[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are samurau films considered kino? They are just boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 13_assassins2.jpg (215 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
13_assassins2.jpg
215 KB, 1600x1066
Why are samurau films considered kino?

They are just boring action schlock
>>
>>70462248
Because Samurai follow the code of the Bushido. What that means is that you are given this ONE chance to apologize for disrespecting them. If we have another occurrence, you'll have to deal with me and my friend here. *pats katana*

Are we clear!?
>>
Azumi
>>
File: harakiri.jpg (429 KB, 1841x1293) Image search: [Google]
harakiri.jpg
429 KB, 1841x1293
>>70462248
13 Assassins was kino, the action scenes are so fucking good

pic related is god tier samurai kino
>>
>>70462395
Ony samurai movie I have seen. It was shot beautifully and it was really modern thematically, with the crisis going on and all that.
That's what made it kino for me and why im going to disregard OP opinion as retarded
>>
>>70462395
Apart from the shaky cam action scenes and the Mars Attacks tier cgi
>>
>>70462248
They aim to tell the story through the action. All the character development, drama, motivations is shown in how they fight.
>>
>>70462511
>shaky cam action scene

what?
>>
>>70462681
Every fight scene the camera kept shaking and you couldnt see shit
>>
Have you watched any classic samurai films or just judging Japan's entire history on an edgy Takashi Miike flick?
>>
>>70462248
>They are just boring action schlock
most modern action films are schlock because modern day audiences are stupid.
>>
>>70462395
Harakiri is the best movie of All Time
>>
>If you don't have any horsedroppings, you can replace it with human seme-

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>70462471

you should really check out old school samurai flicks.... they can be shockingly well shot and modern feeling

yojimbo
sanjuro
the sword of doom
harakiri
throne of blood (slow, not much action. but a beautiful macbeth set in feudal japan)

all good starting points
>>
>>70462248
What's kino? Is that the Japanese word for rat?
>>
>>70463171

to add:

really anything with the GOAT toshiro mifune
>>
ur probably a fucking idiot if you don't see the greatness in 13 assassins, how did miike pull that off I don't know

better than Seven Samurai then again Kurosawa never was much of a filmmaker
>>
File: 1455155420526.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1455155420526.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>samurai
>boring
>action shlock
>samurai

you know zilch
>>
>>70462843
He's talking about the 1962 version, not the 2011.
>>
>>70462248
Seven samurai
Ran
any other Akira Kurosawa movie about samurai
Shura Yukihime / Lady Snowblood
Zatoichi
Shogun Assassin

And so fucking many more.
OP don't be a faggot and go watch those katanakino
>>
>>70462248

Only a woman would find that movie hard to understand.

Your vagina and bitch tits are showing, cunt.
>>
>>70462315
now that was some weebcore shit right there

best thing about the first movie was captain edge himself wearing the dress and makeup
>>
>>70462248
Watch better samurai films. Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, ect...
>>
>>70462248

What on earth is kino? I know that it is a russian word that translates to cinema in english, but honestly, what are you on about? A new genre? Or just a russian favouritism?
>>
>>70465263
More like german.
>>
>>70462248
Samurai flick tends to focus on philosophy, soooo I hafta agree with you a lot of them aren't THAT much interesting to start with. The things being decided in flash of speed is considered to be a beautiful in the sword action which I assume, is good thing in the real life. If you are in the mood for samurai flick, I strongly recommend either Kurosawa's film or blind fury franchise. Put the "Lone Wolf & Cub" on your list as well.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.