[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whedon said there was an extended cut that was 30 minutes longer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ultron-ft.jpg (109 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
ultron-ft.jpg
109 KB, 660x330
Whedon said there was an extended cut that was 30 minutes longer but they ended up not releasing it on blu ray.

What the hell? There was a lot more Ultron shit that was left out. Stuff in the trailers that weren't in the movie.

Also all their movies have hardly any behind the scenes content longer than 20 minutes. While DC on the other hand, or Zack Snyder does like 3 hour featurettes of behind the scenes.
>>
why would you want to watch a longer version of Age of Quip-tron
>>
AoU already felt way too long.
>>
There was a ton of scenes in the first trailer that never made it in, there is a shot of Mantis or whatever her name is praying. She is going to be in GotG2 so it was a lead in thing.

He was so disgusted after the huge fight with marvel over the cabin scene (they didn't want it in) and the pool of visions scene with Thor (he didnt want it in) that he just never put together the extended cut like he said he was going to. He just walked away from everything.
>>
>>70452355

The extended version would have compromised the artistic integrity of the film. This is the case with all 'directors cuts' or similar.
>>
It's because Marvel hate their fans. I don't blame them.
>>
>>70452355
They might still use some of the scenes they have
>>
>>70452373

This.
>>
Why was Ultron so obsessed with God?
>>
>>70452355
>Also all their movies have hardly any behind the scenes content longer than 20 minutes.

It's because they put very little real thought into anything.
>>
It occurred to me while rewatching The First Avenger that a lot of these Marvel movies feel like two movies. I think it's their intention to essentially deliver the content of a trade paperback in movie form. That they're able to take so much content and produce something moderately coherent with emotional beats that almost makes sense is incredible. But at the same time it shows a lack of creativity.
>>
>>70453031
No, don't doubt Marvel is gonna follow the footsteps of Lucas.

Maybe when after all Infinity Wars is completed. Gone through and out the door. Because then it'll be the trilogy of Avengers and it'll be finished.

It's not even started yet, it's just building all the ground work. There's so many other titles that could see Ext Ed runs and work really well. And Marvel/Disney needs to look into double dipping more more of the older titles.
>>
>>70452355
Because they will release it in another extended bluray for you to buy later on
>>
>>70452355
During a heated battle with Ultron, Hawkeye quips about his seeming inadequacy compared to the other Avengers.

“We’re fighting an army of robots — and I have a bow and arrow,” he says. “None of this makes sense.”

“That line is in there because, at some point, someone has to say it — because if you don’t, the audience doesn’t know that you know,” Whedon says of the “Age of Ultron” zinger. “When the audience knows that the characters feel the same way they’d feel about it, it connects them. It’s actually a very important throwaway line.”

http://nypost.com/2015/04/25/the-top-5-geek-out-moments-in-avengers-age-of-ultron/
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.