[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) the only decent horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 627x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 627x549
Is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) the only decent horror film remake ever?

Evil Dead was "ok" but ive never seen the originals fämälämäs.
>>
File: dawn_of_the_dead_ver3.jpg (48 KB, 534x755) Image search: [Google]
dawn_of_the_dead_ver3.jpg
48 KB, 534x755
This was better.
>>
>>70470177
The Thing was so good people don't even realize it was a remake
>>
>>70470177
>Evil Dead was "ok" but ive never seen the originals fämälämäs.

You don't get to talk about horror then you humongous faggot.
>>
>>70470177
Evil Dead (2013) was pretty good, probably the best horror remake of the 21st century. Fright Night (2011) was good, Dawn of the Dead (2004) was decent. I didn't like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003).
>>
>>70470177
Bodysnatchers '78
>>
File: matthew.jpg (31 KB, 604x416) Image search: [Google]
matthew.jpg
31 KB, 604x416
>>70470329
This tbH, top comfy film
>>
Evil Dead and Dawn of the Dead are the best horror remakes. The Thing (1980) can barely be considered a remake of the '50s one, and Friday the 13th was one of the best entries in the series but was definitely more of a sequel than a remake.
>>
>>70470177
>Is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) the only decent horror film remake ever?
>ever
I hope this is bait, the best horror remakes ever are The Thing, The Fly and Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.
>>
>>70470388
>Evil Dead and Dawn of the Dead are the best horror remakes.
Go watch David Cronenberg's The Fly.
>>
>>70470448

Was the new The Thing any good? Ive only seen it while drunk
>>
File: let-me-in.jpg (48 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
let-me-in.jpg
48 KB, 856x482
>>70470177
>>
>>70470485
Fuck, forgot that one. My bad. Solid choice, probably not my personal favorite though.
>>
>>70470448
>I hope this is bait, the best horror remakes ever are The Thing, The Fly and Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.
This.

Evil Dead, TCM and, to a lesser extent, Dawn of the Dead were shit.
>>
>>70470521
Most of the plot was a retread of John Carpenter's The Thing and the effects were shitty CGI. It would've been worth watching for the practical effects but the studio covered everything in CGI. I would give it a 5/10, it's not terrible but it isn't good either.
>>
/tv/ thinking Dawn of the Dead remake was any good has to be some major bait. Black zombie babie. Zombies ignore dog. Zombie guy write blood on board. Running Zombies.
>>
>turns Leatherface into generic silent killerman

Nah fuck the remake
>>
>>70470723
Yea i liked how in the original Leatherface was just defending his home.
>>
>>70470865
He made these horrid screams, like an animal acting on instinct. Hansen was most definitely acting in that movie and he's the best of the entire cast.
>>
Dawn of the Dead '04 is amazing the first time around, but when you watch it a few years later it just feels so bad. In a lot of ways it became a template for 2000's horror movies so it has something to dow with that, but even then the tone is so all over the place. It starts overly serious but the way its presented is laughable; the whole sequence of her driving away from the suburbs while cars crash and people get runover is so over the top its practically comedy. Then about halfway through it decides it wants to get in on the original's satire aspect and we get more humor added in.

I hate when hardcore fans of it hate on the original for being "campy" or goofy or whatever, because the original is confident in what its doing. The piefight, the grey-blue zombie makeup, the bright red blood, it all fits with the pulp comic tone of the movie. Its a lot like Creepshow.
>>
Hills Have Eyes remake is excellent, Wes Craven kinda sucked desu
>>
File: Maniac-2012.jpg (324 KB, 880x1198) Image search: [Google]
Maniac-2012.jpg
324 KB, 880x1198
>>70470177
>>
also
>>
>>70470573
That was a horrible remake.
>>
>>70471263
>>70471232
>>70470365
>>70470210
are arguably the only good horror remakes (that can be considered better than the original).
>>
>>70470177
TCM is the best horror film ever made. They cut the Hitchhiker and like other anons pointed out, Leatherface was more than just some 'Jason', invincible killer type. Remember how he got bullied by Siedow in the original? Never would have happened in that inane remake. I did like Full Metal Jacket as the 'sheriff', though.

The best horror remake is War of the Worlds. You could argue that it wasn't a horror film, but you would be wrong. Between the bodies floating by on the river, that intense creepy scene with Tim Robbins, and many others that I can't think of right now, That was one of the scariest films in recent memory.
>>
File: The-Ring-2002.jpg (431 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
The-Ring-2002.jpg
431 KB, 1000x1500
>>70470177
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.