[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New ep of Top Gear tonight at 8pm on BBC2. Get ready for more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: tg_-line-up.jpg (197 KB, 1959x1102) Image search: [Google]
tg_-line-up.jpg
197 KB, 1959x1102
New ep of Top Gear tonight at 8pm on BBC2. Get ready for more forced chemistry and Chris Evan's shouting a lot.

>"Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and Eddie Jordan take music stars Sharleen Spiteri, Seasick Steve and Tiny Tempah on the ultimate SUV test in wildest South Africa."
>>
>>70464684
So Chris letting Tiny into the natural environment?
>>
>>70464731
South Africa is white though.
>>
>>70464684
>Seasick Steve
>>
>>70464684
I'm just waiting for Evans to breakdown
>>
>>70464684
I hate that middle guy's smug face
>>
What's the delay between airtime and the episode hitting iPlayer? I'm in the US so I don't have BBC, but I do have a UK VPN.
>>
File: tmp_10820-images(2)696901395.jpg (9 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10820-images(2)696901395.jpg
9 KB, 278x181
>Wildest south africa
Please let some dindus necklace Chris evans
>>
>>70466887
afaik, almost as soon as it's finished airing.
>>
File: bewildered.gif (80 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
bewildered.gif
80 KB, 400x390
>>70464684
>music stars Sharleen Spiteri, Seasick Steve and Tiny Tempah
>>
>Sharleen Spiteri
>Seasick Steve
>Tinie Tempah

are they hiring guests for Top Gear or side acts at V Festival?
>>
Are celebrities who continue to appear on Zombie Top Gear.. "cucks"?
>>
File: who.gif (1 MB, 400x190) Image search: [Google]
who.gif
1 MB, 400x190
>>70464684
>Sharleen Spiteri, Seasick Steve and Tiny Tempah
>>
>Sharleen Eugene Spiteri[1] (born 7 November 1967) is a Scottish recording artist and songwriter from Bellshill, Scotland, and the lead singer of the rock band Texas

still not a scooby who she is
>>
File: wojak mclaren flag.png (83 KB, 534x629) Image search: [Google]
wojak mclaren flag.png
83 KB, 534x629
>>70464684

i'm only hyped for the McLaren 675LT test with based Jenson.
>>
Think I'm gonna watch Soccer Aid with /sp/ and skip this episode with /tv/. Seems a bit shit.
>>
>>70464684
It literally has a laugh track now.
They have studio audience, and still need to use a laugh track.

Why would I waste my time with this trash, when I could just watch some of the top-gear specials instead?
>>
>>70464684
To be honest, I found LeBlanc a little bit more likable than I expected, but overall..........pic related.

>>70466938
Fingers crossed.

>>70467300
The way I see it is that someone like Jesse Eisenberg hasn't a clue what's going on and is just there for agent-mandated self-promotion, whereas Gordon Ramsay knows the full story and still chooses to attach himself to this atrocity.
>>
>>70467636
To be fair Ramsey sold out a LOOOOOONG time ago when he started doing American "reality" (There's nothing fucking real about it) TV.
>>
Anyone else getting pangs watching it and thinking about how comfy and fun it was with the three lads.
>>
File: topgearjeremy2.jpg (227 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
topgearjeremy2.jpg
227 KB, 1200x675
>>70467793
m8 don't remind me.
>>
>>70467793
>Anyone else getting pangs watching it
no
>thinking about how comfy and fun it was with the three lads
hell yes
>>
File: 1465123551776.jpg (20 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1465123551776.jpg
20 KB, 500x313
>Top Gear
>2 Americans
>1 Irish man
>>
Is there a drinking game for the new Top Gear yet?
>>
>>70467331
>not knowing who Tiny Tempah and Seasick Steve are

stay american
>>
>>70467965
Take a drink every time you want to forget this shitschlock exists.
>>
>>70467365

if you're a britbong their songs were constantly on the radio in the late 90s
>>
>>70468047
I don't want an alcohol poisoning, just a little harmless fun.
>>
>>70466887
You can play it live I think
>>
These guests are the epitome of has-beens. Seasick Steve especially. Gina G and A1 next week...
>>
>>70464684
I'm not watching it. I want to see Evans have a proper twitter meltdown.
>>
>>70467365
If you're from the UK and don't know Texas then you're too young.
>>
>>70468207

Hope we get Sleeper and Deep Blue Something soon
>>
>>70464684
>Tiny Tempah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEiva3cMv6k

God damn I hate Brits.
>>
>>70464731
>Tinie Tempah
>South African

he's a nigerian boy you dunce
>>
Why do Brits constantly overstate the amount of black people living in their country? It seems like the number one mode of employment of black British people is in the entertainment industry
>>
File: 0_original.jpg (198 KB, 2370x2370) Image search: [Google]
0_original.jpg
198 KB, 2370x2370
>>70468516
>>
>>70468639
kek
>>
File: file.png (604 KB, 928x583) Image search: [Google]
file.png
604 KB, 928x583
>>70467793
Fuck Evans, I've been marathoning the lads since the abortion that was last weeks episode aired.
>>
>>70468769
>watching shows on some shitty website
wtf are you doing?
>>
I watch a 24/7 stream, it's comfy as fuck, I can tune in at any time and see what adventures they're up to that day.
>>
>>70468881
My hard drive is already full to bursting with other stuff right now and I can't be bothered at the moment so I'm just streaming.

Usually never commit this cardinal sin.
>>
>>70468769
same

after watching the newer seasons on Netflix I torrented the rest and started from the beginning.

Season 3 right now, nice to see where that destrtoyed Toyota pickup in the studio came from.
>>
>>70468913
>24/7 stream

Dave?
>>
>>70464684
Watching a second episode of this makes you a moron. FACT.
>>
>>70464684
Top Gear is on tonight. FACT
>>
gimme that stream so i can meme pham
>>
I wonder how Seasick Steve is doing these days

like did he maybe drink all his money or whatever, these things happen

I hope he's doing well
>>
>>70468960
>That pickup
It went through some shit.
>>
>>70468094
>>70468207
yeah I'm a britbong,

tbf after youtubing her I do recognise some of the tunes but she's hardly a relevant celeb
>>
>>70468267
then don't watch our shows and fuck off
>>
>>70468639
>>70468700
What?
>>
>>70469045
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo
>>
>>70468998
>>70469016
Episode 23 of season 2 is on tonight, FACT. Just the FACTS here boys.
>>
Not really a fan of this FACT meme. That's just my opinion.
>>
>>70469275
Anon doesn't like the FACT meme. These are the FACTS folks.
>>
>>70469275
Come on Chris, give us more FACTS.
>>
>>70469275
>opinion

we only respect FACTs around here
>>
>>70469275
>That's just my opinion.
You mean that's just FACT.
>>
>>70469197
takbir brother
>>
>>70469071
He slumming it on Top Kek, can't be doing great.
>>
No ones seriously going to watch this are they?
>>
>>70469781
I'm British and I torrented the first episode because I knew it'd be shit and I didn't want to give them my viewership. But jesus christ, it was a lot fucking worse than I expected.
>>
who, who and fucking who
>>
File: Muh shekels!.jpg (61 KB, 634x308) Image search: [Google]
Muh shekels!.jpg
61 KB, 634x308
>>70468881

Don't stream it, anon!
>>
>>70467700
>To be fair Ramsey sold out a LOOOOOONG time ago when he started doing American "reality" (There's nothing fucking real about it) TV.

The money's real.
>>
>>70469925
I torrented it and couldnt get passed the part where Joey comes in and waves cuckman over like they're the best of friends already after literally 7 seconds.
>>
COME ON EVERYBODY HOW ABOUT A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR EPISODE 2 YEAH? WOO! COME ON GUYS..........guys?
>>
WE DO NOT USE CANNED LAUGHTER. FACT.
>>
>>70470120
The sad part is, that was clearly rehearsed, and Chris still looked like a retarded cunt flailing his way over to Matt.
>>
>>70467365
>>70468094
>>70468139
>>70468207
>Be BBC producer
>"Get me the hippest group of musicians that appeal to today's youth"
>I gotcha
>>
>>70470165
THAT WAS AWESOME, IT WAS LIKE A MOVIE, THE ITALIAN JOB! That angered my inner /tv/ more than it should
>>
>Hang off until about half nine and the torrent should appear.
>Watch that or an unofficial live stream if you want to join in thread bantz
>spend rest of evening drinking Evans delicious twitter tears
>FACT
>>
You britcucks and your car show
>>
I honestly feel a bit bad for LeBlanc. He seems like a cool guy who just loves cars and who wouldn't want to do Top Gear as a job? I don't think he really knew what he was getting himself into.

Chris Evans on the other hand is a horrible replacement. Not using buzzwords but he just looks beta, he is not a masculine strong character. Clarkson was a confident and masculine "guy" who naturally gets attention and is decent to get along with, in any environment. Every work place has a guy like Clarkson who is a tiny bit of a cunt but still a funny and decent guy, good to have around and never boring. This is his appeal. Chris Evans has none of that and he simply LOOKS annoying. BBC can't deny the fact that their audience is mostly "regular guys", and a "regular guy" doesn't want to hang out with some metrosexual city faggot with huge glasses and a weak personality. What were they thinking?

That's the thing about Top Gear. The hosts were just cool and the whole thing basically just relied on the fact that it's essentially the viewer "hanging out" with the three guys. You can't just replace them and expect the audience to love the replacements. It's like trying to keep Nirvana going after Kurt Cobain died or something.
>>
>>70464684
didnt watch last weeks forgot top gear existed waiting for the Hammond,James and Jeremy show
>>
Did anyone else notice they had Chris rewrite all the laptimes for the power board, because they were too salty to even let Clarkson's handwriting remain.
>>
>>70468207
Yeah, can't wait for them to get Hard-Fi's frontman on next week.
>>
>>70470337

Also the way they went about it was so arrogant. No real introductions of the new hosts. As a non-Brit I have no fucking idea who Evans is supposed to be and it was jarring that he didn't even introduce himself, as if everyone already knows who they are.

And it feels so hollow as they just "jumped into it". Also why did they hire like 10 presenters if its only 2 of them in the studio? Feels so empty, 2 people vs 3. They literally have some other show with 2 unknown presenters that isn't even shown on TV, its some web episode special! wtf are they thinking

Plus their attempts of "one-upping" the old Top Gear are so blatant and see through.

>We don't have a star in a reasonably priced car
>we have TWO

>btw we have a RALLYCROSS CAR (totally killing the idea of having people drive a normal road car on a track)

>btw we have a NEW EPIC RALLYCROSS DIRT TRACK (which is going to be so inconsistent that the laptimes are just going to be vastly different depending on weather season etc, much more than a tarmac track)
>>
File: CreepyClarkson.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CreepyClarkson.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>70467793
>Mfw those pangs are actually unbridled joy in watching the new Top Gear become a trainwreck
>>
>>70470403

It was hilarious. I wonder how they're going to manage having the actual test track be functional when they shat on the whole thing with the rally cross track. Track is going to be full of dirt all the time

Also the Eisenberg cringe.

>whats the coolest car you've had?
>oh just that one
>w.w.wwelll we cant have that, it ruins this bit completely!!
>umm.. whats the best car you've ever been in?
>a Porsche
>OK SO YOUR BEST CAR WAS A PORSCHE YOU SAT IN ONCE WHICH ONE IS COOLER THIS RANDOM PORSCHE OR RAMSAYS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE AND UNIQUE LA FERRARI???
>>
>>70470474
but old Top Gear had a season where they had 2 guests at once. Also Chris Evans is a radio dj who has presented some tv shows. Nearly everyone here knows who he is because hes an annoying twat.
>>
File: Chad_daddy.jpg (11 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
Chad_daddy.jpg
11 KB, 211x212
According to The Sun, Evans even had to plead with the crowd during filming as they refused to laugh, telling them: “If you find things vaguely funny or you think they were supposed to be funny please laugh.”
>>
>>70470559

Yea I'm just saying that Top Gear has one of the largest global audiences (at least used to lol) and is one of the most watched shows ever, so it would have been pretty logical to at least throw in an introduction to these new hosts that not everyone outside of Britain is familiar with
>>
>>70470643
yeah i agree. i see that they picked Matt Le Blanc because hes someone that the Americans will know, but i dont think Chris Evans even introduced himself
>>
Don't worry Ameriburgers, even a vast amount of Brits think Evans is a literally who.
A lot of people will most likely just find his voice familiar, if that.
>>
>>70470626
T..that's not a f...fact.
>>
>>70464684
More like Top Flop.

Only decent thing is Joey

FACT.
>>
>>70470403
Holy fuck, I bet he did that of his own intiative
>>
should I torrent this? How shit is it on a scale from 1 to India special?
>>
>>70470403
top fucking kek I didn't even notice
that is utterly pathetic
>>
>>70470474
>uk show not pandering to people outside of the uk is a sign of arrogance

Don't pretend as if you had a clue who clarkson may or hammond were before top gear; go back to the first seasons and you'll see they didn't introduce them either
You can't expect a UK show to do it, the same way a US based show doesn't bother to explain new faces on shows despite the lgobal viewership
the other hosts are on their bonus show called extra gear ( it's actually pretty good , feels like an actual motoring

As i see it , nothing's changed.
The main host is still a massive cunt, just a different kind of cunt.
>>
>>70470925
it's beyond even that
>>
>>70470925

Evans and LeBlanc have less than no chemistry, it's painful listening to Chris try to banter, occasionally Matt throws him a pity chuckle but mainly they just fall flat. It's horrible, absolutely horrible. I feel so sorry for Matt.
>>
>>70470925

Ep1 was horrible. Worse than India special

Very average Viper vs Corvette bit with some forced, scripted games

Main challenge was to drive le epic top gear car reliant robin to Blackpool. It's just LeBlanc and Evans doing the challenges apparently. LeBlanc's car broke down and spent the whole time on a flatbed truck being driven to Blackpool and then drove the last 10 km "because he really wants to do this on my own" blah blah. Then they did some shitty Jeep challenges which were uninspiring and pushing this USA VS BRITAIN angle way too hard with an eventual forced "we are all one and we are united" message at the end

just pure shit. Had Clarkson and co done the same episode and same challenges it would have been one of the worst episodes of Top Gear
>>
>>70470977
The difference was the show wasn't global when Clarkson and Hammond revived it, they worked to that, and earnt the right to that.

Now Evans just thinks he can step in and people will thank him for the luxury of seeing England's only ginger.
>>
>>70469141
Well since you ruined your own show I don't watch your shit anymore.
>>
>>70471062
They didn't even try to fix the car, proving that neither of them actually know anything about cars.

Matt drove one fast and likes pretty cars, Chris bought some expensive cars and keeps them behind glass, how the fuck did that not translate into knowledge of cars? The BBC must be baffled.
>>
>>70471164
>tfw no qt Hammond fixing his battered old shitty Mustang or whatever enthusiastically while everyone thought his car is dead

man I genuinely miss these fuckers
>>
>>70464684
>Implying I'm going to watch it

Gave it a chance last week but nah, fuck it.
>>
>>70467472
Thanks for reminding me about that m8

Love soccer aid
>>
>>70470977

More people watch it outside of Britain than there are people in Britain. It is an UK-based show, yes but it is a massive franchise. I'm not saying they have to cater to a global audience, I'm saying that they DIDNT INTRODUCE THE MAIN HOST. No one outside of Britain knows who he is so it would have been LOGICAL/NORMAL/EXPECTED to just give a brief intro about who he is and the like.

>>70471164

Yeah they seemed so strangely spoiled and they both seem genuinely clueless about actual cars and how to fix them. LeBlanc also just whines and looks grumpy and keeps repeating the "this is not why I signed up for Top Gear" line as if this is supposed to be funny. Their challenge was shit and they didn't even seem to try. Somehow they also thought it would be great TV to watch LeBlanc sit in the back of a flatbed truck for like 80% of the distance and somehow think this justifies the challenge.
>>
>>70471075
ultimately the show is still property of the bbc and it's their decision to do whatever they want with it

The immense negativity around it is pretty weird to me, almost as odd as all these smug reviewers lambasting the wow movie comparing it to battlefield earth

sure, Evans is bad, the star in a reasonably priced car bit was cringeworthy, but when were they not? It's as if people have forgotten of the amber heard episode or other other episodes where he acts like a fucking schoolgirl in front of random celebs . People seem to willfully ignore that the past few seasons of top gear were very fucking tedious to watch.

for me personally the show was alright, barring Evans
>>
>>70471164
Old top gear definitely had an apperciation for cars of all kinds. It was easy to see in the specials, where they drive some shitty write offs, fix them, bond with them, and come to love them in the end.
>>
File: 1433249724289.jpg (7 KB, 259x189) Image search: [Google]
1433249724289.jpg
7 KB, 259x189
>tfw its completely impossible to reach the quality and success of the original top gear without the boys
>>
>>70471384
This.
It was clear that all 3 of them had a very good mechanical knowledge of cars. Even Clarkson, who played the idiot for the cameras, seemed to at least have some knowledge.
>>
>>70471384
>>70471541
they even wrote articles and comments in newspapers about technical stuff.
best one is may though, by far.
>>
>Top Gear iPlayer views now at 1.1 million. Rock 'n' roll! Thank you. Team and channel totally thrilled.
>More bad news for the Top Gear haters: consolidated figures for the first episode of the new series have now past 5.6 million and counting.
>That's without the 1.2 million views (so far!) on the iPlayer. Obviously as these ate THE ACTUAL FACTS, they'll continue to ignore them.

Evans still in passive-aggressive butthurt mode on Twatter.
>>
>>70471359

The thing is that the Clarkson-era Top Gear was being tedious and they were bored for quite a few of the latest seasons, BUT the final season with that lineup was actually one of the best in recent years and seemed more energized and fun than previous ones.

Top Gear isn't pure gold, even some of the specials have been shit (India). At the end it doesn't matter though because people just liked the hosts. Now that they have shitty hosts, its a shitty and boring show with hosts the people don't like
>>
>>70471599
Wonder what he'll say when three people view it this week. The only reason it had good figures before was morbid curiosity.
>>
Its like if a group of music producers decided to bring back Guns N Roses with an entirely new lineup. How do they think that would go down?
>>
>>70471312
More people watch americlap talkshows outside of the us despite it being shows produced in america for an american audience. You are assumed to know about the things they're talking about as well as the guests they're speaking to.
Besides, not knowing who someone is shouldn't matter in a show like top gear. Do you enjoy the show more knowing that Hammond used to do Brainiac and that he's a rat faced cunt living in wales? It's the personalities they created during the show that made it what it was.
It's a pretty petty argument no matter how you look at it

I can't judge the show based on one episode anyways, and neither should you. They have to find their groove. Maybe Evans will stop being a twat, who knows?
>>
>>70471605
>BUT the final season with that lineup was actually one of the best in recent years and seemed more energized and fun than previous ones.
This.

Series 22 was a renaissance after a largely poor period.

Sad it ended how it did.
>>
>>70471599
Does man not have an ounce of sense? I mean no matter how much of a butthurt twat he is, he must surely realize that his tweets are clearly projecting his seething butthurt and distress?

Beeb should have made him signed some kind of contract, where all TG related tweets have to be run past them before approved.
>>
>>70464684

>Get ready

No thanks
>>
>Love Top Gear
>Get bored of the format in thew shows three final seasons and watch none of them
>Watch new Top Gear and instantly miss the old antics
>Watch last three seasons as if they are new
>Absolutely love them

Nothings changed for me. Im pretending the new one doesnt exist and I have three seasons of fun to catch up on. Ive missed this show so much.
>>
>>70467838
funny that was an awful episode
>>
>>70471755
Good for you, now don't blow through it all and once and ration it so you can last till autumn.
>>
>>70471807
blasphemy
>>
File: 72814034180.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
72814034180.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
YOURE FAVORITE EPISODE?

>mine: pic related
>>
File: Contemplates.jpg (7 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
Contemplates.jpg
7 KB, 250x239
Does anyone know if all of the filming is done at once before the episodes begin airing or do they film each week for the coming episode and thus they can take all of the criticisms and then improve?
>>
>>70471888
>One sec Hammond, James wants to talk
>*Hands phone to James*
>Hammond? May. Bad luck
>*gives the phone back to Jeremy*
>>
>>70471888
Vietnam is my favourite special. I also love both episodes with the amphibious cars.
>>
>>70471924
The on location shoots are done weeks, sometimes months in advance. The studio shoots are usually done a week or bit more in advance.
>>
File: Hammonds-Police-Ca_1900853i[1].jpg (57 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Hammonds-Police-Ca_1900853i[1].jpg
57 KB, 620x387
>>70471888
>Look its officer Barbie
>>
THE PIRATES ARE OUT TO GET YOU
DON'T LET THEM BURN YOU WITH THEIR MARK
PIRACY IS A MATTER OF FACT

Does anyone even remember this?
>>
File: 1464721486728.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1464721486728.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>70471888
>>70471947
>>70471971
>>70471986
>mfw episodes like these are history now
>not sure what the future will come up with
>>
>>70471974
Well hopefully they will take all of the criticisms and then change, but part of me thinks Evans is so egotistical that he will be even worse on purpose to spite the critics.
>>
>>70471864
it was everything wrong with top gear in one challenge
>>
The consensus is Leblanc is likeable, and pretty everything else about it is forced and stale?
>>
>>70471888
so did they have to drive the jeeps back from the north pole?

how did they get home?
>>
File: 0cWCzGA[1].png (636 KB, 1082x382) Image search: [Google]
0cWCzGA[1].png
636 KB, 1082x382
I cannot describe how much I hate the BBC for the new series.
Its like someone digging up the grave of your favourite dog and getting Chris Evans to turn it into a marionette to parade about every sunday night.
>>
>>70472055

Their new show is going to be like this for every ep.

They have a huge budget and less tight schedules and more creative freedom/control.

It's going to be the greatest
>>
>watching Top Cuck after the original presenters left
>>
>>70472172
>It's going to be the greatest
GODSPEED LADS
GODSPEED
>>
>>70464684
Like am going to watch that piece of shit turned show id rather watch paint dry.
>>
>>70472149
>TOP POO ASS HEAD
top lel
never noticed that
>>
>>70472149
>poo
>ass

xD
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (78 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
78 KB, 1440x1080
Is Top Gear the only example of a show where the people having fun while making it made it as good as it was?
Whenever any other show or film comes out and the people say they had fun making it it has always been terrible apart from Top Gear.
>>
>>70472172
Don't over hype it m8. It could be all that and more, but if it isn't you'll feel like shit, just expect the bants and if we get more that's great.
>>
File: mfw bombshell.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mfw bombshell.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>70470626
>>
I wasn't going to watch it, but with EJ it might be interesting...
>>
>>70472271
its one of the very key-factors what made top gear the greatest show of all.
authenticity!
>>
So did all the crew left with the hosts or is it just the three lads? Because what made Top Gear great alongside with the banter was dem cinematic shots
>>
>>70464684

Man, if only we could fuck off Evans, and at least 2 of the other hosts.

Keep Matt LeBlanc and Sabine Schmitz though, at least they know cars, and are actually likeable.

Hopefully the BBC fucks Gingernut there off soon.
>>
File: s9e4.png (603 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
s9e4.png
603 KB, 1920x1080
>>70471888
>>
>>70472407
The main producer, the three lads, dunno about the small time crew, I doubt it though.
>>
>>70472453
Oh yeah I remember this to bad it didn't work.
>>
>>70471888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXG9ZlDXk7I
>>
>>70472569
It totally worked. It wasn't supposed to go to space, that would be absolutely insane.
>>
>>70472615
It was supposed to detach and become a shuttle that could be controlled to land.
>>
>>70472579
>IVE GOT TO GET OUT

Fuck me thats not acting. He's genuinely shitting himself
>>
>>70471541

Not to mention that they all had a huge knowledge base of the most esoteric facts on practically every car built in the last 40 years.

The amount of times one of them would rock up to a challenge and the others would know exactly what car it was, and what it's foibles were was honestly pretty impressive.

I haven't even watch the new series yet, and I don't think I want to punish myself with it.
>>
>>70471605

Why do people hate the India special? I thought it was alright.
>>
Have any of the 3 commented on nu0Gear on twitter or anything?
>>
>>70472796

James May said he liked it
>>
>>70467965
Keep drinking until you go blind
>>
>>70472815
This thread only accepts FACTS m8.
>>
>>70472853
>/tv/
>FACTS
>>
I feel kind of sorry for the cast, never nice seeing something bomb

Except for Evans he can eat shit
>>
>>70472815
Hes one of the last true gentlemen left in Britain though. Of course he'd be polite about the whole thing. I wish I could be as happy in myself as James is. He does whatever he wants and lives however he wants without a single thought for what people think of him, except everyone loves him for it.
>>
>>70472796

Clarkson had his cronies at the Sun write a paper-thin smear of the new show complaining about laugh tracks and that non-issue at the cenotaph, while not actually writing anything himself in his column short of a few vague lines.

All very spineless, smug and sneery, just like the man himself really.
>>
>>70464684
Only reason Evans got hired is cause he doesn't seem strong enough to knockout a producer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTD-OvBQqBw

>WOOOAH LOOK WE PUT IN A DIRT TRACK
>LOOK IT'S COMPACTED LIME
>LOOK IT'S A JUMP WOOOAHHHH

They literally butchered the old track just to put a few dramatic setpieces. They're not even trying to hide the fact that the new show is all about cheap spectacle
>>
>>70472993
kek
>>
>>70472939
>btw vote remain guys :^)
>>
>>70472939
>The sun is the only newspaper shitting on Top Gear
Please stop making shit up, even the Huffington Post is shitting all over Nu Gear
>>
File: Tips shamone.jpg (15 KB, 330x340) Image search: [Google]
Tips shamone.jpg
15 KB, 330x340
>Clarkson had his cronies at the Sun write a paper-thin smear of the new show complaining about laugh tracks and that non-issue at the cenotaph, while not actually writing anything himself in his column short of a few vague lines.

>All very spineless, smug and sneery, just like the man himself really.
>>
>>70472939
Hello Chris
>>
>>70472939
is this special code for
>im vegan
?
>>
File: Laughing beardy man.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
Laughing beardy man.gif
3 MB, 359x202
She's a slut. FACT.
>>
>>70473002
So it's the same track? They fucking ruined it.
>>
>>70473047
This, even the fucking lefty loving Guardian was shitting.
>>
Is that woman on the right modelling the new armored burka soon to be introduced by the British government ?
>>
Who are the guests tonight? I really hope they don't introduce each other, that was just awkward.
>>
Who here is voting leave?
>>
>>70473139
Just one, Damian Lewis
>>
>>70464684
>Eddie Jordan take music stars Sharleen Spiteri, Seasick Steve and Tiny Tempah

I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are.
>>
>>70473153
>One guest

Im guessing Evans sacked someone for this massive cockup. How can they compete with the old top gear when they only have ONE FUCKING GUEST?!
>>
>>70473149
Everyone here, on /int/ and /pol/.
>>
>>70473036

>Thinks Clarkson is voting leave

Top kek, bet you think he's a 'man of the people' too.
>>
>>70473149
hopefully nobody

nobody should vote stay either

the whole thing is a load of dumb bollocks
>>
>>70473149
Not me. I'm not a racist pensioner.
>>
>>70473002
>Lets make it impossible to have this segment be about skill.
>>
Why is Matt lewhite in this? Is he any good?
>>
>>70473332
You will be when the EU starts forcing you to take in refugees.
>>
>>70473467
If refugees really bother you go grab a gun and shoot people until you get arrested
>>
>>70472939
Hello BBC intern, how much are you getting paid?
>>
>>70473428
He sounds rigid as fuck, partly because he's not relaxed, and partly because of his accent being 100% American TV host.

If he relaxes he'll be pretty good. As of right now he is the butterface girl next to the fat bitch, so he looks amazing in comparison.
>>
>>70473149
Me and all true British patriots of both left and right wing politics

>left spends years fighting for NHS, workers rights, welfare state
>now progressive left wants to destroy it with unlimited immigration

What a waste
>>
File: 63opelkadett.jpg (91 KB, 586x391) Image search: [Google]
63opelkadett.jpg
91 KB, 586x391
>>70471888
The first Africa Special.

I used to have a '63 Nova so Oliver gave me feels.
>>
>>70473153
I had to google him, apparently he is on some yank programme.
>>
>>70471888
>James, I was born down in a dead man's town
>>
>>70473618
This is what baffles me. All lefties I know want to stay and I dont get it. They constantly go on about how anti-establishment they are then the one chance they get to truly do something anti-establishment they pussy out because its something that might cause real change.

It shows how they think. They can vote Greens because they know they will get no real power but it fulfills their need to be self righteous and better than everyone else, but when it comes to making a real difference they are cowards.
>>
>>70471888
If we're not counting the specials then my favorite is probably the budget super car challenge
>It's not a ferrari!
>Are you looking or using the force?
>Eh? No it's not a kit car!
>>
>>70473149
me, just handed out a load of leaflets for it as well.
>>
>>70473874
>No its not a kit car! ...Philistine
>>
>>70472149

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhzFh_hs5Oc

Top Gear being the praying mantis, Chris Evans and Co being the terrifying demon worm shuffling around in its corpse. Hopefully someone will put it out of its misery soon.
>>
>>70473896
Where did you get leaflets my good man? Got a poster in my front window but Id happily go putting them in ever house down my street
>>
>>70470977
>Don't pretend as if you had a clue who clarkson may or hammond were before top gear
Clarkson was famous before the reboot.

For old Top Gear, but still famous.
>>
>>70470626
>jeremy clarkson fucks with someone after years on the job
>fired

>chris evans fucks with an entire crowd of people on his first go
>nothing happens
>>
Really looking forward to seeing Eddie Jordan and Tiny Tempah tonight!
>>
>>70473996
Just go on the volunteering section of the vote leave site, ended up with a county councillor dropping a box off at my house.
>>
>>70474208
http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/organise
>>
how bad is the cringe when theyre in the studio? I wanna check this out but i can't stand to watch cringy live television shows where people make an ass of themself in front of tons of people
>>
>>70474266
i found it very cringe.

Evans is just a kid with ADD and LeBlanc is to much of a Chad for this show which was always more about british understatement and the presenters being likeable goofs, not bros bragging about having threesomes in cars and doing mom jokes.
>>
>>70474131
Didn't they learn the lesson from the last presenter that raped their audience that viciously?
>>
Top Gear is dead lads, settle for Dara and Byrne on BBC2 on a road trip thought Mexico and Latino territory
>>
>Tell J.K that I'm still rolling
>Yeah, tell Russell I'm a brand

Based Tinie
>>
>>70474534
>clarkson
>hammond
>understatement

stop speaking shit
>>
>>70474266
Evans literally went "please clap" at one point.
>>
File: FACT.jpg (500 KB, 956x1441) Image search: [Google]
FACT.jpg
500 KB, 956x1441
Can't wait to hear more of Evan's FACTS on Twitter the next day to show us how amazing and successful the new show is doing..
>>
>>70464684

>8pm

How long until the episode airs?
>>
>>70475096
I can't imagine the stress and embarrassment he has brought on himself by signing on to this shitshow.
>>
>>70475096
>W..we had more b list celebrities as guests on our show than any other show in our timeslot FACT
>We were the most viewed BBC2 show in our timeslot FACT
>The BBC iPlayer had some viewer, FACT
>I'm not crying right now... F...Fact.
>>
please don't give chris' FACTS any more justification guys
>>
>>70475162
I think like half an hour.
>>
>>70475181
evans has been a tosser for 20+ years

I doubt he cares
>>
>>70464684
im not watching it desu.
>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/06/04/top-gear-reboot-boosted-by-canned-laughter-as-viewers-brand-it-t/
>>
>>70473492
Horrible argument.
>>
>>70475181
No matter what happens now, the FACT the show has fucked up this much on Day 1 will be reflected in the way everyone acts, especially in the studio.

Chris will be thinking every second of each shoot "This is a disaster, better pretend it's not. Maybe I should do something funny, something wacky."

I can't wait to see what desperation is pulled out to redeem the wreck.
>>
>>70475162
25 bings.
>>
>>70475345
Aparantly this episode was fully edited before the airing of episode 1, so expect 100% fresh and original cringe. Episode 3 is where all the panic will be seen.
>>
>>70475272
I remember being 10 or 11 watching him on Big Breakfast, thinking he was a massive knob.

Glad I called that one early t.b.h.
>>
>>70475272
>>70475409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah7nhRO017A
>that last line
>>
>>70475272
What does tosser mean?
>>
>>70474999
but it is, both these guys were always willing to make a joke at their own expense.
>>
>>70475440
Prick.
>>
POST STREAM LINKS IF IT STARTS LADS
>>
is this on bbc 2? looking for correct stream, don't have vpn for iplayer
>>
>>70475405
Nice. will keep a close eye on that one.
>>
>>70467793
OI OI LADS OI OI BANTER YOU COMING DOWN DA PUB AFTER TOP GEAR LAD?

Top gear is for mental midgets, this version is for mental midgets with a masochistic streak.
>>
>>70475436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5T54S2cgL8

>this in the suggestions

kek
>>
>>70475436
I wonder what made Hitler tick.
>>
>>70475181
Regardless of how true it is, being a part of the most viewed show in the world as it crashes will forever ruin your career.

No guy in a suit hiring for a job will think you're relevant anymore, so I imagine he's shitting himself now, hence his mad FACTS damage controlling.
>>
>>70475440
>What does tosser mean?

Salad tosser

Faggot
>>
>>70475440
>tosser
>A "tosser" is derogatory: a person (invariably male) whose demeanour is obnoxious. For interest, a "wanker" (from the Irish uath-anchor, masturbation) is strictly an annoyingly stupid person who shows off too much ("too much soloing techniques") or overly self-satisfied (a poseur).

>>70475515
Si signore
>>
>>70475301
>According to The Sun, Evans even had to plead with the crowd during filming as they refused to laugh, telling them: “If you find things vaguely funny or you think they were supposed to be funny please laugh.”
JUST
>>
>>70475440
Jack off is probably the closest burger translation.
>>
so bbc asked leblanc for a 2nd season after 1 episode or reactions where people agreed he was the least shit part lel
>>
>this absolute qt on countryfile
>>
File: libertyflag.jpg (155 KB, 1024x846) Image search: [Google]
libertyflag.jpg
155 KB, 1024x846
Looking forward to shitposting along with you bongs.
>>
>>70475608

Kek, to be honest I don't think leblonc is that bad, though he needs to get comfortable with the show and get a cohost who isnt a fucking cunt
>>
>>70468040
I know who seasick steve is and he's not worth knowing about.

Many Americans don't know about Jamiroquai and should though. Jamiroquai is the shit.
>>
>>70475608
He needs to drop it like it's hot. Then do a guest appearance on The Grand Tour.
>>
>>70471026
It's true I skimmed through episode 1 cause i knew it would be trash... anyway from what I could tell the gay dude was trying too hard to be like Clarkson, the tried to make LeBlanc the squirrel and that old guy who somtimes is there into Captain Slow....

Like LeBlanc isn't some tiny guy, he's bigger than the rest of them, he's american and a big name star, why is he not headlining this? He loves cars, loves muscle cars and power, he'd be better than Evans honestly, and they'll never find another captain slow cause the other 2 come off as comedians who love cars while the cast of Top Gear came off as funny car enthusiasts.
>>
I'll probably watch ep 2, just to see if the new series is still shit, and if it is I'll probably lose interest and never watch it again.
>>
File: mig.png (529 KB, 659x602) Image search: [Google]
mig.png
529 KB, 659x602
>all you fuckers watching it and pushing up the ratings

please use a stream site or something. Don't want to see Evans on Twitter shitposting again.
>>
>>70475741
>Jamiroquai
Not American, but I only found out about them after seeing JK on series 1.

They're pretty good.
>>
File: based.jpg (166 KB, 775x1024) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
166 KB, 775x1024
When do they unleash Harris and fix this show lads?
>>
>>70475629
post pic
>>
sabine vs harris races when?
>>
Can't wait for more FACTS about how it's still #1 TV show, how it didn't drop by 50% in views and popularity
>>
>>70475848
It was officially the worst show of last weekend
>>
>>70475851
The show is shit enough, we don't need him taking a poo in the studio.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.