[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will have to watch it again. I didn't understand it. Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: there-will-be-blood.jpg (70 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
there-will-be-blood.jpg
70 KB, 640x326
I will have to watch it again. I didn't understand it. Someone explain please.
>>
>>70463854
It's simply the story of a man's lust for power.
>>
>>70463897
This
It's pretty straightforward
>>
>>70463854
Gotta have a no homo crush on D-day Lewis to get it
>>
>>70463854
I don't understand the whole thing with the preacher.
Was there like a twin or something the one who told him about the oil.
>>
>>70463958
Yes.
>>
>>70463958
They were twins yes. It's supposed to be confusing
>>
>>70463854
those who reach power are alien and heroic, separated from humanity, power fills the hole that others fill with human relations.
>>
>>70463854
he really likes milk shakes
>>
>>70464266
DRRAAAAINAGE!
>>
>>70463854
ok, so there are a few things
also about 4 threads on this in the catlogue, you should check before posting man

so there are twins, one is the preacher
if you think "why did the preacher start acting like that all of a sudden", that would be why.

there is a classic lust for empty power theme, the protgonist ends up with an empty life

the preacher wants money, and tries to get it through power over people

they both lord their gains over the other, the preacher makes the oil baron humiliate himself
the oil baron lords his eventual commercial success over the oil baron

then at the end they realize they are both as empty as each other, and the oil barron looses his shit and kills the preacher
>>
>>70464676
THIS
plus, it's supposed to be a great example of showing people the many downside of capitalism through a simple man's life.
>>
>>70463854

DDL => Man's conquest of nature

goes over lots of things, the church's grasp on common people, how they expand through radio and enslave the minds of the townfolk. How eventually religion will be killed by understanding and manipulating the earth and how competition and business pits fathers against their sons. How the wealthy don't accept "new wealth" and how man's quest for power will ultimately destroy the world.
>>
File: Confused-woman[1].jpg (273 KB, 847x591) Image search: [Google]
Confused-woman[1].jpg
273 KB, 847x591
>>70463854
>I will have to watch it again. I didn't understand it. Someone explain please.

It's okay, darling. This is a movie only men can understand.
>>
File: this is bait.jpg (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.jpg
6 KB, 224x225
>>70466179
>>
>>70463980
why is it supposed to be confusing? What does it give to the story?
>>
>>70466207
Because the movie has lots of imposters in it
>fake brother
>Daniel isnt HW's real father
You're ment to question everyone
>>
>>70466256
hmm, would never have thought of it like that. Question is if that's a fault of my or the filmmakers?
>>
>>70463980
No it wasn't. A different actor was original on to play Paul, but he pulled out at the last second. Dano had to learn his lines like the day before.
>>
>>70466325
Well it benefits this point >>70466256
PTA is probably glad it happened
>>
>>70466325
Other way around. Dano was supposed to only be Paul and Kel 'O Neil was to play Eli. But 'O Neil pulled out and Dano was just cast to be both. He had a week to learn his lines.
>>
>>70466311
Well if you're the only dumbass in this thread that didn't get it, I'm guessing it's yours.
>>
Was Eli being purposely manipulative or was Daniel just paranoid?
>>
>>70463854

The line at the end "I'm finished" refers to the fact that Eli was the only person so far that had bested him by using Bandy against him, a slight that he had carried with him since then, which is why he directly wakes up when he hears the name Eli.
>>
>>70466456
that's a big if though
>>
>>70466492
Eli was a cunt
>>
>>70466325
Paul has class indeed
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.