[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detective films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: question.jpg (18 KB, 400x517) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
18 KB, 400x517
I'm looking to watch some good detective films.

Can anybody recommend any?

It doesn't have to be your typical homicide film. It can be any sort of investigative case that involves good detective work.
>>
File: mom1.jpg (99 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
mom1.jpg
99 KB, 500x667
One of the best, watch it.
>>
>>70463182
>Good
>Accurate
Right off the bat, you have to pick one. Accuracy is usually the downside. Anything film noir works, arguably bladerunner for neo noir. Se7en isn't a bad choice, arguably also Catch Me If You Can for a more lighthearted manhunt.
>>
L.A Confidential
>>
chinatown is one of the best
>>
File: 220px-Chinatownposter1.jpg (16 KB, 220x323) Image search: [Google]
220px-Chinatownposter1.jpg
16 KB, 220x323
>>
>>70463217
end this meme
>>
>>70463341
>>70463309
I've seen Chinatown and Blade Runner and I love both.

Okay so I would choose good then over accurate if accuracy means the film takes a hit.

Just looking for more great detective films. There has to be more than just a handful of good ones out there right?
>>
>>70463472
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls054080500/
>>
>>70463182
Charlie Chan films
>>
File: Weyoun.jpg (148 KB, 622x530) Image search: [Google]
Weyoun.jpg
148 KB, 622x530
>>70463182
Damn I wish there was a movie about The Question, that could be awesome especially if they got Jeffrey Combs to reprise the role in live action. Anyway...

The Thin Man
The Maltese Falcon
Stray Dog
>>
>>70463182
Just read Poe's The Murders in the Rue Morgue and The Gold Bug.
>>
>>70463686
Of all the capeshit they've made lately, they've really missed a great opportunity to bring the Question back.

Especially with all the corruption in the world.

It would be brilliant.

Film or series, I'd take either.

>>70463510
Thanks for this list. It's surprising how many are older classics. Seems there aren't many new films that qualify.
>>
>>70463182
chinatown
39 steps
lA confidencil

I am happy to see these were already posted
>>
>>70463686
what does the maltese falcon have going for it?

I didn't wath that much of it, but it seemed hm fisted in an antiquated way, the camerawork was fairly poor and there were unusual cuts between scenes
>>
>>70466177
*shrug* It's a good mystery with interesting characters.
>>
Angel Heart if you're after something offbeat
>>
>>70463823

>post yfw the orangutan was the culprit all along

BRAVO POE
>>
anyone recommend some good detective movies set in Russia / Russian Far East / USSR?
>>
>>70463182
The Big Sleep is the gold standard if you want some top tier good old fashioned detective noir.
>>
wait for the guy with the film noir chart to show up
>>
>>70469198
You mean that guy from reddit?
>>
>>70469222
who? neil degrasse tyson?
>>
>>70466912
kill yourself
>>
>>70464118
>Seems there aren't many new films that qualify.
That's because the noir genre is pretty much a thing of that era, and any time they make a detective movie now its 'neo-noir'.
>>
>>70464118
in the awful capeshit wave we're facing, the central character of watchmen, Rorschach, is clearly an echo of detective movies
>>
>>70469677
fuck you pleb, Peter Laurie and Sydney Greenstreet are particularly great
>>
File: images-84.jpg (24 KB, 274x537) Image search: [Google]
images-84.jpg
24 KB, 274x537
>>70467282
I'm pretty sure it was a nigger in the original draft.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.