016 are being ruined by globalist multiculti propaganda.

Is this because of teh protest at the oscars, that was disregarded by the movie industry???

Further proof that you're an idiot???

I am oldfag, you're like what.. 23?
>>
this makes me so fucking glad that the LOTR trilogy was made when it was
>>
>>70471169
>Gimli gets shamed for not liking Lego because he's a knife ear. Stronk wymin takes fathers place and leads the battle at Helms Deep.

Pretty realistic
>>
>>70471374
>and gandalf would be loud and proud as a child molester, like when he bangs frodo.

So this would be a "made for 4chan" movie???

... i am so confused.
>>
>>70471390
>Further proof that you're an idiot???

>>>/Reddit/
>>
YALL NIGGAS BE FORGETTING SHADOWFAX WAS BLACK!
>>
There would be a bullshit scene where a woman kills the Witch King of Angmar. Stupid feminists needing to include muh grrl power. I hate women.
>>
>>70470803
some of the orcs are actually good guys and are assimilated into human society
>>
>>70471011
More precisely he hated metaphors and allegories that served as some sort of meta commentary, thinking a work of fiction should be self contained, dealing with its own issues.

That being said, yeah, he'd drill through the planet core if he knew someone even implied his work was meant to be about racial purity and separatism.
>>
>>70471467
>what movies was ruined by globalist multiculti propaganda?

Is that a better phrasing, I wasn't implying that GMP doesn't ruin movies, but as an example of GMP, what is a movie that was "ruined" by it and/or made with GMP.

FOR FUCK SAKES.
>>
>>70471429
Basically when we want to fuck kids it's okay and tasteful, and when jews want to it's disgusting and abominable

>>70471476
Tolkien did it before it was gay
>>
>>70471374
>that was disregarded by the movie industry???
except it wasn't
>>
>>70471521
AN EXAMPLE OF globalist multiculti propaganda?
>>
>>70470803
yfw the female power character Eowyn was actually gr8
>>
>>70471540
Why do you think Tolkien did it? He mentions queer and faggots in the book, during a time when mentioned faggots and queer, was not normal.

Let me tell you something. Everything Tolkien did was because he was gay. Gay people were pretty smart back then, if no one figured out THEY WERE GAY. Alan Turing for example. Probably the most intelligent man of all time. Makes Einstein look like a Sports Fan.
>>
What changed so much in such a short time

Feels like just yesterday I was watching ROTK in theaters.
>>
>>70471504
>he'd drill through the planet core if he knew someone even implied his work was meant to be about racial purity and separatism.

I mean, "The essential message of his books"? I don't think so.

But as far as extolling racial separatism in a way that is pretty much unparalleled in popular media? Definitely.
>>
>>70471150
Friendship among Europeans against the foreign hordes.
>>
File: 1434660010957.jpg (28 KB, 366x344) Image search: [Google]
1434660010957.jpg
28 KB, 366x344
>>70471621
>Tolkien did was because he was gay.
>>
>>70471011
I read The Hobbit. Seems like he hated having sense in his books too. So it was basically just a recalling of childhood fantasies made fiction? Seems like a Freemason thing.
>>
>>70470803

WE WUZ ELVES AND SHIT
>>
ITT: people that don't understand D&D
>>
>>70471698
>he hated having sense in his books too.

You'd never know the internet was crawling with so many people who are superior authors to tolkien. Amazing
>>
>>70470890
It seems a lot more prevalent in tv than movies.
>>
>>70471670
>saw his friends get blown up and gassed by krauts
>MUH WHITE UNITY
>>
>>70471504
>More precisely he hated metaphors and allegories that served as some sort of meta commentary, thinking a work of fiction should be self contained, dealing with its own issues.
He was right. Fiction that borrows from reality is dull and overly politicized.

There's nothing more magnificent than fiction that builds its lore and conflict from scratch. It can be judged on its own merit instead of its ties to our world.
>>
File: 234243089080.png (123 KB, 418x499) Image search: [Google]
234243089080.png
123 KB, 418x499
>>70471777
Not really the subject here m8
>>
>>70471777
>saw his friends get blown up and gassed by krauts

...and probably realized the futility of fighting among ourselves.
>>
>>70471764
It's true, LotR was good, but read The Hobbit. It's fucking terribly written mate. That's after his revisions. He did world crafting better then ANYONE, but the actual writting in the book is so fucking bad.

As an author his great, but as far s The Hobbit specifically in structure and pacing.. it's worse then LotR. What can I say. You want to know my published works???
>>
Aragorn would be played by Jennifer Lawrence
>>
>>70471772
Thanks, you seem to understand. I'll agree to that. Movies seem by and large unaffected by most influences. TV though, just look at Community....
>>
>>70471476
>he didn't read the book
The Witch King was injured by the magic blade that the Hobbit stabbed him with before Mary Sue stabs him in the face
>>
>>70471621
Neither of those words were really associated with gays when he wrote the books. They actually mean something you know.
>>
>>70471907
They had the chick from lost in The Hobbit, so that's more of an indication of the times, like if this movie was made in the 1940's it would star Vivien Leigh
>>
>>70471777
The goyim will send their children to die in whatever wars our rulers find convenient. It's why we're goyim.
>>
>>70471914
One of the producer of Dr Who recently said they're going to start shoving niggers into the past despite historical accuracy.
>>
>>70471777
LotR never had anything to do with earth, and never will. Even though it was written around the time of WW2, almost SPECIFICALLY was unrelatable to it, because that was Tolkien's means of escaping reality.

His estate would not allowed this movie to amde if it was to relate to real world polotics, and no one can understand that.

This is shit-tier meme, and the reason why /tv/ is just one step above pol and a step below b
>>
>>70471390

people hate the new ghostbusters because it looks utterly retarded, and its done by a formula following hack, whose movies are all exactly the same.

people loved winston from the real series, because he was the one who had his shit together, and was a solid guy. he even became mayor in a licensed book. I'd rather have had a movie about him starting up franchises in other cities and showing his chops as a ghostbuster, since in the book he was tutored by ray, peter and egon, and got multiple PH.D's.
>>
>>70471764

Tolkien is known for his descriptive language and world building, but not much else. He's a good author, but depending on what you're looking for he might not be everyone's best.
>>
>>70471637
Orcs, dwarves and elves aren't really meant to depict various races, as much as they rather fulfilled the same purpose as the races in Norse Mythology, showcasing different kinds of people, different ways of life, virtues and drawbacks alike.

Also the thing is so full of Christian imagery, the only way not to spot it is to grow up surrounded by it to the point of mundaneity.

Some people decide "that can't be it" because "he hated allegory" but he just hated it when it meant to have some meaning in regards to the real world, instead of simply functioning like any other piece of mythology.

I mean if you don't even recognize that much meaning to what is written in the books, you're basically stating that his work is entirely meaningless and has no reason to exist.
>>
>>70472080
He's pretty good at writing songs and inventing languages
>>
>>70471390
This is a Reddit post
>>
>>70471921
By the time "The Adventure of the Second Stain" was published, the term was starting to gain a connotation of sexual deviance, referring to feminine men or men who would engage in same-sex relationships. An early recorded usage of the word in this sense was in an 1894 letter by John Sholto Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry.

The American slang term is first recorded in 1914, the shortened form fag shortly after, in 1921.[8] Its immediate origin is unclear, but it is based on the word for "bundle of sticks", ultimately derived, via Old French, Italian and Vulgar Latin, from Latin fascis.
>>
>>70472032
>never had anything to do with earth

Except that the Rohirrim were intentionally based on Anglo-Saxon culture, and the lore was intended to be a surrogate for English mythology that was lost during the Norman invasion. And maybe a few other things of that nature.

>no one can understand that.
No one except you breh
>>
>>70472146
Ok cool. But the words queer and faggot are not used in LoTR to describe gay people
>>
>>70472023
Maybe they'll start shoving niggers into old west movies, despite it's historical accuracies?
>>
>>70471521
Really found the redditor in this thread here
>>
File: 1464182526332.gif (628 KB, 516x402) Image search: [Google]
1464182526332.gif
628 KB, 516x402
>>70472124
>ywn have a group of trusty hobbit bros that are completely fine with singing old traveling songs on the road
>>
File: orc in disguise.jpg (38 KB, 600x310) Image search: [Google]
orc in disguise.jpg
38 KB, 600x310
>>70470803
They would, keep in mind they threw a bunch of blacks and Asians into The Hobbit movies for no fucking reason. I remember they zoomed in on the crowd at one point to show the two black women in burkas, completely killed immersion. Also I couldn't help but notice all of the orcs were white skinned and blue eyed this time around, subtle Hollywood.

If they made them today the only white man in the Fellowship would be Boromir, Gandalf and Aragorn would be black, Legolas would be a girl, etc.
>>70470859
Those are only the core themes if you're a stormfag or a fat tumblr girl, a big part of the story is the main group overcoming all of their prejudices and old hatreds in the face of a common foe, or did you miss the whole Gimli-Legolas relationship?
>>
File: 1430425533319.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430425533319.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>70472023
Why negroids, and ONLY negroids? What about chinks and spics and whatever else? You'd think that groids were the only other race on the planet.

What is hollywood's fascination with them?
>>
>>70471916
>The Witch King was injured by the magic blade that the Hobbit stabbed him with before Mary Sue stabs him in the face
Whoever added THAT must've been a real SJW faggot
>>
>>70472052
It's true it looks like Disney's Haunted Mansion, but there's a bigger outcry of this "modern" sjw movie not being globalist multiculti propaganda.

Just feminist.

As a Cismale that jerks off to women, I don't mind seeing women in movies, but you'd think a lot of men would rather see all roles in movies played by and performed by different types of bulked up 'bros' or else it's "gay".

Check out a thread about how awesome "Predator" was. I mean... ghostbusters even shows the crowd acting racist to teh black chick... she then points out it must be a race thing, since they catch the fat girl before her.

so I guess i don't understand what globalist multiculti propaganda is, since I am not from EU, and don't get Muslim invasion thing as much...
>>
>>70472175
No but their use was odd to be used, even for that time.
>>
>>70470803
Make a bunch of characters black asian indian etc.
>>
>>70472210
>Also I couldn't help but notice all of the orcs were white skinned and blue eyed this time around

ikr. What the fuck
>>
>>70472307
No it wasn't, especially considering Tolkiens writing style
>>
>>70472272
And that cheese line she said "I AM NO MAN" fuck like KEK ME NOW! is the only reply by SJW logic.
>>
>>70471777
>The beacons have been lit! Gondor calls for aid!
>And Rohan will answer

>leader of Gondor is dethroned so that a just king can take his place and peace can reign once again

I dont think he blames the Krauts.
>>
>>70470803
When Gandalf dies he'd come back as Gandalf the black and be recast as Idris elba. Shadowfax would be called Whiteknight as it is the duty of the whites to serve the blacks
>>
>>70472335
And how the words were having connotations of homosexual references that was like 3 decades into making. Ya, nothing queer about it. SWAG
>>
>>70472377
You're a fucking faggot.
>>
The word faggot with regard to homosexuality was used as early as 1914, in Jackson and Hellyer's A Vocabulary of Criminal Slang, with Some Examples of Common Usages which listed the following example under the word, drag:[13]

"All the fagots (sissies) will be dressed in drag at the ball tonight."

The word was also used by a character in Claude McKay’s 1928 novel Home to Harlem, indicating that it was used during the Harlem Renaissance. Specifically, one character says that he cannot understand:

"a bulldyking woman and a faggoty man"

This is why Tolkien's use of certain words was questioned. Who knows.
>>
>>70472151
Okay so he based some aesthetic things on real world things, what tolkien hated was allegory and metaphors. You're obviously too retarded to understand like everyone else
>>
>>70472377
Stop projecting your closeted urges onto Tolkien please. Thanks
>>
>>70472278
>crowd acting racist to the black chick
she was behaving like a chitin circuit coon stereotype in the trailer. it's disgusting, and offensive to everyone in CURRENT YEAR. there is no need to act like some black joke from the 1890's.
>>
>>70472418
if jews didn't exist you wouldn't be able to whine on an anime imageboard to begin with
>>
>>70470803
they would turn sauron into a black woman because
>lol it's never stated sauron WASN"T a black woman so it's all canon

the orcs are all white men, but they're all ugly and dirty to keep them orc-y

frodo is female and there is a love triangle between her, gimli, and a new female asian character from the haradrim who is out to prove not all her people are evil.

there are random people of colour sprinkled throughout the movie, it mostly makes no sense.

every five mintues someone has to quip to break the tension
>>
>>70472462
You think that tolkien is one of the least discussed authors of all time? That this is all my projections and hasn't been discussed for almost a hundred years now? You think I just came up with it?

Thank you. I just seem to also know all of these other references to the use of the words as meaning homosexual that were made popular in and around the time of Tolkien's writting.

It can't be proven one way or another, but Tolkien was a smart man. Smart men back then was usually through practice, because it was literally a crime to be gay back then. This is like Dexter level intelligence to be gay and not caught. It's not an indication that he's a fumbling queer sissy like you know, it's actually a tribute to his superiority.

you wouldn't understand the culture of that time, because you got dank memes....

i have to go now, bye.
>>
If you really want to make this about allegory, then you can infer based on the origin of the orcs that all orcs are degenerates. Formlery elves but corrupted and twisted into nothing but abominations that care for nothing but themselves. You can relate that to the influx of SJW, extreme left culture infiltrating Western nations. Feminism, PC culture, transgenderism and anti-hate movements (no fatshaming, slutshaming, islamophobia, etc).

Sauron (never shown) is just a force that encroaches over all who submit to indulgence and self imposed inferiority.

The migrants in Europe are just the Easterlings who are aiding Saurons advance, and they have no problems in invading the West to fulfill their own desires.

But overall it was never about armies taking over the country, it was about ideologies poisoning and corrupting every man woman and child in the west.

Its not a fight for your nation, its a fight for your soul.
>>
>>70472581
>every five mintues someone has to quip to break the tension

Why does hollywood plebicize absolutely everything they touch with groan and cringe inducing quips?
>>
>>70472485
That's just, like, your opinion. man.

Still it's counter-globalist multiculti propaganda
>>
>>70472617
>>
File: 235235-89-8.png (94 KB, 200x203) Image search: [Google]
235235-89-8.png
94 KB, 200x203
>>70472617
>Sauron (never shown) is just a force that encroaches over all who submit to indulgence and self imposed inferiority.

Kind of a crazy coincidence, the symbology there
>>
>>70472617
This guy gets it. So many people have tried to make Allegories and the one defence of it is, is Tolkien saying.

"nope, no allegories"

so how would they twist LotR if it was made this time around?

They literally couldn't because the Tolkien Estate would not allow it.
>>
>>70472639
People do it in real life too

I can't tell whether it's fiction mirroring reality or reality mirroring fiction though
>>
File: 2086692743_dd91b86ec7_z.jpg (111 KB, 445x500) Image search: [Google]
2086692743_dd91b86ec7_z.jpg
111 KB, 445x500
>>70472713
Tolkien was a Mason. That's what the hobbit was, like the Mason's paintings...

You know?
>>
>>70472761
Don't be dense and obstinate just for the sake of it
>>
>>70472742
Please, it's because of James Bond.

People do it in real life, and I think that's what most people seem to forget about quips. That's like the staple of military culture. It's called Laconic phrase.

Spartan humor was renowned for being the best quips. We use them as the basis of military to this day.

>After invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, Philip II of Macedon sent a message to Sparta: "If I invade Laconia you will be destroyed, never to rise again." The Spartan ephors replied with a single word: "If" (αἴkα).[28] Subsequently neither Philip nor his son Alexander the Great attempted to capture the city.

>When Leonidas was in charge of guarding the narrow mountain pass at Thermopylae with just 7,000 Greeks in order to delay the invading Persian army, Xerxes offered to spare his men if they gave up their arms. Leonidas replied "Molon labe" (Greek: Μολών λαβέ), which translates to "Come and take them".[15] It was adopted as the motto of the Greek 1st Army Corps.

"don't tread on me" and "out of my cold dead fingers" are some of their best quips, paraphrased.
>>
>>70472812
Then Tolkien was AGAINST the Mason's. That's what the hobbit was, like a twisted Mason's paintings...

You know?
>>
>>70472210
>I couldn't help but notice all of the orcs were white skinned and blue eyed this time around

They were subterranean troglodytes this time around.
>>
>>70472265
Jews recognize there use as a bio weapon
>>
>>70470803
I haven't seen The Hobbit movies but did it happen in those?
>>
>>70473169
A couple of the extras in Laketown weren't Caucasian, which was literally WHITE GENOCIDE JUST LIKE THE HOLOCAUST BUT ACTUALLY REAL!

the 4chan Nazis were buttdevastated.
>>
>>70472713
Peter Jackson came up with the physical "eye of sauron" thing
>>
>>70473169
The main villain (who was a small side character in the book) is a white Orc with clear blue eyes
>>
>>70472457
Language is really interesting. Like how we're now seeing cuckold revived as a mainstream insult rather than the bizarre lifestyle shit it was co-opted as for the last 30 years or so plus. We're going back to Medieval slang.
>>
>>70473439
It could be, he used the words to try to COUNTER the homosexual connotations. Like why Orwell made up doublespeak to COUNTER the culture of retards.

But frankly Cuck sounds like Cock, so it's not really a big stretch, it's just it's racial implications that bug me. Only because people use it out of context. It's like calling a italian person a 'nigger' for talking loudly. It's an insult, but it's not the correct one for the context.

Eitherway, as a fetish man myself, I never did like the idea of cuckolding, but that's the point. I'll be interesting if SUB becomes a derogatory.
>>
>>70472023
>they're going to start
They already did it. Noticed it in the last season's episodes set in the medieval age or something similar, in the crowd assisting to a man being hanged there were niggers and sandniggers. I was triggered.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 383x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 383x384
>>70471874
You don't have any published works. Nobody likes you
>>
>>70471476
didnt read the book
>man literally meant man
>barrow wright blade
>>>>l2r
>>
>>70471621
do you understand English?
>>
They would just ruin it with more cgi. Also back to /pol/.
>>
>>70471874
a children's book, written for the mid 1900s WOW and the fact its set up in two parts that have a beginning middle and end its almost like its not for you 8)
>>
>>70470803

frodo would be a transgender nigger hobbit
>>
>>70472146
>american slag
>>british writer with a deep love of archaic languages
>>> where do you think you are
>>
There was already lots of bullshit mary sue feminism in that trilogy.
>>
>>70473439

>cuck
>mainstream

Sure if you live in the bizarro world of /pol/.
>>
>>70474708
CNN has said "cuckservative" several times now on the air.
someone used it on Bill Maher too.

/pol/ is always right.
>>
>>70471390
You write at a 13 year old girls level, Mr. Oldfag.
>>
>>70474708
It's getting big on twitter, which precedes normie exposure. Remember Pepe? Give it a few years and kids will be saying it.
>>
>>70473439
Read Much Ado About Nothing. It was a central plot component.
>>
>>70471621
Literally none of your post makes sense, and I'm not just talking about the grammar.
>>
File: 1463172602663.png (172 KB, 335x525) Image search: [Google]
1463172602663.png
172 KB, 335x525
>>70470859
>The core themes are racial purity and separatism
holy fuck man how did you even come to that conclusion.
>>
File: 1446844914005.jpg (12 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1446844914005.jpg
12 KB, 250x247
>>70471476
>>
>>70470803
Big 'orcs welcome' banners spread across Helms Deep
>>
>>70475526
/pol/ is a hell of a drug
>>
>>70471621
>Gay people were pretty smart back then, if no one figured out THEY WERE GAY.
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Rave hitler.gif (277 KB, 240x287) Image search: [Google]
Rave hitler.gif
277 KB, 240x287
>>70470859

I haven't kek'd this hard since yesterday. Wow man, as venerable anon >>70475987 said: "/pol/ is a hell of a drug."

Please explain your viewpoint.
>>
>>70474706
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.