[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: basedElliot.jpg (125 KB, 848x629) Image search: [Google]
basedElliot.jpg
125 KB, 848x629
Can we agree that season 2 of True Detective was in fact just as good as season 1
>>
>>70448959
Worse throughout, better finale.

Seems like the just picked the idea that would lead to that finale and the rushed the rest of it.

Wasn't bad TV, but wasn't as gripping as the first one.

Also McAdams is qt.
>>
I liked it. But the occult mystic shit was part of what made season 1 special.
>>
I thought it was pretty good. Don't know that it was *better* than S1, because they really are quite different stories. But I'm glad to see a little renaissance of people coming out and admitting it was good despite critical backlash. Or maybe it's just one guy making a ton of threads. I dunno.
>>
The writing is so different it's hard to really compare. I can see how you could think S2 was as well- or better-written.
But S1 was produced way, way better. Better acting, better cinematography and editing, better design.
>>
It was alright.
Just not as good as the first season, still way better than most tv shit.
>>
Shit-tier television that got a promising series cancelled by a network that almost never quits on its brands. Go fuck yourself, OP. You are liquid cancer.
>>
>>70448959
No, it was horrible, it was a piece of shit.
>>
>>70449145
how hard is it to hire a single director for 8 episodes?
>>
>>70448959
Absolutely fucking not

It was horrible, Pizza had no idea what the fuck he was doing, and HBO will be right when they officially pull the third season
>>
>>70450382

Pretty hard, actually. If you want a good one, that is.

You're asking someone to devote a fuckton of time to it, essentially 4 movies in the timespan most are able to do 1 or 2.
>>
>>70448959
Stop making these threads, Pizza. I just want to forget it.
>>
File: its-always-sunny-glenn-howerton.jpg (2 MB, 1818x3000) Image search: [Google]
its-always-sunny-glenn-howerton.jpg
2 MB, 1818x3000
No it clearly wasn't as good as S1, but it wasn't total shit. Lets not argue about that again though.

It sucks there won't be a season 3 but I was thinking about it the other day and I would love to see Glenn Howerton in a True Detective type show. He's a great actor and it's against type.

What yall think?
>>
It's an example of when the fans are idiots

They liked SE1 because it was mystical and had certain dark elements

They thought SE2 would the same.

But the show is about detectives solving crimes,you gotta mix things up or it becomes stale.
>>
File: P.O.F.jpg (73 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
P.O.F.jpg
73 KB, 750x1000
>>70449324
>cancelled
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.