[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1200x600
>"You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70468092
That no matter how hard you try, you cannot harm a God (AKA Apocalypse). It's really not that hard to undertsand anon
>>
>>70468092
That it doesn't matter how advanced humans get, they will never equal the heights of mutants.
>>
v = the square root of ((2*m*g)/(ρ*A*C))
>>
>>70468092
I will send it to /sci/
>>
>>70468092
I dont understand why the 3 other horsemen didnt leave then and there. He literally just starts shouting shit at random. They didnt see wtf he was doing, just heard him screaming about rocks and slings.
>>
>>70468131
>>70468141

Well they might as well have said, "no matter how high you build the tower of babel, you can never hit god"
>>
>>70468092
i dont know
i have not finished watching the camrip yet
>>
>>70468273
But there's no poetry in that
>>
>>70468249

That was to emphasize that he had been under rocks, sleeping for a few thousand years, he didn't know shit about modern society even after that TV-info absorption trick.
>>
He could of have just said "You mother fuckers can never beat me, suck shit cunts"
>>
>Character starts quoting bible garbage.
I hate this when it's done just for show.
>>
>>70468325
No it wasnt, it was a retarded anti-gun rant that started off with man's first projectile weapon - the rock.
>>
What was even his power in the movie? All his abilities seem to be garbage
The only things he did are
>made other mutants slightly stronger
>controlled Xavier's ability for like 20 seconds somehow
>grew a thing to grab Quickmemer
>learns from TV
>kills a bunch of people by snapping his fingers, for some reason never does that again
>>
>>70468433
Apocalypse was literally meant to be God, though. he predates the bible.
>>
>>70468531
>Ability to increase other mutants' powers
>Telekinesis
>Teleportation
>Healing factor

Wow that was hard.
>>
>>70468598
I've been trying to figure out who the mutants were in his throne room before it collapsed, like I realize they were his 4 horsemen but do they have names? There was superstrong apocalypse looking guy, the fire dude, the lady who crunched a guy into a ball and chucked him at the wall...I must know who they are
>>
>>70468570
>BTFO by a teenage girl
>""""""""""""""""""""God"""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>70468654
Try asking /co/
>>
>>70468660
He was BTFO by the Phoenix Force.
>>
So what happened to the rockets? Wouldn't it be better if Pocalypse seeing his losing the battle got all the rockets coming back down to destroy the earth and Magneto would stop them saving millions of peoples lives? It would be a great redemption for Magneto.
>>
>>70468654
They weren't characters from the comics is that's what you're asking.
>>
>>70468660
>phoenix force
>a teenage girl
Phoenix is more of a god than apocalypse is
>>
when did he built those monuments.
>>
>>70468531

>teleports
>levels Cairo and makes a pyramid out of it
>has a protection shield like the aliens in ID4
>>
>>70468857
When you weren't looking.
>>
>>70468787

By fucking far.

Still, Sansa's just not that impressive or scary to me.
>>
Anyone have a link to the telecine?
>>
>>70468365
or he could have just said
im a huge asshole
and im going to ruin everything
>>
>>70468092
Then we'll make the tower ten feet higher until we do!
>T. Donald Trump
>>
File: 13455223293.jpg (50 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
13455223293.jpg
50 KB, 556x561
>gets control of all the nukes in the world
>doesnt end everything right fucking there by nuking the whole world except maybe a couple of cities and then starting to "rebuild" or whatever the fuck he wanted to do
>gets into huge convoluted plan instead because movie
>>
>>70469261
>wanting to rule over a nuclear asscrack
>>
>>70469261

radiation fucks up mutants too
>>
>>70469276
but literally destroying everything making it look like its nuked minus the radiation was great to rule
>>
>>70469261
A place like Earth wouldn't be habitable after a nuclear winter
>>
>>70469330
why would he give a fuck? he's not magneto he doesnt want to make a mutant brotherhood
>>
>>70469276
>>70469361
>he fell for the nuclear winter meme
>>
>>70469361
>nuke everything
>save a handful of mutants
>literally fall asleep for a couple of thousand years or however it takes the nuclear winter to end
>wake up
>no humans
>>
>>70469400
the breakdown in society would cause even more damage after all those nukes drop
>>
>>70469353
Yes because he can rebuild it and repopulate it. Harder to do that in a nuclear wasteland.
>>
>>70469391

so he wants to.... kill everyone?
>>
>>70469391
>he's not magneto he doesnt want to make a mutant brotherhood

That's actually pretty close to what he wants.
>>
>>70469506
>repopulate it
>?
Its a way more solid plan since it involves way less risk and the dude can literally sleep the nuclear winter off and then have a whole planet for his own and whoever he chose to save
>>
>>70469513
no he wants to rule who survived from Magneto kill all buildings thing

is that so hard to understand?
literally given in a line from movie.
>>
>>70469513
I have no idea
>>70469543
what does he actually want? in the beginning he clearly has human followers..wants to be revered as a god? with the mutants as a ruling class under him? is it even explained at all or are we supposed to draw conclusions by conjunctions? everything he says is so vague and movie-y
>we'll built a better world!
>>
>>70469640

>WE will make a better world with those who survived.(from magneto attack to wipe buildings)

IS /tv/ mentally retarted?
>>
>>70469640
Apocalypse is basically Donald Trump, and the 4 horsemen are random users on /pol/ who has gained his attention by the strength of their shitposting.

WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

WE WILL BUILD A BETTER WORLD, AND THE HUMANS ARE GONNA PAY FOR IT!
>>
>>70468531
>makes sand out of stuff
>makes stuff out of sand
>can morph people into cement
>can make mutants stronger
its really unspecified
>>
>>70468433
Apocalypse believes he is God though. He isn't just saying it to sound cool.
>>
>>70469836
He does think that, but when he gets evaporated by the Phoenix Force he realized that he was just a little bitch just like all the other mutants, that's why he says at last I truly see, because he was witnessing the power of a true god.
>>
>>70469764
really
>>
>>70469912
Yes really, considering that X-men has always been progressive, they have an actual super villain who keeps making these vague assertions of a better world that noone can really clarify.
>>
>>70468092
>>"You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!"

Read up on what Tower of Babel is and you'll understand.
>>
>>70469902

I think when he got evaporated by Phoenix he felt satisfied that the strongest had prevailed, and the level of destruction they keep seeing in prophecies is basically what he wants/Phoenix will accomplish.

It's dumb that he died though. He's one of my favorite X-Men villains.
>>
>>70469640

>what does he actually want?

To destroy weak civilizations so that stronger civilizations rise in their place. He clearly explains it many times.
>>
>>70471451
Apocalypse doesn't really die though, he always comes back one way or the other.
>>
>>70469261
he just wanted to get rid/enslave humans and build a nice comfy place world for muties. Hard to do that when the world is a fucking wasteland and every mutant has died of cancer or starved.
>>
>>70468092
It means the cartoon was better.

>Beast, how many peoples have dreamed of my end? You are no closer than the Babylonians with their swords and firesticks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.