[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was amazing! why the hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: 1462981952202.jpg (59 KB, 1280x568) Image search: [Google]
1462981952202.jpg
59 KB, 1280x568
This movie was amazing!
why the hate?
>>
>>70469259
.01 Mickeybux have been deposited into your Disney World Resort account
>>
>>70469259
Generic Marvel flick
>>
>>70469259
Its popular.
Generally means it gets over-hyped and people are dissappointed when its nly a 8/10 rather than the 10/10 they were expecting.
Others are just contrarian. Or have different tastes.
>>
File: Marvtard.jpg (68 KB, 1528x502) Image search: [Google]
Marvtard.jpg
68 KB, 1528x502
>>70469259
>>
>>70469259
It was fine but pretty dumb. I don't really have any strong feelings about it.
>>
>>70469295

Your complementary WB DC comics button pin has been shipped! Thank you for your service.
>>
>First Avenger 6/10
>Winter Solider 8/10
>Civil War 7/10
>>
>>70469325
>8/10
>talking about overhyped
ayy
>>
>>70469259
wait, what's the name of this particular one?
>>
>>70469259
DCucks are mad because it absolutely destroyed BvS in every single way.
>>
>>70469259

In my eyes it was decent. I think it was executed pretty well but unfortunately I can't stand that the MCU is nothing but generic movies nowadays. I feel like Disney and Marvel should give the directors way more liberty in doing what they want to do

From a marketing perspective, the new movies are GOAT-tier but they're forgettable

For example, I enjoyed BvS and X-Men Apocalypse more than Civil War even though both of those were inferior movies. They had more heart and offered at least some fresh ideas
>>
>>70469325
many people have seen many recent marvel movies, so certain bar for expectations is already set.
>>
>>70469259
I would say WB shills, but they can't afford them, so I'll say just mad DC bois.
>>
>>70469259

It was a fun movie but flawed. There was no sense of tension during the airport fight because of all the goddamned quipping. Spiderman was insufferable and sounded like a squeaker on Xbox Live.

7ish/10
>>
>>70469722
I don't remember a single fresh idea in BvS or Apocalypse.

BvS was just a generic clusterfuck showing that whoever edited the movie had no idea what he was doing, and Apocalypse was just forgettable without anything standing out, the graphical definition of a 5/10.
>>
>>70469664
>clearly a shill thread
>gets called out on it
>"I-I'm not a shill, y-you're a shill!"

Capeshit should be banned
>>
>>70469673
Pretty good, but I would rate First Avenger 5 (or maybe even 4 out of ten)
>>
>>70469722
>heart
I'm not even going to talk about BvS because that movie felt completely sterile, but Apocalypse really felt like Singer didn't want to make it.

DOFP was a movie with heart, and it would have been a perfect ending to the franchise.
Apocalypse seems like they made it because they didn't use the big bad of the X-Men yet.
>>
>>70469259
I cant into kids.
Cringed
>>
>>70469673
First avanger is lower than 6 bro
>>
>>70469816
>shill thread
>for a movie that's about to be end it's run
>>
>>70469816
If you want to see shilling take a look at all those spam threads trying to force Quicksilver into a meme.
>>
i really got bored out of MCU. i was so hyped for Civil war before they announced spiderman. then i got meh, i went it and now i just forgot.

i think i will just watch x-men movies from on. And big maybe if batman movie is good
>>
>>70469854
They still have a lot of brainwashing to reinforce to fool them into watching Dr. Strange, another assembly line quipfest in the making.
A shill's job is never finished.
>>
>>70469816

>everyone is the OP

Go to bed Snyder.
>>
>>70469947
The only legitimate shilling that has been in this board is that shitty Warcraft movie.

Capeshit won't be shilled here because capeshit audience are the masses, not a bunch of memeing neckbeards.
>>
>>70469259
black panther being completely cgi bugged the hell out of me, and I think such a huge thing like spiderman joining the mcu should have had more impact, but otherwise it was fine
>>
>>70469259

because some people didn't like it
because shills

think about how batshit insane people have gotten over BvS. you think that's normal, for so many people to rage out like that over a movie? it's shills, trying to ruin it and trying to fuck up online discussions. that way online discussions become a pointless mess, and the population goes back to the good ole days of accepting whatever the tv tells them to.
>>
>>70469828

correct me if I'm wrong but I am 100% sure that people would give it at least 70-80% scores if it used way less CGI

I liked X-Apocalypse but the lack of practical effects really hampered the experience
>>
>>70469259
Story is retarded
The movie just stops half way through so you can watch the heroes duke it out which feels like a different movie
Ironman and Cap falling out doesn't have any weight to it
VFX this time are just shit
Everything else is generic as fuck
>>
>>70469259
>Why the hate?
Two reasons.
>Capeshit
but more importantly
>Capeshit that Normies Liked
>>
File: wenn22767950.jpg (1 MB, 2701x3500) Image search: [Google]
wenn22767950.jpg
1 MB, 2701x3500
>>70469983
>BP
>CGI
What?
>>
File: hitler2.jpg (58 KB, 513x505) Image search: [Google]
hitler2.jpg
58 KB, 513x505
>mfw CGI Spiderman
>>
>>70469994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIezyXEJ5w

You are just a shill.
>lack of practical effects

everything nearly outside of Apocalypse effects were made in set
>>
>>70470002
Amazing, not a single reason in the entire post, just random words.
>>
SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE
>>
>>70470018
shit I didnt realise they used the actor at all, but it was 99% cg
>>
>>70469984
>>70470035
>SHILLS ARE THE REASON WHY PEOPLE DON'T SHARE MY OPINION
This is so sad.

I kinda want to see more of Marvel succeeding if it's going to bring rage like this.
>>
How could anyone approve that awful comedy and subpar action editing is beyond me.
This is a shill/pleb thread.
>>
theres not a lot of hate for it that Ive seen. Its mostly from DCucks.The movie is really good.
>>
>>70470057
>but it was 99% cg
Source?
>>
>>70470089
Look like retirement doesn't suit you!!!
>>
>I believe this is yours, Captain America. Civil War has just started

fucking hell
>>
>>70470057
That's was Spider-man, it was CGI but for some scenes because they didn't have an actor (of the character) when the movie was filmed.

Panther was mostly an actor but a couple of scenes.
>>
>>70470083
are you faggot? you literally said its full of CGI in apocalypse and i give you proof why it didnt.

you are just stupid then
>>
File: 1430533928529.png (207 KB, 367x454) Image search: [Google]
1430533928529.png
207 KB, 367x454
>Civil War was a success
>BvS and Apocalypse a failure in critics and both heavy underperformers
>everyone is mad as shit
Delicious.
>>
>>70469673

>First Avenger - 3/10
>Winter Soldier - 6/10
>Civil War - 4/10

It's still capeshit. Anything over a 7 is ridiculous.
>>
>>70470172
You showed Quicksilver's scene, that's all.
>>
>>70469994
The problem with Apocalypse is that nothing made any sense whatsoever. The overindulgent last 30 minutes of the movie were too much but didn't really ruin anything.
>>
I didn't like it at all. I thought it looked like a TV show, nothing cinematic about it. The only excitement you could get out of it is seeing all the action figures being smashed together in the parking lot but I just don't feel that shit at all
>>
>>70469259
Fanboys from the other two franchises are angry because CW destroyed both without even trying.
>>
>>70470176
>success
>a movie with black panther, spiderman , cap ironman literally avengers 3 cant pass iron>>70470203
>>
In the end a movie is about immersion. how good can you immerse yourself in characters? Marvels Characters are funny, quippy and sarcastic like 90 percent of people who watch these movies, think about themselves as. superman, batman and most other heroes arent that relatable because they are dark and brooding. people dislike these. look at batman vs iron man.

both lost their parents when they were young
both have billions of dollars
both see themselves as philanthropists

only thing is: bruce wayne is always displayed as a broken and angry man with some outburtsts of happy and funny, whereas tony stark is the exact opposite, a playboy, always funny, good for a joke but sometimes angry and brooding and these characters are way more interesting. it's interesting to see why characters who are usually happy get really angry at specific names or phrases or things people do that seem arbitrary but have a strong emotional impact on the characters. Other way around doesn't seem that interesting anymore.

it's simple psychology.
>>
>>70469673
>First Avenger - 4/10
>Winter Soldier - 6/10
>Civil War - 2/10

FTFY lil buddy!
>>
File: 1419506502108.jpg (62 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1419506502108.jpg
62 KB, 395x401
>>70470227
>muh parking lot
Will DCuck butthurt ever cease?
>>
To sum it up:

Character-centric story is used to disguise plot holes by constantly promoting pleasure center of brain. The films are made by comic book lovers whose first major focus is to deliver comic book goodness. When you say in "Spiderman scenes were cool" then you are being impacted by what was just said.

This Spiderman is the "best Spiderman ever" because it was intentionally created to be that. The Sony movies intentionally did their own things with the character. Marvel Studios got Spiderman "right" not because of chance or luck or skill, they did it on purpose very meticulously. Sony "got it wrong" on purpose to fit their story. But Marvel didn't just got him right, not caring that his appearance made any sense in the greater plot.

The scene of Peter and Tony in the apartment is a microcosm of the Phase 1 filmmaking philosophy that narrowed in crafting wonderful filled out characters that audiences could love. Same with Black Panther. Meanwhile the rest of the characters operate on 'assumed empathy' not just for the characters, but for Marvel Studios themselves. This is the reason why the actual nitty gritty of the plot to Civil War is such an afterthought. The plot is doing no service to the characters and isn't meant to. Because of this, you'll see that neither Captaim America nor Iron Man actually have a character arc in the movie. They are stable and static because Marvel doesn't want to mess with your assumption of them. Meanwhile Spiderman and Black Panther are new so they actually received development.

Bottom line: if you don't love the characters and pulpy action and humor, you'll see past them to the shoestringed story.
>>
>>70470167
>That's was Spider-man, it was CGI but for some scenes because they didn't have an actor (of the character) when the movie was filmed.
I really don't care about the reason. It looked lazy and bad. The dude starring as Spiderman was okay though.
>>
>>70470261
It won't because the movie is called Captain America, not Iron Man or Avengers.
>>
>>70469673
>First Avenger 5/10
>Winter Soldier 7/10
>Civil War 6/10
>>
>>70470281
>muh children's picture book company wars
Kill yourself.
>>
File: Evans-Poster.jpg (57 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Evans-Poster.jpg
57 KB, 500x334
>>70470176
You must be so pleased with all of your success.
>>
>>70470321
I don't really care, but I do enjoy the fact that this actually makes people mad as fuck.
You have DCfags on one side, and some people who tried to praise X-Men until they realized no one gave a fuck about it.
>>
>>70470289
The humor is a cynical tactic to remove any honesty from the film so as to make it safe from any criticism. Disney doesn't trust the source material nor the the audience enough to give them a non-ironic movie

>it's okay for me to like this kids flick because the quips acknowledge its lack of verisimilitude
>>
>>70470281
Please defend the film using common sense, intelligence, and logic. These nonsensical responses make you look like an imbecile.
>>
File: 1462310711692.png (38 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1462310711692.png
38 KB, 1000x668
>>70469259
It was a by the numbers soulless corporate cash grab that used the same cookie cutter MCU formula to produce an almost joyless experience that thought it was smarter than it really was. Also the constant quipping during the airport fight drained any sort of emotional depth that it barely had going for it. This is supposed to be one of the most hyped fights in the history of the MCU and it felt like there was nothing at stake.
>>
>>70470263
>only dark edgelords like myself will understand the intellectualism of BvS
grow up. BvS was bad on so many levels. The fact that the main characters were sad and unlikable just made it worse
>>
I liked it.
I pretend to love it because, as you can see in this thread, the very existence of this movie makes people really angry and I absolutely love that.
>>
File: 1463386334304.jpg (423 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
1463386334304.jpg
423 KB, 1860x1400
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>70470352
I like following trends too, anon. They make me feel like I'm a part of something. Like I have friends. They help me forget about the loneliness. One of my favourite things to do when someone insults me or says that they don't care about superhero movies is to hit caps lock and type 'DCSHILL' or 'YOU'RE MAD'. For that one, brief moment, I forget I'm me. I forget that I don't have any friends. That I don't have a girlfriend. That no one would really care if I died. That I'm wasting my youth hanging onto the coattails of a company that I have nothing to do with. I can pretend I've accomplished something, and cling to the success of an industry that would not be affected one iota if I set myself on fire and jumped off of a bridge. That's the power of Marvel. That's the magic of Disney. I'm cold.
>>
>>70470436
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/V8jgQpb4Wen_96Io2IriTQ/
lol mad DCuck
>not even the first post by this IP in this thread
>>
File: vor.jpg (21 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
vor.jpg
21 KB, 624x352
>>70470352
This. I grew up with Batman cause Marcel was pretty invisible where I grew up. I sort of enjoy the Marvel-flicks during hung-over Sundays. Same is true for X-Men. I'd never spend a dollar on any of those though. The latest DC movies fall into the same category for me but they were also horribly bad.
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.
>>
>>70470480
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/I%27m%20done%20with%20this%20Mickey%20Mouse-tier%20soap%20opera%20drama/

Why so angry, DC cuckie?
>>
>>70470436
>dir.
This is not how you cite movies.
>>
>>70470427
same here. I cant avoid these threads anymoore
>>
>>70470394
/thread
>>
File: 143103255765.png (112 KB, 355x320) Image search: [Google]
143103255765.png
112 KB, 355x320
>>70469259
DCucks are mad as shit that BvS was a failure.

I would say Foxfags too, but we all know Foxfags don't exist and it was just DCucks trying to use another movie to see if it beat Civil War.
>>
>>70470375
ayy
This was confirmed by Whedon himself.

During a heated battle with Ultron, Hawkeye quips about his seeming inadequacy compared to the other Avengers.

“We’re fighting an army of robots — and I have a bow and arrow,” he says. “None of this makes sense.”

“That line is in there because, at some point, someone has to say it — because if you don’t, the audience doesn’t know that you know,” Whedon says of the “Age of Ultron” zinger. “When the audience knows that the characters feel the same way they’d feel about it, it connects them. It’s actually a very important throwaway line.”

http://nypost.com/2015/04/25/the-top-5-geek-out-moments-in-avengers-age-of-ultron/
>>
File: wk5hmxh.gif (331 KB, 187x190) Image search: [Google]
wk5hmxh.gif
331 KB, 187x190
>>70469722
Respect for your civilized words, but you are ASS-BACKWARDS in your recognition of heart. People love Marvel for the heart and soul and affection put into them. The directors have plenty of room to show what they got, and that's why Ultron and Thor 2 are the more convoluted of their menu.
>>
>>70469722
The third act of Civil War is a fresh idea, there is literally nothing fresh at all about superheroes teaming up after fighting against a common threat, nothing fresh about a good vs evil super villain battle, you are such a contrarian fuck it's hilarious. And that's not even touching on the specific content of the movies, the fact is the ideas they present are not "fresh" in any sense of the word. What you really mean is those are less popular and being critically panned so of course they are better.
>>
>>70470454
holy shit, that's embarrassing
>>
>>70469722
It's funny because I expected Civil War to end up with a big bad popping up so that the two sides would join together again, and for BvS to do something different, and it was the opposite.
Don't know about Apocalypse, but I don't really care about that movie, and I doubt a lot of people do.
>>
I've seen it all before, just not interested in these anymore.
>>
>>70470394
There wasn't anything at stake. They fight, and when someone gets hurt everything comes to a crashing halt and no one can believe it. I thought Pacific Rim was garbage until I saw this film.
>>
>>70470549
>I'm so fucking lonely I can't breathe
>>
>>70470663
Name one superhero movie with anything at stake.
>>
>>70470289
the thing about marvel humour is, it is fucking safe. nothing to offend, just some sarcastic jokes, i'm pretty sure if you saw those movies a second time if you wanted to, you'd see that 90 percent of the jokes are sarcastic answers to someone or people would say "OHHH" in the cinema. it's like a jumpscare in a horror movie these days. plenty of it, pretty obivous and nothing to advance the "plot"

>>70470418
I love Marvel for what it is. I watch these movies 2 times tops, but watch all of them, they're perfect popcorn movies to watch with friends with or in cinema
But I also appreciate DC movies for what they are, I dislike most of them, thought batman vs superman was subpar.Superman is such a bad character to write stories about. what do you write about a character that has no flaws and can't die?it's just nonsensical to write something about superman. batman is far superior, i hope afflecks batman tops nolans, which can be pretty easy thinking about affleck as a director
>>
>>70470687
Hey, you are the one complaining about the most popular franchise in cinema history, chances are you are the lonely one.
>>
>>70470694
Is that a joke response?
>>
>>70469673
The fuck is this meme of Winter Soldier being good? Look at the first fight between Captain and that jacked up assassin; prime action material and most of the actual action is obscured by 3 cuts and close ups, with a single wide shot at times that shows that combatants *about* to do something cool, or the cool stunt that has been hacked to pieces to obscure the actors not being able to pull off shit.
>>
>>70470749
>mad DCucks trying to bring down TWS
So sad.
>>
>>70469816
>Someone has an opinion I don't agree with.
>They must be a shill, because NO ONE disagrees with my opinions.
Not that guy but your logic is shit. I'm sorry you didn't like this movie, quite a few people did.
>>
>>70470741
That's the only thing I've posted in this thread, mongoloid. Sweet comeback though.
>>
>>70470784
Lol
>>
>>70469915
The irony is I find Marvel, for its financial success, much less corporate than WB or Sony, et al. Amazing to me that Deadpool got made and issued to theaters and turned out what it was.
>>
>>70470694
The Avengers.
>>
>>70470901
Wrong.
It's a superhero movie, the heroes are always going to win.
You never ask if the heroes are going to win, but how are they going to win.
>>
>>70470663
The Avengers Age of Ultron had higher stakes and is a worse movie. The conflict is personal instead of the world ending and there is nothing wrong with that. Just stating the fact that the stakes aren't technically high as in life or death doesn't make the movie bad.
>>
File: sony genius marketing.jpg (205 KB, 1394x1442) Image search: [Google]
sony genius marketing.jpg
205 KB, 1394x1442
>>70470879
WB is just full of retardation and they are still numbed by Harry Potter's and Nolan's Batman's success, but I think Sony is legitimately the worst movie studio right now.
They are completely disconnected from the real world.
>>
>>70469909
haha no but serious isn't he LITERALLY us???
>neet
>sweet dreams are made of these
>xD hey are you guys going to buy X-men Apocalypse on blue ray when it comes out on the 18th of next month? I'm just your average X-men fan, I really like that Sophie turner too I predict great things for her what a natural beauty
>>
>>70470924
What I love about Civil War is how there are no "Winners" in the typical sense. The villain was going to kill himself after he got what he wanted and the heroes just end up fighting each other.
>>
>>70469983
Who you gonna trust, Marvel or your own eyes?
>>
>>70470924
How fast was your heart racing when you saw my response and started to type?
Kek. Sort your life out, kid.
>>
>>70469984
You might talk to your doctor about what you're experiencing.
>>
>>70470879
I think Marvel has been willing to take risks with D-list characters and unknown directors and it has paid off. Marvel studios is also ran by people who know and understand comics.
>>
File: 1464411696819.jpg (118 KB, 631x638) Image search: [Google]
1464411696819.jpg
118 KB, 631x638
>>70469259
>>
>>70469994
Why do you judge film on effects? Judge it on story, character, anything else.
>>
>>70471087
On that I agree.
I can't see Fox rebooting their X-Men universe and starting a new franchise with, let's say, a Gambit movie.

DC tried to pull off an Iron Man with Green Lantern and it was a complete failure.
>>
>>70470966
speak for yourself
>>
Its a movie for children or teenagers at a push but it was marketed to 20 somethings as well as kids.

If you are an adult and watch this you have a child's brain.
>>
>>70471175
Fair point, what do you like? What can I discuss on /tv/ that you and others would approve of and I would get replies to?
>>
>>70471175
Then /tv/ should love it.
>>
>>70469259
>amazing

I assume you're a time traveler from 1800s who is amazed by moving pictures
>>
because the vast majority of /tv/ poster's don't understand that a movie can be both high quality and insanely popular, so they just resort to contrarianism and tired shitposting.
>>
>>70471243
This.
Reminder that Baneposting, the most popular 4chan meme in years, was born because /tv/ wanted to hate The Dark Knight Rises as much as they could, so they memed about the opening scene when it leaked back in 2011.
>>
>>70471243
I have seen some criticisms of it but it seems because of the popularity they are turned from small things to huge deal breaking problems.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160605-041312.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160605-041312.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>70470261
It's still in theaters and has outperformed IM3 everyday since release. You are very, very stupid.
>>
File: B_Xdur8XEAEnEou[1].jpg (72 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
B_Xdur8XEAEnEou[1].jpg
72 KB, 600x800
Tony Stark's mom was a qt
>>
>>70471198
Its a film aimed at kids and people who are mentally stunted.
>>
It was average. Alot of nothing with a cool fight scene here and there that seems to make everyone forget about the rest of the movie despite the fights only being like 15 minutes of the movie, the music is generic and forgettable, the cinematography is unremarkable, the dialogue is forgettable and oft cringey(I dont see how thats a party), the drama is basic as fuck, I dont see this being held in any kind of reverence in future, its just so bland, yet reviews seem to treat it as a modern classic, which is just sad really.

I have no strong feelings for or against it, I have no desire to revisit it as it offered nothing.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160514-135305.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160514-135305.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>70470263
Ignore the other guy, you are exactly right. I think its possible that a Matrix style seriousness would be welcome to summer movie season, if you get my meaning, but it still has to have heart and story.
>>
>>70471382
Fair point. So what do you like, my man?
>>
File: the lobster.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
the lobster.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
>>70471198
I quite liked this film. Its a about lobster man and his adventures.
>>
>>70471391
Because I, and most audience members and critics, like the dialogue, drama, and score. You simply didn't which is cool but I thought all of those things were fantastic. A lot of the score is forgettable but the hard hitting parts sync perfectly with the drama, that was all great.
>>
>>70471435
What ever I say I like you will lamely try to attack. It was your mistake that you admitted to be a fan of children's films.
>>
>>70471499
I'm not OP, I just saw your post and wondered what kind of things elitists enjoy.
>>
>>70471526
>Not liking children's films makes you elitist.
You are making my day.
>>
>>70471290
of course. Its my favorite MCU movie, but even favorite movies have flaws, be they gigantic glaring messes or tiny little things only an asshole would nitpick.
>>
People on /tv/ hold such powerful opinions regarding capeshit goddamn
>>
>>70471526
BvS
>>
>>70471560
No but judging others to such an extent for liking them is definitely elitist. I like Zootopia and it is a children's film, but its generally well made and there is nothing that ridiculous about liking it while admitting it's for children. You are making my day too.
>>
File: Clarice.jpg (48 KB, 628x480) Image search: [Google]
Clarice.jpg
48 KB, 628x480
>>70470289
Well spoken. But in this movie, the character arc belongs to T'Challa. Marvel is doing something never done before; it is impossible without RAPE or DEATH to have 10 character arcs for a single character. Compare that to Batman and Superman who have no arcs ever, all they are is implied.
>>
>>70471611
Do you mind telling me what age you are?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
>>70470321
I grew up on, was almost raised by 70s and 80s Marvel comics. Stan Lee did an interview with 60 Minutes 30 years ago that at parties he was embarrassed at his profession. But look at him now.
>>
>>70471499

>"Y-you'll just lamely attack me!"
>Being this much of a bitch nigger on 4chan.

I checked em though.
>>
>>70471728
Should I list off every film iv ever enjoyed in the last 20 years? Okay ill give you some material. I thought battleship was arguably a good film if you treat it as a self aware and tongue in cheek satire of action movies.
>>
>>70471816
>someone else liked Battleship
Holy shit.
>>
>>70471868
There were parts where I burst out laughing at it and I am pretty sure they meant it to be like that.
>>
>>70471919
Well yeah, I thought that should be obvious.
>>
File: 1465142068251.jpg (220 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
1465142068251.jpg
220 KB, 600x648
>>70471620
this entire post
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 201x251
>>70470858
U mad.
>>
>>70469673
>>70469825
>>70469849
I don't get this meme.
First Avenger was good at least until the third act and had a goat villain.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeIuR3W1EC0
>>
>>70471868
I really tried to get into Battleship and prayed that some of the decisions were intentional in sort of a "Stylistic Suck" approach.
With that said, I loved the giant murderballs that the aliens were launching to trash the city. Really unique designs with some fairly decent cg work.
>>
File: images-70.jpg (22 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images-70.jpg
22 KB, 470x313
>>70472045
no it didn't
>>
>>70470962
That's a cold thing to read.
>>
>>70472045
First avengers movie had some novelty and took itself the least seriously. Down hill from there.
>>
>>70471940
Well I told other people to check it out because its so hammy and funny and they came back and told me it sucked as a serious action film.
>>
>>70472054
hes right
>>
>>70469673

> First Avenger 7.5/10
> Winter Soldier 7/10
> Civil War 7.5/5/10
>>
Is it true that it can't even beat Ironman 3?
>>
If you've gone to the cinema to watch any of these movies you deserve to be lobotomized
>>
>>70472054

That was actually quite insightful.
>>
File: evansfloorlaugh.gif (3 MB, 480x369) Image search: [Google]
evansfloorlaugh.gif
3 MB, 480x369
>DCfags are still butthurt their movie is boring and crashed harder than doomsday after falling from orbit
>>
>>70472164
Then they were all idiots.
>>70472227
No.
>>
>>70472054
What he says should be completely obvious but unfortunately its not to many people. A bad film puts the world at stake but you don't care because you are not invested in it.

A good movie has just one persons feelings at stake and you really care because you are invested.
>>
File: 1.jpg (7 KB, 122x128) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
7 KB, 122x128
>>70472227
Yeah

>Civil war(basically avengers 3 with SPIDERMAN):
$1.1 billion

Iron man 3(One of the worst MCU flicks): $1.3 billion
>>
File: 1468741654312.png (232 KB, 1170x1200) Image search: [Google]
1468741654312.png
232 KB, 1170x1200
>>70472434
Still more than BvS which, according to you, was going to make 1.7 billion, 1.jpg
>>
File: 1425445768325.jpg (7 KB, 112x149) Image search: [Google]
1425445768325.jpg
7 KB, 112x149
>>70472434
Batman v Superman, (basically Justice League without the ones nobody cares about):
870 million

TDKR (One of the worst DC flicks): 1.2 billion
>>
>>70472571
I suspect some of these cape films will not do nearly as well as projected. People have started calling them shit. The normies will stop going out of embarrassment.
>>
>>70472571
What curious figures.
>>
>>70472434
The difference between Captain America Civil War and Iron Man 3 is that one is called Captain America and the other is called Iron Man.

Domestically it has made quite a lot, but internationally it has suffered because of the Captain America name, and the fact that some countries call it weird names like
>The First Avenger: Conflict
>>
>>70472054
I dunno, I simply did not catch what he was explaining. I was engaged throughout the airport fight and each of the characters had great motivations, there was also clear winners in the fights.
>>
>>70472660
"America" does not stop people going to the cinema. The reason Iron man did better is that people are losing interest and momentum is growing behind "cape films are fucking gay".
>>
>>70472571
>BvS
>1.7 billion

>X-Men Apocalypse
>1 billion

>Civil War
>less than a billion
What the fuck.
>>
>>70472677
Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say you did not catch what he was explaining?
>>
>>70472714
>The reason Iron man did better is that people are losing interest and momentum is growing behind "cape films are fucking gay".

According to /tv/, of course, which predicted that GOTG and Ant-Man would flop.

The movie being called Captain America is what made it gross less.
If it was called Avengers: Civil War or Iron Man: Civil War, it would be at 1.3 billion easily.

Look at BvS, it's a gigantic fucking turd and it has made 870 million.
That alone is proof that this market is as healthy as ever.
>>
>>70472750
I mean I did not feel the same way as he did at all about the airport fight, although overall it seems he wasn't specifically talking about that or looses focus of it. Yet it seems to be the spark of the entire video.
>>
>>70472054
This fight scene should be perfect then, according to his theories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbJlLi9Qwc
>>
>>70472571
>BvS
>RT: 88%

>Suicide Squad grossing more than Civil War
>this levels of delusion

SS flopping and getting panned is just going to be BvS all over again.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3 KB, 73x86) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 KB, 73x86
>>70472571
>>70472606
>He's telling facts!!
>Better mention bvs for no reason

I've already won

>>70472660
See, this is someone who thinks. Though that doesn't change the fact that Civil War underperformed harder than anything else this year.
>>
because people need to be contrarian to craft the illusion that they have a personality
>>
>>70472840
>Civil War underperformed harder than anything else this year.

You yourself said that BvS was going to make 1.7 billion and it made less than half of that.
>>
>>70472789
Id say /tv/ has over estimated how quickly others would get bored with cape. It is happening. People do casually talk about how they dont like cape movies now. That will build.
>>
There was a really good 2-hour Captain America movie.

As much as I loved Paul Rudd, I wish that whole half-hour where it became a lighthearted Avengers movie wasn't in the movie
>>
File: 1486746156473.png (296 KB, 1898x405) Image search: [Google]
1486746156473.png
296 KB, 1898x405
>>70472840
Yes 1.jpg, BvS wasn't a complete flop.
>>
>>70472840
>Civil war
Quipple war lmao
>>
>>70472882
>People do casually talk about how they dont like cape movies now
I don't know anyone who does that though. Most of the people I know are only now getting into them for whatever reason.
>>
>>70472882
>People do casually talk about how they dont like cape movies now.
Source?

>>70472840
Actually BvS is the biggest underperformer of the year.
Absolutely everyone thought it would make Avengers money.
No one doubted it would surpass 1 billion, but it has barely surpassed a goddamn Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
>>
>>70472826
I get where you are coming from. They at least tried to have some emotional weight behind the fight but it still fails. Its batman and superman and we already know that neither will die and if they do it will be reversed.

Even superman dying to Doomsday was like "who cares?"
>>
>>70472840
>I've already won
But the DCEU is dying.
They put the fucking producer of Green Lantern in charge.
At least they kicked away some control from Hack Snyder, but they still have to reboot the whole thing.
>>
>>70472965
I am the source. People have casually talked about how cape movies suck.
>>
>>70473027
So there's no source?

I can tell you that none of my friends actively watch superhero movies.
Does that mean these movies are just ignored?
>>
>>70472982
Don't know the point of having Superman die just to have him revive in the first 5 minutes of Justice League.
>>
>>70473059
You don't seem to know how sources work. This is my observation. That is a valid source. You can doubt the quality of the source but why would I lie?
>>
>>70472840
hello charles
>>
>>70471444
Too Jewish.
>>
>>70472840
Zack pls, stay focused on Justice League, it'll be the last big movie you ever make.
>>
>>70473137
>anecdotal evidence is a valid source
No it isn't, actually.
>>
>>70473154
How exactly? Its a French/Irish collaboration, shot in Ireland with French, Irish and British actors.
>>
>>70471499
You just suck.
>>
File: 1.jpg (11 KB, 188x255) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11 KB, 188x255
>>70472965
>>70472876
No, that's Civil War

Batman v superman:
>Mos killed all hype
>Zack Snyder killed peoples hype
>Second movie of franchise
>Too dark for kids
>Critically panned

I'm surprised it made that much

Civil War:
>Spiderman
>13th movie of franchise
>last cap film
>Avengers film
>MCU film
>No competition
>Critically acclaimed

It's embarrassing that Civil War made ONLY $1.1 billion
>>
It's the best superhero movie of the year, which shows how fucking terrible this year has been.

I don't count Deadpool as a superhero movie because it was barely capeshit.
>>
>>70473179
I am published in scientific journals. Pretty much anything is a source. There are good sources and bad sources.

Everything starts out as opinion or observation. Then there is experimentation and then someone else repeats the experiment and gets the same results.

My unproven opinion is a weak source but it is a source.
>>
>>70473235
>killed all hype
>literally had the biggest superhero movie opening in history
>almost 500 fucking million in ONE weekend.

Oh no, there was a fuckload of hype, it's the terrible word of mouth what killed it, and BvS is probably going to be the root of the DCEU's death.
>>
>>70473274
Sorry, unproven observation.
>>
>>70473235
THIS
>>
>>70473235
>Mos killed all hype
>Second movie of franchise
>Critically panned

Man, how much it must have hurt for you to write this.
At least you accepted that BvS terrible, so it's fine.
>>
>>70473274
>I am published in scientific journals
Sure you are, laddie. And I'm the Duke of Edinburgh.
>>
>>70471868
This is substantiated proof that the Internet contrarian exists. Battleship, TMNT, Jupiter Ascending kind of shit all gets a pass, Marvel is shit. Caught in the wild.
>>
>>70469259
>Actually calling him Captain America
>Not just Cap or Steve
>>
>>70473324
That impresses you? Anyone doing any science degree should get at least a few things published. Its not hard.
>>
File: slut busters.jpg (47 KB, 623x623) Image search: [Google]
slut busters.jpg
47 KB, 623x623
>>70473235
>no hype
>almost as much presold tickets as The Force Awakens
>biggest superhero movie opening in history

Who are you trying to fool?
You yourself was the one who was spamming threads about how hype this movie was and to have faith.
>>
>>70471978
I bet you liked Dexter seasons 5-8. And monster of the week X Files.
>>
>>70473363
Jupiter ascending could have been good except they aimed it at the non existent hard core nerd girl market.

Lol trannies thinking they know what actual little girls will like.
>>
>>70472677
>there was also clear winners in the fights.
In what possible way? These movies constantly undo any kind of consequence that happens.This particular fight ends with captain asshole running off with his boyfriend while every else gets captured. Also the black dude gets hurt.

Then the movie ends with all the captured assholes escaping while the black dude is in rehab and will make a full recovery. So what exactly was resolved? Captain asshole and his butt buddies are free and still don't give a shit about the whole UN thing. Nobody died or got handicapped in any serious way.

Even the whole personal conflict between captain asshole and corporate asshole is rendered entirely meaningless by the scene where captain assholes send his ex boyfriend a phone and goes "BFF 4 LYFE"

Personally, I'm tired of these movies because they keep showing me the same thing over and over again - indestructible people punching each other for a while over some dumb contrivance with basically no consequences. Not to mention the really dumb PG-13 violence. These assholes rip apart whole cities but a bit of blood is just too much.Marvel, BvS, X-Men... it's all the exact same shit
>>
File: 148674165443.png (611 KB, 1868x802) Image search: [Google]
148674165443.png
611 KB, 1868x802
>>70473235
>there was no hype
Dude, this is a thread you yourself made.
>>
>>70473382
Anon, I know it isn't impressive. But I refuse to believe you simply because you flaunt it as some kind of badge of honor on an anonymous imageboard. You're not going to impress anyone here with anything you claim about yourself. You can stop trying now.
>>
File: 1418850888476.jpg (22 KB, 225x255) Image search: [Google]
1418850888476.jpg
22 KB, 225x255
>>70473235
>no hype for BvS
>>
>>70472118
I need more spectacle. That toy is no good, it doesn't DO ANYTHING!!!
>>
>>70473235
Exactly, a Captain America movie made 1.1 billion, beating a Batman and Superman movie, it's fucking impressive.
>>
>>70473452
You are projecting your insecurity. My observation is a source.
>>
File: man.png (593 KB, 733x527) Image search: [Google]
man.png
593 KB, 733x527
>>70469722
>I feel like Disney and Marvel should give the directors way more liberty in doing what they want to do
Picrelated was the last time they gave freedom to a person.
>>
>>70473235
Civil war was a box office success tho phamalam
>>
>>70473532
Actually directors are much more free now.
The comittee overseeing the MCU has been disbanded, and Ike Perlmutter is no longer cutting away budget, that's why they are throwing so much money into actors for Thor 3, there's no one to tell them ''stop spending money'' because Disney just wants to sell toys, the profits from the movies are pocket change for them.
>>
File: 1463327812875.jpg (53 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1463327812875.jpg
53 KB, 450x488
>>70472434
It has tracked better than IM3 since day one and is still in theaters. Civil War is 14th biggest movie of all time and this weekends numbers are not even out yet. This guy don't know how to Internet.
>>
>>70473532
As someone who doesnt read comics I liked the twist, it was entertaining, still gets a chuckle from me when someone complains about this, like I imagine during this scene someone was holding their little Mandarin action figures and started frothing at the mouth when the scene unfolded and began stripping the posters from his walls.
>>
File: 3439810160.jpg (259 KB, 647x521) Image search: [Google]
3439810160.jpg
259 KB, 647x521
>>70469259
It's the 20th superhero film in a row where nothing of consequence ever happens, the light hearted superhero flick gets boring after a while.
>>
>>70472789
CIVIL WAR IS STILL IN THEATERS.
>>
>>70473059
I think it just means your friends are no good.
>>
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 655x370) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 655x370
>>70473570
No it wasn't

>$250m budget
>$300m marketing
>$10m accommodation for press
>$0.00 paid 4chan shills (Evans poster)

$560 million is what they spent. And the 20% fees for theatres. That's around $200 million.

That's $260 profit lmao

Infinity war will do much worse
>>
>>70473860
>300 million marketing
Source?

>Infinity war will do much worse
That's what you wish, mate, but you know very well it's going to be a major success.
It's going to be the final nail in the coffin of the DCEU.
If they haven't cancelled it after Justice League flops, of course.
>>
>>70473860
Infinity war will make $800 million

Screen cap this.
>>
>>70473860
>$300m marketing
>And the 20% fees for theatres.

By this flawed logic, how much money has BvS lost?
>>
>>70473183
I was totally clowning, the quote is from Mel Brooks, I think, when the producers are trying to find a play that no one would pay to see. Not that the Lobster has to have Avengers numbers to be successful, it looks great.
>>
>>70473860
>G-GUYS CIVIL WAR WAS A TOTAL FLOP
My poor 1.jpg can't possibly be this cute.
>>
>>70473860
>Infinity war will do much worse
Sorry Zack, this isn't the DCEU.
>>
File: 1.jpg (189 KB, 978x1447) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
189 KB, 978x1447
>>70473675
C'mon
Even x3 was better than Civil War. It had consequences that resulted in a timeline rift.

Civil war is an insult to the true meaning of Civil war. It's just a parking lot battle.
>>
>>70474086
>true meaning of Civil War
Oh boy, this is getting good.
Go ahead, 1.jpg, tell us the true meaning of Civil War.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160605-041917.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160605-041917.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>70473235
Hey, buddy. Word on the street is CIVIL WAR IS STILL IN THEATERS.
>>
File: 198520958295.gif (1 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
198520958295.gif
1 MB, 245x140
>>70474086
Fun fact: X-Men 3 has more than twice the RT score of Batflop v Superman.
>>
>>70473324
That's quite a story, Duke!
>>
File: 14867461687468.jpg (94 KB, 780x523) Image search: [Google]
14867461687468.jpg
94 KB, 780x523
>>70474086
Zack, if you keep posting, WB's hitmen will find you.
>>
>>70474179
Lizzie, please. You'll pee your pants if you keep this up.
>>70474264
What are they gonna do, drop an anvil on him?
>>
>>70473424
Not sure who they aimed at, but I couldn't get through it.
>>
>>70474307
Make it look like an accident so they have an excuse to cancel Justice League.
And if a new director pops up, they'll kill Cavill, Affleck and Gaddot.
>>
>>70473427
I think you might be low test.
>>
>>70474354
Bin-Afflecki has mad connections though. And Gadot probably has Mossad watching her back.
>>
>>70469259
/tv/ hates fun
>>
>>70474398
There's nothing they can do againt the most lethal corp in this planet. American policemen.
>>
>>70474408
I, on the other hand, love fun. I even had fun with the original Fantastic Four movie.
>>
>>70469259
More of a story about themes instead of a Story.
>>
File: 1.jpg (174 KB, 1432x954) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
174 KB, 1432x954
>>70473918
>>70473944
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/11/25/captain-america-civil-war-trailer-is-just-first-stage-of-marketing-blitz/
>$200million
My bad

The thing with the marvel movies os the formula is getting boring. My marvelfan friends skipped Civil War.

Avengers 2012- $1.5 billion

Ironman 3 2013- $1.3 billion

Age of ultron 2015- $1.3 billion

Civil War 2016- $1.1 billion

It's not looking good
>>
>>70474491
>It's not looking good
Uhh, mate. It's looking pretty fucking great. See all that money? That's a lot.
>>
File: 1486746846523.jpg (66 KB, 620x257) Image search: [Google]
1486746846523.jpg
66 KB, 620x257
>>70474491
Zack, at least setup a VPN, it's for your safety.
>>
>>70474086

>Even x3 was better than Civil War.

It bothers me that there are people who would even type that out as a joke. I saw X3 in theaters. I saw Wolverine Origins in theaters too. It's like someone making light of a crime you've been the victim of.
>>
>>70474137
>a WAR between citizens of the same COUNTRY

Wanda, vision, panther aren't even from America. It wasn't even a war.
>>
File: 1461266251651.webm (260 KB, 330x580) Image search: [Google]
1461266251651.webm
260 KB, 330x580
>>70474491
>mfw Snyder is risking his own life to keep posting on /tv/

Your movies are bad, but we don't want you dead man.
>>
>>70474638
What did she see?
>>
>>70474675

She looked at the top of Cavill's head.
>>
File: 1461268556710.webm (500 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
1461268556710.webm
500 KB, 600x336
>>70474675
Evans called RDJ a small, insecure little fucking manlet.
>>
>>70474491
This just in: CIVIL WAR IS STILL IN THEATERS.
>>
>>70474491
>Civil War 2016- $1.1 billion
Its going to be in theatres for at least another month.
>>
>>70474561
I lolled .
>>
>>70474804
same haha :)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.