[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this movie would be a great one without that alien-shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 10_cloverfield_lane.jpg (91 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
10_cloverfield_lane.jpg
91 KB, 1280x854
I think this movie would be a great one without that alien-shit plotline. It would have been better if had turned out that the girl was deceived by Howard after all, even the woman who banged her head to the door was his accomplice or something similar.
>>
>>70452733

no the idea of the movie was the juxtaposition of him telling the truth and really meaning to keep everyone safe from what was going on outside, and him actually being a creep and having kept a girl hostage in the bunker.

imo it was a good idea but not well executed though, I didn't really like it.
>>
Something like Howard is good willed person, he dindu nuffin. But they did not trust him, in the end, they fucked up everything, killed Howard too . Michelle and Emmet end up being the bad guys, and Howard the victim.
>>
>>70452733
you think that it would have been better if the woman that headbutted herself to death did it to uphold a fake apocalypse story? thats retarded
>>
>>70453438
Did someone tell her that she was not allowed to pretend she is dead ?
>>
>>70452733
That would actually make it a worse movie. Teasing supernatural shit and then saying he made it all up is super lame. The original ending was the best one. She was supposed to leave the bunker and everything was fine and she drives away but the last shot was her on a hill looking at a destroyed city, but there were no aliens in the movie. Perfect ending imo.
>>
>>70453345
No, he is a psychotic control freak with serious mental issues. He's extremely paranoid and probably schizophrenic. He has kidnapped people and is not a good person.
>>
>>70452733
the movie is only interesting precisely because the entire time you're not even sure if howard is really good or bad.

if "howard was just a creep/murderer/kidnapper all along" was the plot, then its just another kidnapping movie
>>
>>70452733
what a unique opinion. i too think it would have been "epic" myself, sir, if she drove off into the sunset. ;)
>>
>>70454178
all that may be true, but the movie is made better by him also being right aboutt he end of the world imo
>>
>>70454350
Oh definitely. I agree 100%
>>
>>70452733

Fuck that, I'm tired of every 2010's thriller teasing supernatural or extraterrestrial content and then pulling the rug out from under you with an epic twist.

At this point it's more surprising to me when a genre film actually pays off the other-worldly ideas it teases instead of making it all in the lead's head or some shit.
>>
it's a shitty sequel to a shitty movie

it will equal the shit that will be Beyond Skyline
>>
>>70454559
I agree man. It's the one thing I liked about the witch.
>>
>>70454350
Yeah, but it could have ended with the shot of the spaceships, then her close up realizing what a dumbfuck she was.
>>
>>70454141
No. Calling it cloverfield and then not having it anything to do with the original was a retarded move.

That ending could have been great with a different title. I liked the ending they ended up with too. But not the title.

It should have ended with a kaiju like battle. Or just the one from the first stomping on her car and killing her.
>>
>>70452733
This was Mary Sue: The Flick. Every single out possible is granted to her.
>>
>>70456763
that's not what mary sue means
>>
>>70456849
Yes it is. She magically had an answer for every problem presented to her.
>>
>>70457032
You dense twat
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.