[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why was this forgotten about a week after it was released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: InsideOut1.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
InsideOut1.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
So why was this forgotten about a week after it was released when everyone was saying it was a masterpiece?
>>
>>70470415
>So why was this forgotten about a week after it was released

it wasn't.

it's right up there with wreck it ralph and zootopia.
>>
It was ok
>>
It wasn't? A good movie, but extremely overrated.
>>
All of the reddit generation "masterpieces" have an incredibly short shelf life. As soon as the next flick that rotten tomatoes shilled is relased they forget all about the last film that "changed cinema forever".
>>
>>70470415
It is safe and predictable, just like everything out of pixar from Up onwards. The movie plays like a checklist of things that need to happen in a movie with few surprises.

>>70470452
lmao
>>
>>70470500
It's almost like it's just marketing or something.
Also go back to /co/
>>
>>70470576
You go back to /co/ you capeshitter retard.
>>
>>70470415

Just another disposable "cultural experience."
>>
Riley was a whiny cunt and the lack of villains just makes the hero Joy seem stupid and inept.

Literally no one is likable in that movie.
>>
People associate Pixar with making "premise movies," where the concept is the most important part. This is why bugs life is the least remembered of any of the first movies, despite the quality not being that much lower.

Inside Out came out after a streak of sequels and prequels, so the concept alone was enough to qualify it as the return to form everyone was waiting for.

Its not bad, and there are parts of the movie I thought worked really well but there isn't a whole lot of depth to it, and at the end of the day left a smaller cultural impact than a lot of other Pixar movies.
>>
Because it wasn't. It had an interesting message about the importance of sadness but everything else about it was standard fare.
>>
>>70470809
>and at the end of the day left a smaller cultural impact than a lot of other Pixar movies.
It's because no matter how much leftists cry and moan no real people actually care about movies with female protagonists.

Sure, they paid to see it, because the marketing tricked them, they may have even thought they enjoyed it, but once the memes die down none of them are going to have an attachment to the characters.
>>
I watched it on a plane and I started crying and some drunk girl started laughing at me and when the plane landed she asked me if I was gay
>>
>>70470923
are you?
>>
>>70470923
You deserve it, only Pixar film where it's respectable to shed tears for is the opening to Up.
>>
>>70471115
>opening to Up.
The most reddit thing you could possibly cry at.
>>
>>70470797
>a movie needs villains to be good
Holy shit, please go back to 9gag you underage faggot.
>>
File: disney unmasked.jpg (77 KB, 1003x665) Image search: [Google]
disney unmasked.jpg
77 KB, 1003x665
>>70470415

the only people who were saying it was a masterpiece were paid accordingly.
>>
File: 5xBOrnH.gif (2 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
5xBOrnH.gif
2 MB, 350x255
>>70470415
Because it's a movie for kids
>>
>>70471038
no i'm not actually, i even offered her to come into the city with me and find a place to stay because she said she couldn't afford of a hotel

i even said bring all your friends in the city with me i know a place that cost 10 euro a night

they barely spoke english though
>>
>>70470797
>lack of villains
Holy shit, go back to your /co/ntainment thread capefag.
>>
>/tv/ likes a movie
>something rt related happens
>/tv/ suddenly hates this movie
Thanks Dicaprio meme magic.
>>
>>70471633
>/tv/ likes a movie
Except this first part only happens in the mind of crossposters.
This flick was built from the ground up to get a high RT rating. It didn't suddenly become reddit. It was reddit by its very design.
>>
>>70470415
It wasn't forgotten you fucking idiot memer
>>
>>70471782
Yeah, just like Whiplash, The Revenant, 12 Years a Slave, Boyhood, Gravity, Fury Road and all your other meme "masterpieces" weren't forgotten
>>
>>70471765
>Except this first part only happens in the mind of crossposters.
Don't try to deny that therer were actual people here that liked it.
>>
>>70471889
The people who praised here this are the same people who play video games and watch game of thrones. They are not /tv/, they are the /v/eddit menace. Posting on /tv/ doesn't make you /tv/. You could post here for a decade, and so long as you play video games or hold leftist beliefs you will NEVER be /tv/.
>>
>>70471381
Did you tell her to eat all the eggs?
>>
>>70471833
Mill yourself memelord
>>
>>70471765
>>70471833
>>70471961
Fuck off Korinecuck, your opinion has no wight here you worthless NEET piece of shit

>>70471833
Yeah because real masterpieces like To the Wonder, Spring Breakers and Blackhat are discussed here every day
>>
>>70472084
>To the Wonder, Spring Breakers and Blackhat
These are genuinely better than any of the films named in that previous post.
>>
>>70471961
Ok in all seriousness what ere the best movies of the last 2 years?

Did you like Hey Caesar?
>>
>>70472121
To the Wonder is a definition of self indulgent wank, Spring Breakers is a terrible flick pretending to be film and Blackhat was Mann desperately trying to stay relevant.

No one will care about your "auteurs" in 20 years.
>>
>>70472181
Spring Breakers is pure kinography that pretends to be a flick.

Blackhat was the most important film of 2015.
>>
>>70470619
>>70471239
>>70471564
Holy fuck you're mad
>>
>>70470415
It was good but no masterpiece.
>>
>>70472254
DUDE POST IRONY LMAO

Korine is a pure talentless hack that builds all his work on shock value
>>
>>70471833
Putting Whiplash and 12YAS with those movies should be a sin
>>
>>70472399
Yeah they are way better
>>
>>70472399
Nope, they're right at home alongside all those other disposable meme experiences. If you like either then you hate cinema.
>>
File: deaf child attends gym class.png (218 KB, 586x821) Image search: [Google]
deaf child attends gym class.png
218 KB, 586x821
>Riley has 3 females and 2 males in the brain
>Her mother`s all female and her dad is all male
Does that mean she is not sure about her gender yet?
>>
>>70470415

The problem is that there are too many movies. So something is declared a "masterpiece" and then 3 more movies come out that are just as good and those get declared "masterpieces" and then the world just keeps moving on. It's not like 40 years ago when every person in the goddamn world went to go see the big new release because that was all there was to see. Now no matter how good a movie is, only a portion of people are ever going to see it and it's going to be soon overshadowed by the sheer number of other movies that come out immediately after it.

Movies come out so quickly in such large numbers these days that we just consume, praise, move on. Nothing really *sticks* in the cultural zeitgeist permanently like they did decades ago. It will stick among certain niches of people, but nothing will ever stick with all of culture at large any more, those days are long gone. This is the case in every medium: Movies, music, books, video games, TV shows... all of it. We have so much to consume and audiences are so divided you just can't expect anything to have a longlasting impact on everyone any more.
>>
>>70472463
>meme experiences
Holy shit lmao
>>
>>70472526

No, it means they didn't want the movie to have an all-female main cast because it's more interesting to have some variety and people are reading way too fucking far into it.
>>
>>70472545
I think tv is the one exception because it airs for 2-8 months a year for several years, it has more time to impact more people
>>
>>70472671
Yeah, except Breaking Bad was the biggest meme ever while airing and then was completely forgotten a week after it ended. Get ready for GoT to be immediately forgotten too.
>>
>>70470415
It wasn't a masterpiece, but solid 8/10 movie
>>
>>70472722
I love how you are such an anti-populist and then use "then was completely forgotten a week after it ended" as an argument, lmao
>>
>>70472817
It's not an argument. It's just a fact. Even the biggest meme show disappears from the cultural conscienceness immediately after the shilling ends.
>>
>>70472722
With BB and GOT the hype seems to be just being part of the hype, if you follow. Who died, what was the twist, "10 theories on why X can do Y" clickbait. All I ever hear people talk about with those shows irl are predictions and how shocked they are at it, I don't think anyone has a real investment in any GoT character
>>
>>70472722
>Get ready for GoT to be immediately forgotten too.

It's already being forgotten as it airs. When it first came out it was the biggest deal in the world, literally EVERYONE was talking about it. Even in season 2 it was a big topic of discussion. Now only one person at my work other than myself still watches it. The novelty has worn off and less people care about it. Once it stops airing it will completely fade away. The Walking Dead is similar in that way, too, the only thing keeping anyone even remembering that it exists is the active marketing of new episodes.

Decades ago there were de facto "most popular" sitcoms and dramas that EVERYONE watched and which are still remembered to this day. Even going back as recently as the 80's and 90's, try to find someone who doesn't remember Full House or Seinfeld or Friends. But now? Entire network TV shows can go unnoticed and unwatched by large swathes of the population. There are no more TV shows that exist at the center of everyone's pop culture, everything is divided into some kind of niche.

It's simply the nature of the fact that there is SO MUCH media to consume that not everyone will consume the same media. People will just become more divided over time as more things come out more rapidly to give people near-limitless choices of what to watch at any given time to suit their own very specific interests. Things will only ever be remembered for a long time by specific groups of cult fans and the mainstream culture will only focus on certain things that are very recent or currently happening.
>>
>>70472956
What the fuck are you saying, there are many meme shows and movies that are still discussed
>>
>>70472956
>Even the biggest meme show disappears from the cultural conscienceness immediately after the shilling ends.
Explain 2001.
>>
>>70472526
well, they didn't press the "Puberty button" yet, so I guess it will change it
>>
>>70473033
>All I ever hear people talk about with those shows irl are predictions and how shocked they are at it

So true. I know this woman at work and at one point she found out I watched GOT, but I was always watching it a week late. She demanded I start watching it on Sunday nights so we could immediately talk about it the following Monday. So I did, I was interested. But the "conversations" are just:

>"So you saw the new episode?"
>"Yeah, I saw it."
>*makes wide eyed "shocked" facial expression* "Man, so good. I can't wait for Ramsey to get what's coming to him!"
>"Yeah, so what did you think of the episode?"
>*another similar face expression accompanied by loud blowing/exhaling* "It was so good. The end of the season is going to be so good."
>"Yeah..."
>"Okay, gotta get back to work. Don't forget to watch it next week, too!"

Nobody ever has anything of real substance to say or anything to discuss. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>70473071
2001 is real cinema.
>>
File: inside out.jpg (76 KB, 485x485) Image search: [Google]
inside out.jpg
76 KB, 485x485
>>70470415
You're begging the question, it wasn't forgotten at all

My gf is a child psychologist. She actually uses the dolls and the "who is driving your head" metaphor in the course of her practice.
>>
>>70470497
>but extremely overrated.
How do you know that you're not underrating it?
>>
>>70473422
I want to kill every last redditor
>>
>>70473071

If you mean the film, it came out in 1968, which was a time when everyone still was all going to see "The New Movie" at the theater and literally every person saw the same movie and talked about it and it stuck into culture permanently. That was well before the phenomenon being discussed here, which is something that's been building up over the decades but has really only come to a head in the 90's and 00's and onward, and now with the internet it's being massively exacerbated because there is just so much media to consume that there is no "Single Popular TV Show" or "Single New Movie" that everyone is guaranteed to see and discuss for months and months until the next one happens. It's just not like that any more. Too many choices. Mainstream pop culture now only discusses the latest movie that came out last week or the latest TV show that started airing, until another new movie comes out or another new TV show comes around in a week to grab everyone's attention. And the pop culture that lasts over time only exists as a vast collection of niches so only people in those niches will remember or discuss those things, whereas in the sixties there were a lot less niches and mainstream pop culture was actually capable of retaining memory of the big popular things because they were seen by literally every person.
>>
Man now I'm really thinking about Breaking Bad. That was the biggest thing for the last 2 years it aired, talked about so much it was objectively called overrated. 3 years later its just another show. I never see it talked about, even of a fucking television forum like /tv/ that has almost daily threads about decade old shows like the Sopranos, Simpsons, Seinfeld, etc. Maybe part of it was how closed and on the nose the end was, it didn't leave much to discuss, but it really has just vanished from the cultural landscape

It makes me sad how fleeting tv fame is. Shows are big hits for years, but must get pulled from syndication a couple years after they end and are forgotten. Netflix and Hulu have changed this now, but so much tv just disappears and will never again be seen it's intended way: passively watching a random episode on a random channel one day. Not everything is meant to be binge watched.
>>
>>70473290
Nope, 2001 is a meme.
>>
>>70473576
/tv/ is full of nostalgia fags
>>
>>70473576
Don't be sad. Vince should have just made a good show instead of deciding to sell out for the crowd pleasing reddit dollar.
>>
>>70470500
>All of the reddit generation "masterpieces" have an incredibly short shelf life. As soon as the next flick that rotten tomatoes shilled is relased they forget all about the last film that "changed cinema forever".
This. There's never any real twists or conflict in cinema anymore. It's all padded bullshit where nobody gets marginalized.
>>
>>70473649
There was no reason for season 5 to have played out like it did. What a shitfest.
>>
File: 6kILNHS.gif (2 MB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
6kILNHS.gif
2 MB, 200x300
>>70470415
This is what disney has done to us. It has forcefed us the same generic formulate over and over that anything slightly innovative is considered a masterpiece. Its not.
>>
>>70472463
>MCqueen
>Not the most based director to come out in the 2000's

Ure a plen
>>
>>70473649
Oh I didn't even like Breaking Bad that much. It almost makes me happy that nobody talks about it, I was proved right in the end when I said it wasn't that great for years

>>70473721
Your ideas and his are not the same thing, I'm not sure what you're getting at
>>
>>70473819
No it's this cancerous /tv/ mindset that everything is a masterpiece or shit and nothing inbetween

>>70473853
>responding seriously to a poster who thinks Korine is the greatest director of the last 20 years
>>
File: Entry level directors.png (517 KB, 1466x447) Image search: [Google]
Entry level directors.png
517 KB, 1466x447
>>70473853
>McQueen
>based
You fit every adult video game player stereotype. McQueen is among the biggest hacks around today. He is one of the most prominent members of the memetic inauthenticity movement.
>>
File: 1448455880751.png (808 KB, 631x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448455880751.png
808 KB, 631x1024
The movie was alright but I can understand how it quickly sank into obscurity. It was a by-the-numbers flick.

Disgust though...mmm, delicious green dough-nutty butthole. I can never let her go.
>>
>>70474220
>Coens
>inauthentic
You could maybe make a case that most others are doing lesser versions of previous directors or something, but the Coens have had a highly specific and original voice for 30 years
>>
>>70474327
He's a retarded hipster, stop replying to him
>>
>>70474222
She`s 11 you creep.
>>
File: 1452598280851.jpg (40 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1452598280851.jpg
40 KB, 720x720
>>70474655
She's also fictional.
>>
>>70470797
>Literally no one is likable in that movie.

Disgust was the hottest person in that movie, sadly she got 2 seconds of screen time.
>>
File: foreign plebs.jpg (350 KB, 1870x827) Image search: [Google]
foreign plebs.jpg
350 KB, 1870x827
because you're a foreign pleb
>>
>>70470893
that was not the issue, please stop pretending to be retarded
>>
>>70474767
Yeah instead the blue blob that whines all the time got to literally take up the whole screen
>>
>>70473422
>Girlfriend
Get out of here
>>
The movie has no singular identity, the plot is about Joy and Riley and Sadness and moving to a new city and all these things. Compare to Up or Frozen, people can identify more with the characters trying to achieve their goals. Like anon said, this is another day at the park
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.