[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: uy29met3muqfaygsnshy.jpg (106 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
uy29met3muqfaygsnshy.jpg
106 KB, 700x700
>be best capeshit of the year
>flop because normies and critics are mind-cucked by disney

Damn shame. This film is the last of its kind. It's failure puts the nail in the coffin for the fall of modern blockbusters. We're now stuck with formulaic Disney products masquerading as films.
>>
File: CefYJBIW4AE4Qjo.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CefYJBIW4AE4Qjo.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
A damn shame indeed..
>>
Apocalypse > Civil War > BvS
>>
>>70451760
Deadpool>Apocalypse>Civilwar>BvS

There are still 2 more capeshit films to come out this year....
>>
>>70452661
Switch Deadpool and Apocalypse around
>>
>>70452766
No for me it was better as a Film because the Villain wasn't hyped to be the most powerful being of all time and defeated by Jean Grey that can Control the phoenix at the age of 16 and loose ends everywhere and the copycat postcredits thing is stupid deadpool turned it into a joke like it is. Why is Apocalypse better than Deadpool it has too many characters to develop all of them and leaves some characters feeling shoved into the movie also why is Mystique an Xman now? everyone was shitting on that before the movie came out but now for some reason it's all good like wtf?
>>
Civil war>Deadpool>Apocalypse>BvS
>>
>>70452980
No the CGI in Civil war was shite and with RDJ's Budget I can see why Baron Zemo was under used and basically a throw away character you could have used literally anyone.
>>
File: XMen-Apocalypse-Moira.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
XMen-Apocalypse-Moira.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>70451760
>knocks out guard and reveals tunnel to Apocalypse
>doesn't cover it back up after entering the tunnel
>sunlight from tunnel reactivates Apocalypse

literally killed the movie for me. Thanks Moira
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x316
>>70452661

>Deadpool>Apocalypse>Civilwar>BvS

This is accurate.
>>
>>70452939
These are all shallow criticisms and you sound like a 14 year old.
>>
Who actually thinks this alternate timeline shit is good. Just reboot the fucking series properly.
>>
>>70451760
Is this some kind of joke? The plot was dragged out to hell, acting was subpar, and it wasn't even visually appealing.

>capeshit are films
>>
>>70453426
With a ghetto looking Apocalypse that they skimped out on.

DOCTOR DOOM has felt this pain too many to count
>>
>be the worst capeshit of the year
>praised on /tv/ because you're not indefensibly bad but not popular at the same time
You contrarian fucks are so predictable. If Captain America flopped and was panned by critics people would be worshiping it here. Maybe not you, OP, but others would just like this one is being defended and called underrated even though its the exact same shit as Avengers.
>>
>>70453349
You're right. Plot holes a bad cast and under developed characters are all minor issues.

Thus movie had such great moments!
>magnetos mother AND daughter both killed accidently by one stray arrow
>apocalypse cumming his pants every time he uses telepathy
>they all literally teleport everywhere they need to in order to speed up the recruitment process
>britslags Oscar worthy acting
>that entirely irrelevant part with weapon X JUST to fit wolverine in and set up for more movies
>the doctor who tier opening
>the "finally I am become apocalypse" tier dialogue line.

And so much more. It was plain bad. Buy it was certainly entertaining as fuck. At least civil war was amusing on purpose.
>>
>>70451760
>be /tv/ cuck
>side with the capeshit nobody cares about because it's the capeshit nobody cares about
>>
>>70451760
>literally all discussion about this flick is ''WOW IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OTHERS''

You only pretend to like it because nobody gives a shit about this, so it's free contrarian points.
>>
>>70453519
Too bad they fell short on adapting Weapon X and especially with the headgear. Had to have his fucking face exposed.

LOOK CHILDREN ! IT'S HUGH JACKMAN

(applause)
>>
>>70451760
>random arrow kills Magneto's daughter and wife
>for some reason he starts killing millions and millions of innocent civilians
>>
Saw this today, pretty fucking good actually, I'd give it a 7.9/10

Despite all the promo pics looking like shit, all of the costumes were actually well done in the movie.

Also, despite looking like shit in some photos, Sophie Turner is not bad as Jean at all. She actually looks pretty attractive at certain angles. Coming to terms with the fact that not every girl is 10/10, she fits well for the role. The outfits they had her wear really complemented her delicious ginger features.

Compared to Civil War, which was more of the disney/marvel formula in try hard mode, this movie was thrilling and engaging throughout. It's good to see a comic book movie feature actual comic book shit instead of trying to be some tv drama realism shit like civil war.
>>
>>70451760
Am I the only person here who enjoyed both civil war and X-men?
>>
>>70453597
>not the first post by this IP
Hi cheap shill.
>>
File: 1463791791159.jpg (49 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1463791791159.jpg
49 KB, 719x719
>projected to not even reach 500 million
>>
>>70453592
I knew they were cannon fodder when it was just donut steals that just happened. And those group of men with his daughter. It's like right there I told my gf about all the dead men standing right there.

It's was almost like an escalated part from First Class with him in the bar.
>>
>>70453102
It's not like X-Men's Supergirl-tier CGI was any better.
That shot of Quicksilver going through a window with the mansion exploding looked like a fucking PS2 game.
>>
>>70453592
>that plot device wife had more lines and characterization than Psylocke
Maybe one day we'll get a movie that focuses on something other than the same 5 guys.
>>
It sucked though. But so did bvs and civil war.
>>
>>70453619
Lol ok faggot, looks like the disney shill has arrived
>>
>>70453597
>all of the costumes were actually well done in the movie
They were the same tacticool garbage from all movies.
>>
>>70451760
Why does JLaw even try? This flick is obviously a flop, no matter how you're going to view it.
>>
>>70451760
Maybe it flopped because it came like two weeks after Civil War, there wasn't any hype at all about this movie and the marketing was pure trash.

It was yet another X-Men movie against Avengers 2.5 and a Batman vs Superman movie, of course it lost.
>>
>>70453597
>costumes and the attractiveness of a girl determines the quality of a film
>>
>>70452939
>Apocalypse having to mind beat down xavier.
>Simultaneously turning magnetos metal into energy
>Simultaneously holding up a force field against cyclops beams
This was the best capeshit movie of all time and there's nothing you marveldrones can do about it.
>>
>>70453579
Yeah. My thoughts too.

Kind makes me sad to see wolverine practically blugeon people with his claws. It could actually be interesting to see his movie in r or 14a because this shit is so disconcerting.

>>70453597
>8/10
>for capeshit
>civil war too serious

Jesus could your opinion be any more trash? What do you get out of shilling for a bad movie. I liked civil war more and I'd still only give it like a 6-6.5 /10.

8/10 is fucking ludicriously good. Some of the best movies or most classic movies are 8/10
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 2184x1152
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
>>
>>70451760
>DOFP
>praised by everyone
>750 million

>Deadpool
>praised by everyone
>750 million

>X-Men Apocalypse
>Meh'd by everyone
>flops

WOW
>>
>>70453714
Idk, the promo pics looked like cosplay. In the movie everything was convincing enough.

But actually, I'm forgetting that Mystique looks like garbage because she's played by an actress that is too selfish to follow through on her job despite demanding and campaigning more pay from Hollywood

Also, Beast was rarely shown, and his costume is garbage compared to og beast

So yeah I take that back about the costumes being all good
>>
>>70453519
This post gave me cancer. Never review films.
>>
>>70453597
This!
>>
>>70453812
>Meh'd by everyone
Literally isn't happening except from marvel drones, but as we all know they make up a majority of people here on /tv/
>You saw a meme in russia that had it listed as "X-MEH" and took it literally like a retard
>>
>>70453812
FANT4STIQ'D
>>
>>70453807
I just go by regular grading. 70% is average is it not?

Also, you liked civil war more, so your opinion is trash, imho. That shit isn't even capeshit anymore. It's like a netflix series drama with super hero costumes to sell tickets. The only good thing about the movie was the fighting
>>
>>70453856
If it had good word of mouth the box office wouldn't be slowing down to a crawl at 300 million.
>>
File: image.gif (994 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
994 KB, 245x245
>>70453597
agreed my nigga
>>
Just because no one else liked your mediocre capeshit movie that you clapped at when the gay guy started running fast doesn't mean its some grand conspiracy that the industry is trying to kill anything that isn't marvel fuck
>>
>>70453906
Because the movie doesn't appeal to teenagers.
The movie simply doesn't have a large target audience.
>>
>>70453878
>It's like a netflix series drama with super hero costumes to sell tickets. The only good thing about the movie was the fighting

Except for the fact that nobody cares anymore about their characters, how is X-Men not this?
>>
File: batman shots fired.jpg (11 KB, 262x193) Image search: [Google]
batman shots fired.jpg
11 KB, 262x193
>>
>>70453878
Don't be daft. Both Apocalypse and Deadpool were made that if one would squint their eyes. It might just be a Marvel Studios flick. Because they both adapted many formulas and styles they've used.
>>
>>70453948
The movie doesn't appeal to anyone, that's why no one is watching it.
>>
The worst part about trying to defend this movie are the fa/tv/virgins that just write you off as a contrarian which makes no fucking sense. If I was being contrarian I'd be defending BvS which has the lowest score of them all and is genuinely an irredeemable piece of shit.
>>
The franchise should have ended in DOFP.
This movie is as if they said

>Welp, that's it, we wrapped it up with a movie with both the old and new cast, happy ending.
>DUDE WE DIDN'T USE APOCALYPSE
>OH SHIT

>There you go, Apocalypse, done.
>>
>>70453878
Precisely. It did ts action well which is more than I say for apocalypse.

I'm not saying the movie was a disaster. It had the capacity to be great but ended up as about a 4.5 /10 or 5/10.

If your average is 70% that's fine but I prefer to use the statistical middle as the middle ground. Average = 50% so that higher scores can matter 90-100% should almost never happen IMO.

Thing is that all capeshit so far is escapist "turn your brain off" stuff but I at least found that civil ear didn't have me questioning the movie as it ran.

Whereas X-men had me wondering how the fuck psyclocke strangling someone with something that JUST a sec before cut through concrete.
>>
>>70453980
No, fa/tv/virgins are the ones that hate every movie except for MCU factory, mass produced, same flavor, bullshit
>>
>>70453980
You can defend it all you want, calling it the best capeshit of the year is what would make you a shill or troll or contrarian.
>>
>>70451760
They burned through Apocalypse like they burn through mutants, as if he was just yet another villain when he's basically the X-Men's Thanos.
>>
>>70454054
>Apoc doesn't get two movies
>>
>>70454047
>same flavor
You are defending a franchise that, after 16 years, still hasn't moved on from making Magneto the bad guy.
>>
>Olivia Munn was shit

>Jlaw was shit like usual also she was hungergames in this movie for some reason

>nightcrawler was ok

>i actually liked cyclopes normally i hate him

>jean was ok

>angel was mostly shit

>apocolypse was shit

>storm was also likeable.

>Story as a whole seemed kind of rushed and shitty the ending seemed bland and kind of seemed asspulled.

>Havoc gets fucked.

>Magneto normally my favorite character was mostly shit didnt enjoy him much in this movie.

>Wolvie cameo was good.

6/10. Is what i woild give it.

I think its worse then first class but about on par with dofp
>>
>>70454168
This is a noticeable drop in quality from DoFP even though DoFP did have some retarded shit in it
>>
>Mystique kills Trask
>this convinces the government to start making the Sentinels

>Magneto kills a bazillion of innocent people all around the world
>nobody cares
>>
File: 1441111985199.jpg (87 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1441111985199.jpg
87 KB, 582x600
>bryan singer gave up trying to get jlaw to stop acting like katniss
>>
>>70454054
The comic character isn't interesting enough to use him for multiple movies.
>>
>>70454258
His child and wife got fucking instakilled by a misfired arrow with a wooden arrowhead

have a heart anon :^)
>>
>>70454258
Well they certainly can't make Sentinels now that the population has been decimated and infrastructure basically doesn't exist. I imagine most buildings have collapsed, vehicles don't work, and basically everything is shit. The next few decades will likely be spend recovering from the disaster.
>>
>>70454258
No man the next movie will have sentinals
>>
>>70451760
I watch most capeshit in the theaters. Those billion dollar budgets and special effects really pop on the big screen. Didn't see Apocalypse though.

>leaked Apocalypse looks and sounds terrible, with every trailer constantly retooling him up until weeks away from the release so there's no certainty which Apocalypse you'll get
>another heavily J-law featured one, now with even less blueskin (somehow)
>awful looking Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel and Jean
>Olivia "fuck my asshole, chris" Munn

Apocalypse is my hands down favorite capeshit villain of any series, but this one was a pass.
>>
File: 1486745626147.jpg (68 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
1486745626147.jpg
68 KB, 625x415
>>70454269
>Singer
>caring about anything but his lovely twinks
>>
>>70454214
Your probably right. I have watched first class a few times but only watched dofp once. So i might be a little off with ny rating of it.
>>
>>70453800
Apocalypse's strenght was pretty well displayed, I agree. That scene was pretty great, especially.
>>
>>70454392
>Apocalypse is my hands down favorite capeshit villain of any series
Why?
He's a fucking jobber in every single thing he's been, even this movie.
>>
>>70454258
>Last Stand ended with fighting sentinels in a simulation
>Apocalypse ended with fighting sentinels in a simulation

It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
So did the movie flop at the BO? Or was it a major disappointment for FOX?
>>
>>70454488
It's not a flop, the budget was 180 million and it's already made about 300 million, but it's already slowing down and it's projected to not even reach 500 million.

Not a flop, but a big underperformer compared to DOFP and Deadpool which made 750 million.
>>
>>70451760
Was hating all the blasphemous bologna going on and then comes based night crawler with the prayer to the real God. Did anyone else notice when apocalypto was learning from the TV and said "false gods" right on the word false it showed the twin towers for a quick flash? That stuck with me. They were in the 80s, it wasn't 9/11. Just one man's noticing, might be nothing, but I thought some other anons might find it interesting.
>>
>>70451760
I'd say Deadpool was a little better but Fox's two are easily the two best capeshit of the year, yes.
>>
>>70453603
I did too.
>>
Agreed. Felt like I was watching a comic book come to life. Apocalypse and his four horsemen were fun to watch.
>>
>>70454525
Wtf are you trying to say.
>>
>>70451760
they look fucking awful
>>
File: apocalypse wrecks thor.jpg (331 KB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse wrecks thor.jpg
331 KB, 1249x1920
>>70454441
Been a fan since I was a kid watching the "Beyond Good and Evil" arc on TV.
>>
>>70454619
THOR BTFO
>>
>>70454619
didn't have his hammer that's why
>>
>>70454525
apocalypse could see the future and knew 9/11 would happen. Means absolute nothing in the context of the movie though
>>
>>70454705
So he made Magneto 9/11 the entire world?
>>
>>70454571
>false
>twin towers
Guy babbled, but are you illiterate?
>>
How are they going to get even more threatening in upcoming movies? You already had Apocalypse and Magneto basically destroy the whole world. What new threat could they come up with that the xmen don't just handle easily because they've already overcome this?
>>
File: apocalypse chokes the hulk out.jpg (309 KB, 600x797) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse chokes the hulk out.jpg
309 KB, 600x797
>>70454696
So? As an Asgardian with or without Mjolnir, he should've been several magnitudes higher than any Mutant, even an Omega level one.
>>
>>70454736

Phoenix, the all powerful alien destructive force that eats stars, destroys solar systems and just happens to attach itself to the most powerful psychic/telekinetic mutant of all time and shows up at the end of this movie?

Literally the most famous X-men story and threat?

THAT, probably.
>>
>>70454796
Can anyone stop this guy?
>>
>>70454822
yeah lets do X3 again!
>>
>>70454796
Comic book asspie has entered the thread.
>>
>>70453810
I'll watch this movie if it has more cool moments with Quicksilver or whatever his name is. He was awesome in DoFP
>>
>>70454736
This was my question. Even magneato is a good guy; will they really have him turn on humans AGAIN?
>>
>>70454522
Could you please link the source, anon?
>>
>>70454881
I don't recall solar systems being destroyed in x3 anon. Yes bad guy jean, but really?
>>
>>70453906
This. Word of mouth is bad. I went to see it opening weekend at my local theatre and it wasn't even 1/4 full.

>>70453948
>X-men doesn't have a large target audience
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>70454822
they've already done the "end of the world" arc in this one though. You can't really raise the stakes in the Phoenix movie because they've pretty much already hit to limit
>>
>>70454927
Dude he has literally the best scenes. Only guy to try and 1v1 apocalypse and kicks his ass for awhile. Won't spoil his best scene, but its the pic everyone keeps posting with sweet dreams. There's another part he's running up all the debris magneto is flinging around
>>
>>70454881

They used Phoenix very poorly in that flcik and you can add that to the laundry list of shitty things about X3 but that's not Phoenix's fault.

Superman Returns didn't suck because Lex Luthor was the bad guy. It sucked for a pile of other reasons.
>>
>>70453408

but the millennial womyns must be strong.
>>
>>70454988
>>70454988
That's why I think they'll do onslaught
>>
>>70455026
They spent most of this movie getting chocked.....
>>
>>70455060
Chocked at what?
>>
>>70454897
>comic book movie
>surprised comic book reader might also watch movie

How long have you been shitting on the toilet lid before putting two and two together?
>>
>>70454988

The end of the world is kind of secondary to the Phoenix consuming Jean and it's effects on the team psychologically, plus the galactic scale expands the universe involving X-men aliens and it fits the sequel quota of escalating scale.
>>
>>70455081
kek

choked
>>
>>70455081
>>70455091
You both made me smile (:
>>
>>70455039

Could work, Chuck and Metallo are the real lynch pins of this franchise. They'll need to wring some of the 90's out of Onslaught, though.
>>
>>70455119
lmaooooo :DD
>>
>>70453568
>implying all of 4chan isnt this
>>
File: 1454562044022.jpg (20 KB, 257x244) Image search: [Google]
1454562044022.jpg
20 KB, 257x244
>lets make katniss the main character instead of jean grey, we know fans love katniss
>>
>>70455136
"the 90s" is the best part of characters like onslaught or apocolypes

back then we still knew how to have fun
>>
>>70455190

I just mean for wide appeal.

Bottom half millenials don't give a shit about spikes, pouches, scars over one eye, xxxtreme shit, skateboarding, or orbitz.
>>
They should have set up Apocalypse for all of these new X-Men. At the end of DoFP it should have been revealed that they succeeded in changing the time line, but inadvertently created the Age of Apocalypse future.

Then there should have been a movie where they try to stop Mr. Sinister from awaking apocalypse but fail, and where Mr. Sinister creates Cable.

Then there should be the Apocalypse movie where it's them and future cable vs Apocalypse and his horsemen where they succeed in finally setting the time line right again.

Intersperse both movies with cuts to the future a la DoFP.
>>
>>70454054
This is the Marvel effect. People start to think villains and other aspects should be dragged out over films. You're cucked by Disney and you don't even realize it.

I'd rather have a self-contained satisfying film than small cockteases over years by money hungry Jews.
>>
>>70455240
Fucking faggots
>>
>>70455271
Yeah, why would you want to give the biggest bad guy you have in your franchise special attention?
Also quite funny because Singer is jewish while the Russos are not.
>>
File: apocalypto.webm (3 MB, 480x198) Image search: [Google]
apocalypto.webm
3 MB, 480x198
the absolute madman
>>
>>70455318
The Russos are just yes men and have no creative control over anything that they do. The fact that they aren't kikes means nothing
>>
>>70455271

They should at least drop in universe hints/references instead of just relying on post credits.

Was there a post credit for this one, by the way? I dunno.

>>70455251

Sinister should be the next one, sets up Phoenix because of his weird dicking around with Scott and Jean
>>
>>70455414
again the quicksilver sequence is the best part of the movie

they should give him a solo flick already
>>
>>70455426
They have, actually.
The ones who pushed all executive meddling, the Marvel Creative Comittee, got kicked out a year ago after Feige pushed for it.
Now it's all up to what the directors and writers want to do.
Disney only wants new characters and new suits for old characters so they can keep making new toys.
>>
>>70455464
>solo movie for a guy who's a walking plot device to make ebin 3 minute scenes
It would be boring as fuck.
>>
>>70455464
>best part of the movie
>not the Apocalypse "No more weapons!" scene
>>
Did anyone find the dialogue at the end relentlessly corny? Made Mystique seem like a try hard idiot.

What's up with everyone outside Magneto, Xavier, and Quicksilver being devoid of personality? The whole movie seemed to be an exercise in cliches, but it even follows them poorly e.g. we have Scott and Jean "bonding" over being freaks. Scott says something about being the freak of his school, but it's nonsensical and not really established well at all if he's referring to before he got his powers. The opening scene with the school was terrible. If it's referring to his powers, he immediately transferred. Sansa also can't act. Her delivery after explaining what she did to Wolverine, a pointless shoe-horned moment to set up something in the future, was so clipped and casual after such an intense moment. Was that the result of her hiding her accent?
>>
>>70455414
Jesus christ that CGI is fucking awful.
>>
File: TMNT-Out-of-the-Shadows.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Out-of-the-Shadows.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
So is the newest hot meme involve praising every cape shit movie not by Disney/Marvel as being superior to Civil War?

Where's the TMNT thread where we discuss how each turtle represents a horsemen of the Apocalypse?
>>
>>70455532
Is this just a meme now?
To call everything awful.
I wonder if there's a conspiracy for shills to run around and discredit CGI so cheap directors can have a better shot.
>>
Nigga still looks like ivan ooze
>>
>>70455514
That scene was great. Especially Professor X falling under Apocalypse's seduction.
>>
>>70455566
and thats O K A Y
>>
>>70455558
>WOW, WHY IS /tv/ HATING POPULAR MOVIES AND PRAISING THE ONES THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT
>>
>>70455563
$0.02 have been deposited into your account
>>
File: 1463362853005s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1463362853005s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>70453486
I just don't think this or the DC stuff has the energy or the heart like Marvel. You guys can all talk Pepsi and Dr Pepper up, but Coke is king.
>>
Probably the blandest superhero movie i've watched in years.
It's not bad, it's not good, it just failed to leave any impression at all.
It was just a bunch of nothing, just overly long action scenes to hide the fact that there was barely any plot.
>>
>>70455597
No, $0.02 have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>70455414
I hated the tab thing

such a marketing ploy. I half expected him to pull out a hardees burger at the end and wink at the camera
>>
>>70453486
/thread
>>
>>70455573
>>70455514

Agreed, anons. Oscar Isaac was great IMO, really good acting
>>
File: xmencgi.webm (915 KB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
xmencgi.webm
915 KB, 640x264
>>70455532
But at least it was in THREE D!
>>
>>70455686
HOLY SHIT!

THEY'RE COMING RIGHT AT ME!!
>>
>>70455686
This looks like some shit that belongs on the Disney Channel at 2 in the afternoon. What chink studio did they outsource this to?
>>
File: wolverine-exitstageleft.webm (395 KB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
wolverine-exitstageleft.webm
395 KB, 640x264
>>
>>70455737
Why does this look so funny.
>>
>>70455686
I remember the scene of mystique in the plane and behind her is the destruction in cairo was a very apparent bad CGI scene.
Post that one too.
>>
>>70455659

He totally disappeared into the character!

I completely forgot I was looking at Oscar Isaac!

It could have been anyone!

...that WAS Oscar Isaac, right? He was in this movie? Right?
>>
Howcome Apocalypse didn't take over the world in the Sentinel timeline in Days of Future Past?
>>
>>70455818
He summoned his inner-muslim.

You can take the arab out of the middle east, but you can't take the muslim out of the arab.
>>
>>70455848
"And did you see the way the mayor sneezed?" Lady Palutena laughed as she was gossiping at a table nearby with her fellow girlfriends Lucina, Alice, and Kazooie.
>>
>>70455846
Because he died in the 80s.
Time is linear
>>
>>70455769
"Shit, I left my oven on!"
>>
>>70455846
he was still catching Zs
>>
>>70455848

His mother's Italian
>>
>>70455904
so arabs
>>
File: munnday.webm (1 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
munnday.webm
1 MB, 640x264
>>
>>70455514
>>70455659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk
>>
>>70455978
why didn't he give some armour to katana girl
>>
>>70455988
Or what I've been repeating lately, which is this + the bits from the movie they added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMXvocKaqk
>>
File: dont-look-marion.webm (1 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
dont-look-marion.webm
1 MB, 640x264
>>
>>70455961

Latins?
>>
>>70456015
[BALDS LOUDLY]
>>
>>70455978
I don't know why but there's something about the way Munn stands that always looks awkward, kinda like she's slouching. I think it's the way she holds her arms.
>>
>>70455961

His name is Welsch. Don't tell him any jokes about the food.
>>
>>70456028
lol

maybe like 1500 years ago bud
>>
>>70456048
She doesn't know what to do with her arms, and they dangle awkwardly.
>>
>>70456101
You'd think that after all these years of only being literal eye candy she'd fucking learn
>>
>>70456134
You can suck all the dick you want for roles, but you can't suck enough dick to acting.
>>
>>70456075

Is this the sharia yurop meme?
>>
STOP ACTING LIKE THAT UGLY GOT WHORES HAIR IS THE ONLY THING MAKING HER UGLY
>>
>>70456184
She's hot af

Now, fuck off back to >>>/lgbt/
>>
I watched it last night expecting it to suck and it was actually alright. My only issue is the quicksilver parts they just felt like the movie would've been better without them, it's full cringe tier material.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 488x516
>>70456222
>>
File: munnday2.webm (2 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
munnday2.webm
2 MB, 640x264
>>
File: 1464763210102.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464763210102.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
>>70456205
Hair pulled straight back certainly isn't her best look, but I'd still smash.
>>
File: 1449859326292.jpg (84 KB, 579x618) Image search: [Google]
1449859326292.jpg
84 KB, 579x618
>>70456205

>She's hot af

>SHE'S HOT BECAUSE SHE'S ON MUH NERD SHOW!!
>>
>>70456296
Top is an ugly manfaced hag

Like I said, go back to >>/lgbt/ for your trans fix
>>
File: 235345346.jpg (403 KB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
235345346.jpg
403 KB, 1920x792
>OH WOW SHE ON MY NERD GOT SHOW THAT I LIKE!

>SHE HOT AF
>>
>>70456242

I do hate fun to be fair but it just felt a little out of place is all, hard to take the movie seriously when stuff like that happens.
>>
>>70456296
>>70456336

Don't even watch Game of Shit, but both are attractive.

>>70456330
We can't be bros unless you apologize to Fanke.
>>
Special effects are something you'd watch in a random ass afternoon tv show in the 90s.

Damn, this film sucked ass and I fucking love X-men.
>>
>>70456296
>>70456336

>STOP BEING ATTRACTED TO GIRLS I DON'T FIND ATTRACTIVE!!!!!

I think Sophie Turner is pretty and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
>>
I liked how they were fighting Apocalypse and Magneto was throwing metal and dirt at him, Cyclops was shooting his lazor, professor was mindfucking him and then Beast fucking jumped at him to pummel him with his fists, I guess? That was so funny.
>>
File: 34346.jpg (665 KB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
34346.jpg
665 KB, 1920x792
>>70456336

GOING TO FUCKING THROW UP

>SHE ON MUH NERD SHOW SO SHE HOT AF
>>
I thought this movie was pretty bland

it wasn't the worst capeshit, better than X3 or the shitty Wolverine movies but still not great.

Apocalypse was so boring, I can't even remember any quotes or things he said. And he seemed fucking weak desu, did nothing even that cool.
>>
>>70456396
You're taking this very personally

are you Fanke?
>>
>>70455737
>he ran after seeing Jean's face
Kek
>>
>>70456401
>It's the movies fault I have the attention span of a 10 year old can can't remember anything 2 hours later.
>>
>>70456401
see
>>70455514
>>
Anyone else think the ROTJ comment was in reference to how much this movie sucked before connecting it to X3? Thought meta got out of hand for a second.

>>70456296

Always thought Fanke looked manly, particularly in X3.
>>
>>70456441

Nah, he's right. Apocalypse was totally unremarkable, Isaac was wasted in this movie. It was a very bland outing. It wasn't good enough to be exciting or fun and it wasn't bad enough to give you any pleasure at ripping it apart, either.

It was melba toast, basically.
>>
>>70456441
nah he was just poorly written, he was not interesting he was just some stock EVIL, IMMORTAL BAD DOOD AND HES REALLY NOT NICE
>>
File: ArmCannon[1].png (532 KB, 649x425) Image search: [Google]
ArmCannon[1].png
532 KB, 649x425
>>70453597
>It's good to see a comic book movie feature actual comic book shit
>didn't even have the main character's signature mutant ability
>>
>>70455737
>Who the fuck is this bald chick ?
>Where is my Jean Gey ?
>>
>>70456558
that would be too comic-booky
>>
The GOT's bitch is such a bad Jean

& we are gonna have her as Jean for another 3 or so films

Fuck me
>>
File: xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>>70451760
How is it better than Deadpool?

Deadpool also did more for capeshit and other movies than any of the other capeshit this year since it was a very successful R rated movie.
>>
>>70453592
>I always knew there was something good in you Eric, you don't know it but you're a nice guy even after killing bajillions of people and causing shit loads of destruction.
>>
>>70456618
Also no Chinese release yet it still made bank

Even shitty movies like Ant man made 100mil in China
>>
>>70456618
>How is it better than Deadpool?

It didn't spend a lot of time talking about how subversive it was while not being so at all in additional to being cheap and lazy.
>>
>>70453592
I thought the accidental arrow doublekill was fucking hilarious, I actually lold in the cinema. I mean, if you ever played FPS you know sometimes you just shoot and get an incredibly lucky shot... except it wasn't that lucky in this context.
>>
>>70456482
I was actually enjoying this way more than X3 so no.

But it did end up being rather ironic because of First Class and DoFP.
>>
>>70456694

That actually made me so mad I went past being mad right into laughing my ass off.

Here they give Magneto a wife and a daughter OBVIOUSLY just to stuff them in the fridge and they kill them off in the most retarded possible manner.
>>
>>70456796
I just wonder if they're going to have Magneto go through exact same fucking arc in every movie they make from now on or will they at some point make him an actual fucking villain?
>>
>>70455563

The CGI in this was pretty obvious.

I mean, there was so fucking much of it that it being shoddy aometimes was inevitable but I think that's a solid argument for using practical effects more often and supplementing them with really, really good CGI that costs time and money.

Some parts of this movie reminded me hard of Reloaded and The 2nd Hobbit movie.
>>
>>70456839

Magneto's less villainous than fucking Wolverine in the movies and in the comics, Cyclops is waaaay worse a villain than movie Mags.
>>
>>70455414
they should do a whole movie like this

nigga is OP as fuck
>>
>>70456986
>Magneto's less villainous than fucking Wolverine in the movies
How so? He killed a lot of people by fucking with Earth's core in this one. Wolvie just slashed a bunch of armed soldiers who were involved in torturing and brainwashing him.

>in the comics, Cyclops is waaaay worse a villain
What? How? I only know about his obsession with Jean Grey.
>>
>>70455563
>To call everything awful.
do you know where you are
>>
Why did nobody even ask Storm who she was?

>I was trying to kill you before but now I'll help you I guess
>Cool you can join the gang, what was your name again?

So much of the narrative and characterization of the movie is built on the expectation that you already have read the comics. It's like they were just trying to copy separate parts of the comics onto film.

>remember that character from the comics? We put them in the film, pop culture reference!
>>
>>70456369
just like she can do nothing about those extra chins she's got
>>
>>70455414
Wait... wait... wait... Okay, so how is he able to stop while going super speed? If he stopped for as long as he did wouldn't time just speed up?
>>
>>70457030

Cyclops is an authoritarian militant in the books. Just because he's not openly genocidal keeps him on the good side of the spectrum vs Magneto, otherwise they're very similar people.
>>
>>70451760
Does anyone have a source on this whole thing about the movie flopping? I thought it was doing well.
>>
memes aside I think this is the worse capeshit since the amazing spiderman and one the far worse (high budget) superhero movies ever.

shit use of powers, shit portrayal of apocalypse, shit bad guy altogether, shit evil plan, shit hero motivation, shit character development/ consistency, shit use of Logan
>>
>>70457625
nah
>>
>>70457625
Well, they were loyal to comic book Apocalypse: he's a guy with no personality and his superpower is jobbing.
>>
>>70457625
holy shit Antarctica is fucking massive
>>
pls post more webms...
>>
>>70457707
>nah

the core premise of the movie was that this ancient mutant, once a monarch betrayed by his own people at his most vulnerable state; resurfaces thousands of years later only to try and recreate the exact same process that leaves him vulnerable only this time he has no kingdom only 4 mutants who literally had nothing better to do at that moment and bail on him the second shit gets tough. and jean becomes phoenix.
>>
>>70451760
Im the only who likes mutant universe more than anvengers shit.

Speed guy and metal guy were the best. Purple guy was ok villian.
>>
so can someone explain to me why they were so accepting of the mutants who just took part in the murder of hundreds of millions of humans?

Storm is allowed to join the x-men, magneto is allowed to go his own way even though he's very clearly going to keep killing, psylocke just walked away and no one thought to go after her. What the fuck, I know Xavier's whole deal is helping people but there has to be a limit somewhere.

Never mind the fact that there's now never any hope of coexistence with humans as they just proved everyone's worst fears about mutants true.
>>
Can someone tell me when this
>Disney pays for reviews
>Dc vs marvel

Memes started
>>
>>70453519
>magnetos mother AND daughter both killed accidently by one stray arrow
also it was an arrow without a metal point that was somehow able to pierce bone and hit both of them straight through the heart

also it was his wife not his mom
>>
>>70458116
When BvS unjustly got a 27% on RT
>>
>>70453597
>this movie was thrilling and engaging throughout
I thought it took way too long to get going personally, that whole half hour at the start of introducing new characters was painfully slow

dofp was a lot better for not having that
>>
>>70458268
Unjustly to who? It wasn't very good, I think if they would have picked an audience to target it would have gotten higher. Either you go rated r with the dark shit or you lighten it up for the family pg market.
>>
>>70454441
just because you don't win doesn't mean you're a jobber

it's a super hero movie, of course the bad guy isn't going to win
>>
File: Just kill me now.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
Just kill me now.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>70451760
>Film gets rave reviews and is a great success (Deadpool)
/tv/ hates it
>Movie gets widely panned as barely mediocre (X-Men: Apocalypse)
/tv/ suddenly loves

Like clockwork.
>>
>so apparently there were mutants thousands of years ago
>really? But I thought the first mutants only appeared a hundred years ago or so
>apparently not

then they never explain why there were mutants earlier than a hundred years ago but no record of them at all
>>
>>70455189
she's not the main character

if anyone is its cyclops
>>
>>70456685
But it had a metric fuckton of other problems and did nothing for capeshit as a whole.

Also Deadpool was in no way lazy. Their budget was slim yet they ended up producing a better made and written movie.
>>
>>70455514
so did apocalypse get rid of all the nukes because he was scared of them being used to kill him or because he felt humanity was too dependent on weapons?
>>
So when will Fox license the rights back to Marvel so they can fix their mess?
>>
>>70458691
didn't kevin bacon try to nuke everything because radiation is good for mutants?
>>
>>70458678

Lazy meta humor was lazy, but it did make me laugh three times. I was on the fence a bit, but Deadpool was a better movie. It just also happens to be a bad movie.
>>
>>70453856
Apocalypse is my favorite comic book villain they didn't do him justice. He's not the kind of villain you introduce and kill of in one movie. It's a shame too, because they've now used up DOFP, Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix storylines what else X Men story lines do they have left?
>>
>>70456694
I live in westchester county, there was a big laugh when xavier said things were getting better and mystique said yeah maybe in westchester
>>
>>70454041

the psylocke strangle thing definitely bothered me as well. everything else about the movie sucked too.
>>
>>70458779
The post-credits scene hints at Mister Sinister (they obviously won't name him that though, that's too comic-booky). Also they'll probably expand on the Dark Phoenix, this is a new continuity anyway so 3 isn't canon anymore, and Dark Phoenix is a pretty big thing.
>>
>>70454442
>Last Stand ended with fighting sentinels in a simulation
I think you meant started bub
>>
>>70455414
it blows my mind that anyone thought this wasn't the worst scene in the movie. and it was a terrible movie.
>>
>>70458538
I liked deadpool, dumb frogposter
>>
>>70458779
well they could always, oh idk, write something new
>>
>>70457303

>being disciplined is basically the same thing as being a genocidal murderer
>hes just not "open" about it, but we KNOW hes thinking it!
>its the same mindset!

This is the point of moral equivalence we've reached.
>>
>>70455532
The fuck are you talking about? Fox's Quicksilver is the only time I've seen a visually pleasing super speed sequence. Every other thing i've seen just uses the shitty blur line
>>
>>70458949
>a visually pleasing super speed sequenc
What about The Matrix?
>>
>>70458772
>deadpool
>bad

It's one of the better movies of the year. Do note I didn't think it was amazing.
>>
>>70451760
>mystique being ultra shit
>Apocalypse being a hilariously bad villain
>Quipsilver

why do you guys defend shit? why do you guys insist on being contrarian
>>
>>70458970
Is it actually fun? I didn't like the trailer, the part where he kills those guys (who pose no threat to him, he can regenerate) and talks about jacking off. It felt so forced.
>>
>>70458880
>I am /tv/
>>
>>70459004
until I die or you find someone better
>>
>>70451924
>>70452661

put deadpool last and you're spot on
>>
>>70459003
honestly yeah, it really delivered a lot more than I thought it would
>>
>>70459003
>Is it actually fun?

Yes. Some jokes are misses but overall it's a very fun movie. It's also refreshingly R rated.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.