[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was better than Mulholland Dr (which I have no feelings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 189x267
This was better than Mulholland Dr (which I have no feelings for) and was generally a decent film. Nothing spectacular, but not bad at all. Great visuals and atmsophere.

What was up with the band wagon of hatred? Just got around to viewing it a second time, I still don't get the extreme reactions, it's a patently inoffensive film.
>>
>>70461629
>better than Mulholland Dr

Worst opinion ever. That's like saying some drunk guy covering the beatles at a bar is better then the beatles.
>>
>>70461765
That's true as well you embryo piece of shit
>>
>>70461629
Fuck you, Mulholland Doctor is a masterpiece
>>
>>70461765

What do people see in Mullholand Drive
>>
Movies like this, a lot like Refn's too which have little narrative and tell the story with drawn out visuals (which are beautiful btw) tend to have that sort of effect where people either love it or hate it. I personally loved it and Gosling should be proud of what he has achieved here especially as his directional debut.
>>
>>70462005

I liked Only God Forgives too.

Have you taken a lot of acid? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.
>>
>>70462094
I have done twice and smoked dmt once but I wouldn't say either have effected the way I think or look at things much. You?
>>
post qt314kino
>>
>>70462489

Maybe 12-20 times, never gotten DMT to work, though.

Acid definitely had a profound effect on my visual perception of day to day life. Seen more beauty in simple things since I first took it three years ago.

I'm thinking that it's a bit of a universal effect that Goose and friends might have had as well. Explains how polarizing the film and Refn's/Mallick's are.
>>
>>70462005
im actually with you. I used to love Refn's work but lately i'm detaching from it because im starting to get bored by his images. Cant say the same thing for this. Benoit Debie's cinematography is gorgeous, better than anything Refn ever did
>>
>>70462731

Didn't know Lost River was him, explains the quality of the cinematography. Enter the Void was a visual masterpiece. Will have to watch a few more of his films.
>>
>This was better than Mulholland Dr
stopped reading there. nice troll thread retard
>>
>>70462850
In my opinion the name on the cover should be Debie's one. This film is not much without him, the images takes it to another level
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.